Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think men in their 50's are sexy. I work with a 55 year old man that I find damn sexy. Just throwing that one out there.
    Georgette

Comment

• So today is a good day, finally. I feel much better. And I finally lost that "mysterious" weight gain.... not sure how that ever happened, and why it stayed around so long. I have thought about this and what I really need - I think - is a lot more exercise... and by that I think I need another 7 or 8 hours a week.

I frequently find myself wide awake at 5 AM. The YMCA opens at 5 AM. And I was told by a life guard that the pools are open at that time, but barely used. I think I will start heading to the Y for some early morning swimming, and follow it up with a walk around the indoor track, a few days a week. I enjoy swimming but I hate it when the pools are too filled to do laps..... the Y does have a laps pool, but I am not a strong swimmer, and I worry that I might get 1/2way through a lap and get too tired to finish.... and the water in the lap pool is over my head. I can go from one end to the other, take a small break, and then reverse..... but I can't do a full lap without stopping.
      Start Date 9.24.12
      Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
      CW - 271 pounds
      First Goal - 255 by 2013
      Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
      Other Goal - to get off some medications
      Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
      NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• Can I rant about bad parents, please?

I mentioned before about the girl next to us who is nothing but trouble..... but on the other side of my house, we have this absolutely wonderful almost 14 year old girl. ( she doesn't often play with my kids, who are 11, but she is very nice to them, and does sometimes play with them. )

I really wish she spent more time with my kids as she is just a terrific kid, but the age difference is too significant, I guess.

Anyway, her parents are "country club snobs". In fact, the dad once actually said to me - I kid you not not - that he wanted to live more among "his quality of people"...... Now understand that we live in a really nice area.... our development is filled with 3500 SF homes built on 1 acre lots. Nobody drives beat up cars. People keep their properties in good shape. A veryy nice area.

OK, so, the parents go to the country club EVERY SINGLE Saturday and Sunday.... and they leave their daughter at home alone from 6 AM - to whenever they get home, which is usually around 11 PM..... So, in the last month or so, I found out that this girl just shows up at people's homes on Saturday and Sunday... She will text somebody and ask if it is OK to come over and spend the day. She goes to about 4 people's homes regularly.

And the people feed her, and take her places, and her parents don't even know, or care, it seems. ( though she does text her parents about most stuff ).... People pay her way into movies and such. We do this as well, because she really is an excellent kid. Her parents don't even leave her money to pay for stuff.

Just last night, she texted my wife and asked if she could come over because she was bored, and we had her over for dinner. Then we had her stay for family game night, where we included another family from the development. It was a blast.... However, after the girl went home, the mom of the family told us that this girl has been floating around on the weekends for a few years now. She said that the girl is at her house at least 4 weekend days a month, and usually spends most of the day with her family.

OK, I am rambling. This girl is so nice, and I feel like this is almost criminal neglect.

True fast story..... On Friday night our development had delayed Halloween because of Sandy. The parents left her at home to give out candy. I guess she had had enough because she came over to our house and asked my wife to make her a fast Halloween costume, and she took my kids trick or treating, leaving her own home with the candy on the front steps, telling kids to take what they wanted ( she made a poster and put it next to the candy ).

I just don't get how people can be such bad parents. If it wasn't illegal, I would probably be one to "knock some sense" into the idiot father's brain.
        Start Date 9.24.12
        Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
        CW - 271 pounds
        First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• At least she is assertive enough to go and get some family life on her own. Your neighbors (the ones including her in their family life) sound like good folk. Hope everyone can keep keeping an eye out for her.

Comment

• OK, feel like I need some veggies in me. So tonight I am making a Bok Choy stir fry.

Ingredients:

1 head of bok choy
            2 cloves of garlic or 1 TBS garlic paste ( I get mine at the Indian marketplace... cheaper than grocery store )
            1 TBS grated ginger.... maybe a little less.... too much ginger ruins stuff for me
            1 TBS oil.... I might try coconut oil for this one tonight... should go very well, tho I usually use olove oil
            2 TBS coconut aminos
            sat and pepper to taste

Give the ginger and garlic a minute in the hot oil. Add the bok choy, and cook til desired "wiltedness" ( I make words up to suit me ) then add salt and pepper to your liking.

