I am trying the potato deal..... EAT MOAR TATERS

Yest (30): walk 12 km
    Today (31): crossfit

Comment

Originally posted by Jayner View Post
      I am trying the potato deal..... EAT MOAR TATERS

Yest (30): walk 12 km
      Today (31): crossfit
      Hmm. I guess it can't hurt you too much if you only do it for a week or so. Also, it might help you break the habit of eating bread, Kashi bars and stuff like that. If it doesn't, maybe you should try something like a Whole 30. Just a suggestion.

I also just noticed this thread by pklopp: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread68571.html
      He is a very knowledgable poster. Please give it a read before you decide to do the potato thing.
      Last edited by yodiewan; 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Yodiewan.
        I have actually been very happy with my current approach eating the occasional treat. I find in the past I have been too hard on myself and would go 2 weeks without eating a single piece of bread or treat and then I would crash. And crash hard for a day or 2 and erase all the benefit of the previous 2 weeks. With the occasional treat I am much more sane.
        The potato thing just sounds ludicrous. And easy and cheap. ha! That being said... I am a 26 yo and will be drinking on Saturday night (not excessively).... well not THAT excessively.
        I am not preaching perfection or attempting it... I am just stumbling along on my own little path

Comment

Sounds like the whole 30 might not be for you then. Keep on keepin' on and do what works for you.

Also, I actually read that thread that pklopp started about the potato diet and it really didn't contain any useful info. It was mostly just bickering. His website (potatofast.com) might offer some good insight eventually though. And his posts on intermittent fasting from a while ago are very good.

Comment

Working...
          X