Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your dad is so fat".... Primal Papa's Journal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Primal Papa View Post
    I can skip the pies.

Comment

• Another really tasty way to have green beans is to saute bacon and onion until the onion is caramelized and toss it all together with the beans. I'm not suggesting you replace your favorite green bean casserole but do give it a try sometime. Brussel sprouts are also tasty that way.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I love my green beans and brussels mixed with bacon and onion. soooo yummy! But I also like green bean casserole. I agree about the starch instead of flour for the gravy. I used arrowroot starch or tapioca starch, but for what it's worth, I grew up on gravy made from cornstarch, so it wasn't a huge leap for me to switch starches.

The girl: I'm glad you said something to her. But I'm afraid she's probably going to say something to her parents which could result in the parents confronting you. Hopefully not. Like everyone else has said, she's learned this from her mom. Unlearning it will be hard work and will only happen if the mom stops being a complete jerk too. Good luck with that. The good news is, though, that your twins have each other. My kids are 3 years apart and don't play together much b/c they are so far off from each other developmentally. Your girls, much to their benefit, have a best friend for life.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHH!!

Today is weigh in day. And the scale says I am up 6 pounds in one week! I don't count calories,but I know how many calories I eat, pretty much.... 2000 - 2500 a day. And I exercise some, too. I know I don't cheat on primal ( minus that one single bite of banana bread )..... so what the heck is up with that???? Matter of fact, 6 pounds in LESS than a week, since I weighed in on a day I shouldn't have. This seems almost impossible unless I was eating 7000 calories a day over the last several days, and I have not.

Sigh... so pissed and depressed right now.
          Start Date 9.24.12
          Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
          CW - 271 pounds
          First Goal - 255 by 2013
          Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
          Other Goal - to get off some medications
          Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
          NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
            Not much you can do about bread stuffing though--I make one with rice instead, but I've done that for years because I'm a celiac, and not every family is going to accept that change to the traditional meal.
            Bull crap. I'm a celiac, and I've made bread stuffing every year since I went GF. You just get several loaves of GF bread, let it dry out until it's brittle, then use it the same way you would regular bread.

ETA: Plus I'm fairly certain that one of the local hippie-marts was carrying a GF stuffing mix last year.
            Last edited by Twibble; 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM.
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• How are you clothes fitting? Your weight may fluctuate (if you had such significant losses before, it could just be water retention) from time to time. More salt? Less salt? Sleeping okay? I know that weight is an easy and helpful marker for healthy progress, but there are more signs to look for, as long as you do not FEEL like you've gained fat.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Throw away the scale and use a tape measure. The fancy scales that they use in medical clinics have to be calibrated regularly; the cheap ones that you buy in the store can't be calibrated and are often wrong, even from one time to the next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  Throw away the scale and use a tape measure. The fancy scales that they use in medical clinics have to be calibrated regularly; the cheap ones that you buy in the store can't be calibrated and are often wrong, even from one time to the next.
                  What she said. I hate my scale. It's garbage. I can get on and off 15 times in 5 minutes and it'll give me a different read each time - sometimes off by as much as 5 lbs from the last time I stepped on 3 seconds before.

The scale is a decent measure to see how you've done over time, like a long period of time, but it's not reliable. Plus, our bodies are so finnicky and will hold water at the drop of a hat. Chances are, you could get on again tomorrow and find all 6 lbs gone. Don't let it get you down. You're doing everything right. Likely you had one ingredient in your day yesterday that caused a reaction that resulted in water retention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    Throw away the scale and use a tape measure. The fancy scales that they use in medical clinics have to be calibrated regularly; the cheap ones that you buy in the store can't be calibrated and are often wrong, even from one time to the next.

I get that, but I do know that my scale was always within 1 pound of my doctor's scale..... they keep one in the hallway and I can just drop in any time and use it. In fact, I can even have them record my weight as often as I like. They have a computer there where you can log your own weight.
                    Start Date 9.24.12
                    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
                    CW - 271 pounds
                    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• That's what I was doing and I soon became allergic to them. Really sucked because I loved them so much. I had read you should only eat something once during a day, So 6 eggs in one sitting VS 2 eggs three times a day will help prevent allergies.
                      One of my favorite breakfast now is Leg of lamb fried in coconut oil with a couple slices of bacon cooked in the same pan. Good stuff, but trying going out to eat when you canít have eggs or Grains for Breakfast, good thing I donít do that to often.

Comment

• 1. If I eat some salty foods, I will retain pounds of water for several days...
                        2. If I exercise to the point of muscle soreness I will retain pounds of water...
                        3. If I Lose weight more than 2 -3 pounds a week, the extra is usually water...Which will come back if No. 1 or No.2 occur.

Speaking of No. 1 and No. 2, both of them affect weight as well.

Still, I weigh myself every day. Just know you haven't gained 6 lbs. of FAT in a week. Water or muscle or poo are not to be worried over.
                        Height: 5' 10"
                        Starting Weight: 292
                        Starting Primal Weight: 275
                        Current weight: 224
                        Goal weight: 172
                        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• What he said...

About this girl... is this the same girl who told your girls you were fat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                            Bull crap. I'm a celiac, and I've made bread stuffing every year since I went GF. You just get several loaves of GF bread, let it dry out until it's brittle, then use it the same way you would regular bread.

ETA: Plus I'm fairly certain that one of the local hippie-marts was carrying a GF stuffing mix last year.
                            I don't bother with GF bread. We did it one year, but the stuff is stupidly expensive, and I make a killer rice stuffing. I'm not spending $5 a loaf on bread just to make stuffing. Also, have you looked at the ingredient list on a lot of the commercial GF breads? No thanks.

If I'm going to bother, I'll buy the really good sourdough rice bread from the local artisan bakery, and I can tell you that it's far too good to waste on stuffing.
                            ďIf I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.Ē --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                              What he said...

About this girl... is this the same girl who told your girls you were fat?
                              No, that one lives across the street from our development. I have never seen her since that day.
                              Start Date 9.24.12
                              CW - 271 pounds
                              First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                                I don't bother with GF bread. We did it one year, but the stuff is stupidly expensive, and I make a killer rice stuffing. I'm not spending $5 a loaf on bread just to make stuffing. Also, have you looked at the ingredient list on a lot of the commercial GF breads? No thanks.

If I'm going to bother, I'll buy the really good sourdough rice bread from the local artisan bakery, and I can tell you that it's far too good to waste on stuffing.
                                But it can be done. And it is quite tasty.

How do you make rice stuffing?

Hubby is requesting that I make multiple batches of cornbread so he can make stuffing GF.
                                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X