Optional: You can add onions and peppers to the saute. But I would saute them before the ginegr and garlic as I wouldn't want the garlic to burn.
            Start Date 9.24.12
            CW - 271 pounds
            First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• I'd be the one to call children's services. What would happen if the girl was raped, beaten or even dare I say it, murdered. I'm sorry, but something needs to happen to those "parents".
              Georgette

Comment

• I think those parents are just asking for trouble. The chiquita is doing what she can, but that's not how she should hafta do it. I'd say call the parents out on it (and get as many people to back you as possible) and when that goes over like a lead balloon, call CPS.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                  I'd be the one to call children's services. What would happen if the girl was raped, beaten or even dare I say it, murdered. I'm sorry, but something needs to happen to those "parents".
                  I wasn't even thinking so much about your scenario, but more along the lines of "who is actually raising this girl"?...... It's amazing that she is turning out to be such a good kid since she isn't really getting much parenting.... Her mother died a few years ago. I never met her, but I heard she was a great mom. The father has remarried to a woman he met at the country club... Strangely enough, they both work for the IRS, though in vastly different areas.
                  Start Date 9.24.12
                  CW - 271 pounds
                  First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Papa View Post
                    I wasn't even thinking so much about your scenario, but more along the lines of "who is actually raising this girl"?...... It's amazing that she is turning out to be such a good kid since she isn't really getting much parenting.... Her mother died a few years ago. I never met her, but I heard she was a great mom. The father has remarried to a woman he met at the country club... Strangely enough, they both work for the IRS, though in vastly different areas.
                    That explains a lot. Sounds like her bio mom did a good job with her. The dad sounds like he just wants to cater to the new wife and screw the kid.
                    Georgette

Comment

• On another note, I may vote for whoever calls me less between now and Tuesday. I am so tired of political phone calls..... I just had a recorded message from the DAUGHTER of someone running for something - who sounds like she is about 15 years old - telling me why I should vote for her dad.
                      Start Date 9.24.12
                      CW - 271 pounds
                      First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Papa View Post
                        On another note, I may vote for whoever calls me less between now and Tuesday. I am so tired of political phone calls..... I just had a recorded message from the DAUGHTER of someone running for something - who sounds like she is about 15 years old - telling me why I should vote for her dad.
                        This is why I disconnected my home phone and won't list my cell phone with the political parties. Now, if I could just leave Ohio and not have to deal with all the political ads.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Sadly, CPS wouldnt do anything about the 14 year old. 14 year olds can stay home alone legally. It is a sad case, though. I went through hell to have my two babies and I just dont understand parents who dont cherish their children. I feel like a terrible mom if I plop them down in front of 2 movies in a row on a Sunday just to get some housework done. They are 2 and 4 and sometimes it is easier to distract them than to let them "help." You guys are being a great source of support for this poor girl. At least she knows there are good people and good families in the world. Her dad should be knocked up side the head with something heavy. *sigh
                          It's just another day in paradise
                          As you stumble to your bed
                          You'd give anything to silence
                          Those voices ringing in your head
                          You thought you could find happiness
                          Just over that green hill
                          You thought you would be satisfied
                          But you never will-
                          Learn to be still
                          -The Eagles

Comment

• I'm thinking about making Posole'. Not sure it is "legal" tho...... what do you think?

EDIT..... looks like a sub to squash is in order, instead of hominy.
                            Last edited by Primal Papa; 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM.
                            Start Date 9.24.12
                            CW - 271 pounds
                            First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• I give the girl credit! She could be seeking out "bad kids" to hang out with - instead she's seeking out stable families who know how to take care of their kids. It's a shame she doesn't get more attention from her own parents. My parents didn't disappear for the whole day, but they'd be gone every weekend evening until closing time. I think my sister and I started staying home without a sitter after I turned 10 (she was 8). Drove my dad crazy (parents divorced) and sometimes he'd come and pick us up if he didn't have something else going on that didn't allow for kids (he wasn't a partier, so that wasn't what would preclude our participating).

Some parents just don't get it. My sister is a bar fly with 2 kids. DH and I stay home with ours or if we go out, we take them with us or leave them with grandparents who spoil them instead of babysitters who text and watch tv. Just differences in priorities, I guess.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Just back from voting. I haven't seen it as crowded as today EVER.

Anyway, another day of gastric issues. It is getting rather tiresome.
                                Start Date 9.24.12
                                CW - 271 pounds
                                First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

Working...
                                X