Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See, I had no idea green bean casserole was a "thing" as compared to just a general concept. What on earth is it?

Growing up, green beans were something you ate with a little bit of butter, salt, and pepper, so please forgive my non-American ignorance (I was also horrified to learn about marshmallows on sweet potatoes since I grew up with them baked and eaten with butter).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Essentially, tho there are variations... it is ( usually ) canned green beans covered with cream of mushroom soup, and then covered with those dried onion sticks, baked in the oven.

All bad for us.... but still one of my favorite things in the world to eat.... It's a love it or hate it kinda thing.
      Start Date 9.24.12
      Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
      CW - 271 pounds
      First Goal - 255 by 2013
      Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
      Other Goal - to get off some medications
      Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
      NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• I have to make it for my oldest daughter. She adores the stuff and really, so do I for that matter. I'm thinking of making it this year with onions good in bacon versus the French's fried onions. I think that would make it mucho better.
        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
          I'm thinking of making it this year with onions good in bacon versus the French's fried onions. I think that would make it mucho better.
          Now that sounds really good with crumbled up bacon on it. I love some green bean casserole, but have passed on it since going primal. Sure sounds good though.
          Primal since 27 August 2012
          Age 47
          Height 5'10"
          SW 236
          PW 223
          GW 185

My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffybear View Post
            Now that sounds really good with crumbled up bacon on it. I love some green bean casserole, but have passed on it since going primal. Sure sounds good though.
            And now that I've found gluten free cream of mushroom soup, I feel even better about it.
            Georgette

Comment

• I've just never been a fan of green bean cassrole. Tastes foul to me. I prefer salt pork green beans. I do however, love me some sour cream potato casserole. That stuff's awesome.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sour Cream Potato Casserole? Do tell?
                Georgette

Comment

• So last night I was at a Halloween party and I was sitting at a table with mostly women. They were talking about exercise, when one started talking about how her sister was doing something called the "caveman diet".... She went on to say that her sister was really doing well on it and had lost a lot of weight. But then the story took a funny / sad story depending on how you take this.

Her sister was babysitting one night at a friend's house.And after she put the baby to bed she went looking for a snack.... not finding anything that fit her diet, she looked in the freezer and found a new box of mini "Drum Sticks", ice cream cones. So, she had one..... and then had another, and another, and another, and another....... until when she was done she had eaten 14 of these mini ice cream cones.... and after getting home she proceeded to get sick and stay sick for almost 3 days.

The lady telling the story was laughing. I wanted to say that I was on that way of eating, but I decided to remain silent rather than get into any kind of heated discussion with someone I really didn't know. Not that I would have, but who knows how the discussion may have gone..... I know many a person who has been ridiculed for eating low carbs.
                  Start Date 9.24.12
                  Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
                  CW - 271 pounds
                  First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• I know what you mean PP! At first I was quite open about eating Primal when people commented on my weight loss, but after many a time when the response was less than positive I have since become very selective with who I let know about my eating choices. Most of the time I find people come up with their own "reason" for why I could possibly not want bread or pasta and I am more than happy to let them come up with a reason that works for them.

I found most people look to shoot holes in this lifestyle by spouting off tidbits of CW. Often if you try to counter their point of view they respond with the time tested and true line "but they're the experts, I think they know what they are talking about." Many don't seem interested in hearing "This works for me. I feel a thousand times better eating this way then I every have before and I'm losing weight like never before." So many people seem to think this is just a diet and "you can't possibly eat this way forever and when you stop all the weight will come back." I've heard all of it and it used to frustrate me until I realized I'm doing this for me and I don't need to explain it to anyone else.
                    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Comment

• So, hurricane Sandy is definitely on the way. I still think it won't be as bad as predicted. For my area they are saying 60 - 80 MPH winds with 8"- 10" of rain... The worst is supposed to start after 9PM, last I heard. We already have gad about 1" of rain, and winds are gusting to about 30 MPH, I guess. We have cooler chests full of ice. We have candles and flashlights. And we have plenty to drink. My biggest concern is that our electrical system - like the whole area - is rather dated, and we are prone to minor power outages. Plus we live near majorly wooded areas, and you know the trees will be falling.

BTW, Today starts week 5.....
                      Start Date 9.24.12
                      CW - 271 pounds
                      First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• Stay safe, PP!

Comment

• Hope the storm does not do too much damage in your area PP! Stay safe!
                          “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Comment

• We haven't lost power where I live(knock on wood) and we usually lose it before other parts of central Ohio. We're being downgraded to a High Wind Advisory. Whatever is going on your area, just be safe.
                            Georgette

Comment

• We came through relatively unscathed..... no power for 14 hours. And the wind trashed our grill, but other than that, no big deal.... TONS of trees down in the area, though. In fact, fallen trees were why we lost power. Now it is just a yucky day. Supposed to be much nicer tomorrow.
                              Start Date 9.24.12
                              CW - 271 pounds
                              First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• I'm glad you're all okay, PP!

Comment

Working...
                                X