Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
    How do you make rice stuffing?
    I do it with wild rice cooked in fowl broth, mixed with crumbled sausage, onion, garlic and herbs.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yes, pretty much the same here except no sausage and some diced celery and carrots (mirepoix, basically). You can use white or wild rice. Really, the bread or rice is mostly there to absorb flavors from the turkey and seasonings, and I quite like it with rice.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• I think I'm going to steal y'all's recipes for rice stuffing. Sounds delish!
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm late to the party...but wanted to say hi and keep going, even if your weight loss isnt fast and steady. I didnt lose weight when I started back in June and have only just now started to lose anything. Just concentrate on how much better you feel and how big your old clothes are.

Also, have you ever tried making your own sausage? I get 80/20 ground pork and mix sage, marjoram and red pepper flakes together and it makes a great sausage with no fillers and no sugar or salt. Since you dont like salty bacon for breakfast. It would go great in a breakfast casserole.

And I played WOW on Scarlet Crusade, but gave it up back in January when SWTOR came out, and then gave up gaming alltogether when grad school got too demanding. Wishing I had to time to roll up a Panda...but didnt even buy the expansion this time. I miss Vanilla WOW, to be honest. I dont eat chicken fat, though.
          It's just another day in paradise
          As you stumble to your bed
          You'd give anything to silence
          Those voices ringing in your head
          You thought you could find happiness
          Just over that green hill
          You thought you would be satisfied
          But you never will-
          Learn to be still
          -The Eagles

Comment

• Originally posted by Periwinkle View Post
            I'm late to the party...but wanted to say hi and keep going, even if your weight loss isnt fast and steady. I didnt lose weight when I started back in June and have only just now started to lose anything. Just concentrate on how much better you feel and how big your old clothes are.

Also, have you ever tried making your own sausage? I get 80/20 ground pork and mix sage, marjoram and red pepper flakes together and it makes a great sausage with no fillers and no sugar or salt. Since you dont like salty bacon for breakfast. It would go great in a breakfast casserole.

And I played WOW on Scarlet Crusade, but gave it up back in January when SWTOR came out, and then gave up gaming alltogether when grad school got too demanding. Wishing I had to time to roll up a Panda...but didnt even buy the expansion this time. I miss Vanilla WOW, to be honest. I dont eat chicken fat, though.
            Funny you say that. I have a book on how to make sausage, and have never attempted it. I also have the Kitchenaid mixer with the attachment to grind meat, but have never used it.
            Start Date 9.24.12
            Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
            CW - 271 pounds
            First Goal - 255 by 2013
            Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
            Other Goal - to get off some medications
            Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
            NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• It would probably taste better if you ground a pork butt or somthing. I just use the pre-ground pork I buy at the grocery store and mix it by hand. I googled breakfast sausage recipes and then tried a few. I wish I could make link sausage, but too much work.
              But you never will-
              Learn to be still
              -The Eagles

Comment

• I have a bit of ground pork in the freezer from a pig we had gifted to us a couple years ago by DH's grandma. I wrote the spices down so I can try your mixture, Periwinkle. I love sausage but don't love all the crap that gets added to it, and I've recently learned that my semi-chain grocery is going to stop carrying the 99% paleo stuff I'd found (ok, it's not paleo b/c it's likely made from CAFO meat, but it's paleo otherwise).

Comment

• I got my recipe off homesicktexan.blogspot.com/...I think search for breakfast sausage. I dont remember how much of each spice. Sometimes I just wing it and I use less red pepper flakes b/c I dont like it spicey. It has to be 80/20 b/c the leaner pork doesnt fry right. Makes me want some now too...
                  But you never will-
                  Learn to be still
                  -The Eagles

Comment

• I make pork sausage patties regularly. I switch up the spices but almost always include sage, thyme, and some allspice in the mix.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Periwinkle View Post
                      It would probably taste better if you ground a pork butt or somthing. I just use the pre-ground pork I buy at the grocery store and mix it by hand. I googled breakfast sausage recipes and then tried a few. I wish I could make link sausage, but too much work.
                      I just happen to have about 12 pounds of that right now. I was planning on smoking it all for a Halloween party I am attending on Saturday night, but maybe I will keep 2 - 3 pounds and finally try to make sausage. I actually own an old fashioned hand grinder. I use it as a decoration, but it really works, or so I was told when I bought it.
                      Start Date 9.24.12
                      Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
                      CW - 271 pounds
                      First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• Hey PP! I spent my downtime at work reading your journal. That's what happens when your in training at a new job.

Anywho, I want to say congrats on what you've accomplished thus far. You're daughters are adorable. I've been on and off primal for about 2 years and this week, I've made my commitment to stay primal for as long as I possibly can. I'm asthmatic and have pretty nasty year round allergies. I've always known that gluten seems to be a trigger for me, but I've fought giving up dairy. I'm very much limiting my dairy consumption. Not fully giving it up, but limiting my consumption to a few times a week.

In regards to Thanksgiving, have what you like. It's one day. I have seen some people post recipes on primalizing green bean casserole. You may also be able to do a google search on it as well. I'm going to have pumpkin pie and oyster stuffing, but plan on using pecans as the crust and gf bread from a bakery to use towards the stuffing. Will definitely be back to check your page out.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Here's something for you.

Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes | Paleo Diet Lifestyle

Comment

• LOL, Jenn, it is 12:10 AM and I want to go cook now! I will ABSOLUTELY make a few of those on Thanksgivng!
                            Start Date 9.24.12
                            CW - 271 pounds
                            First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• I am hoping all my east coast friends make out fine with Hurricane Sandy. I live about 35 mile west of CC Philly, and if wunderground is to be believed, it won't be so bad in my area... Over 3 days they have a prediction of 4+ inches of rain and 25 - 45 MPH hour winds. No big deal at all if that is the case. Of course local weather people have been trying to frighten the hell outta people in the name of ratings. ( I worked in TV for 20 years, but not in news.... I have scruples ) I used to know a weather guy who did TV and radio... and he actually got extra pay when he said "blizzard" on the air...... I have witnessed news directors and producers "nudge" the weather people to exaggerate on the severity of weather. Anyway, it's been a pretty cool week... I played volleyball on Thrusday night for the 1st time in 25 years, and I had so much fun, I will be joining adult volleyball at the YMCA.

Went to a fun adults only Halloween party last night, and had a good time. The only bad part of the week was waking up this morning and being sick as a dog..... Sore throat, sinus congestion and pain, and just a general fogginess in my head. I get this 2x a year, and it's brutal for about 5 days until the meds knock it out.
                              Start Date 9.24.12
                              CW - 271 pounds
                              First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• I know you mentioned you like green bean casserole. I found a gluten free cream of mushroom soup that I'm going to try in mine and I even got it at my local Kroger.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X