No announcement yet.

Losing Pregnancy Weight & Reversing Type II Diabetes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I was going to ask the same question, but from a different direction. If you just had a baby and are not breastfeeding, your body thinks you lost the baby, and is ready for you to get pregnant again, so it will hang onto that weight.

I know it sounds like you are jammed no matter what, but four months after having a baby is still pretty soon. Try not to worry about it too much. Is eating primally helping you to feel better? Aside from the tiredness-with a baby that's a given!

I also think you may not be eating enough.

Comment

@teach2183 Unfortunately, I'm not breastfeeding. I know the scales aren't the best indicator of fat loss, but I think I'm slightly obsessed with them.
      I do try on my pre-pregnancy pants once a week to see how they fit. I can zip them up now, but I have a substantial muffin top spilling over the top!
      I already failed my whole30 coz I couldn't do without my tea & dark chocolate. I have this snack when my baby has fallen asleep and I can catch up on my tv show- I LOVE this time & I can't give it up just yet!
      I feel quite good eating 2 meals per day. I don't feel hungry.

@ Sabine I do feel really good primal - I will never go back to cw! I just want to fit into my clothes. I'm sick of wearing my track pants and baseball cap everyday!

Btw thanks for commenting on my journal
      Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
      Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

Comment

Day 13:

B: Bacon, Egg

L/S: Same snack! Tea, 1 piece dark chocolate, gouda, 4 almonds

D: Salmon, Grilled Veg

I didn't do any exercise today - not even walk coz I couldn't be bothered. Tomorrow I'm gonna try Robb Wolf's strength training in the park - I'm going to try my best to not feel self-conscious because I'm so crap.
        I bought a 15lb kettlebell, so I'm excited to start swinging.

Comment

Weight: 136.4 lbs

Comment

Just thought I would check in.... How are your blood sugars doing?
            I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
            My Journal

Comment

@Tormag my blood sugars are great - I've been having normal readings (fasting around 90s) for the last couple of days! I probs will have a high reading tomorrow coz I ate dessert for thanksgiving, but I'll be straight back to Primal again soon. I bought a kettlebell too - it is a great workout! I didn't realize it would work my whole body like that.

Comment

Blegh! Ate chocolate mousse for dessert and feel a bit sick. I had chicken, veg, parsnips and a bit of gravy (yuck) for thanksgiving dinner.
                I didn't go overboard, but after the choc mousse I feel like another dessert even though I feel a bit gross- but I'm not going to cave. Instead I'm going to fast for the next 24hrs and have a great workout tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by lowcarbjas View Post
                  @Tormag my blood sugars are great - I've been having normal readings (fasting around 90s) for the last couple of days! I probs will have a high reading tomorrow coz I ate dessert for thanksgiving, but I'll be straight back to Primal again soon. I bought a kettlebell too - it is a great workout! I didn't realize it would work my whole body like that.
                  Good to hear.... I lol'd when I read your comment about the kettlebell. That is what makes them such a great workout tool. I did a monster workout myself this afternoon and can hardly move....
                  I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
                  My Journal

Comment

I forgot images have to be approved

Comment

Weight: 136.8 lbs Not too crazy

Comment

Weight: 135.8 lbs

Comment

Weight: 135.4 lbs

I haven't been posting much lately because I haven't been eating that much to be honest. I have a complete lack of appetite. Nothing appeals to me - except I made a chicken broth that I was so looking forward to eating - BUT it tasted like a*s. I had to throw it away. I have low energy too and feel exhausted pretty much all day. I try to sleep early, but I can't get to sleep.

I'm going to visit my mum in Nov, so hopefully that will make me feel better.

Comment

Day 17:

It's been a bit over 2 weeks & I've lost 5 lbs. Pretty good, but I've been feeling tired and void of any energy. I don't know if it's the diet or my baby not sleeping through the night?

Comment

Weight: 135 lbs

Comment

Make sure you are eating enough! I went through months of exhaustion and having trouble sleeping while "being careful" about portions. We went on vacation and I stopped all rules about eating, came back with more energy. Since then I have made a conscious effort to eat more and the weight loss continues with more energy.

Comment

Working...
                                X