No announcement yet.

PB Journal (freedom.please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was decent, had a delicious pomegranate with my dinner, a treat really.

Workout:
    a.m. 30 min lifting with some jogging to get the heart going
    p.m. 1 1/2 hour walk

I consumed a little more today than I had wished, though it was still a healthy day, and I feel comfortable and satisfied.
    I am finding that if I try to go below 100g of carbs a day I struggle with over eating, for some reason I can not feel satisfied going really low carb, a sweet potato seemed to fix this today though.

maybe not a dent in my weight loss, but at least it was a day of good nutrition and healthy movement, I should not complain too much.
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 126
    GW 120

Comment

Feeling a little down tonight, my weight is a lot higher than I would like. Over the summer I lost some weight and was at about 124. I have gained it all back, depending on how much water I am holding on to I'd say I am almost 130-131, I am not ok with this and it makes me very unhappy. I know it is more muscle than the previous time I weighed this much, but it bothers me...

Why do I care so much? I do not look terrible, though I do not look the way I would prefer. I feel ok, but sometimes it is a little more difficult to move than when I am at my lighter weight. I do not understand why I can not lose it, why can I not keep the little weight loss I achieve instead of losing it and then just slowly getting heavier than ever before.

Why does my weight upset me? Why does it occupy my mind? why do I feel like people judge me by the way I look, why do I wonder what my family thinks of me every time I see them and I am a little heavier.

I work so hard at eating good foods and getting good work outs, for what... to feel sad and fat...
      I want to be looked at the way I use to, I want to be in my body again... so easy to blow it off and say no big deal, but really, it hurts, a lot
      none of my friends or family understand that I am feeling this way, seems to make it even harder
      -Victoria Hold
      F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
      HW 134
      CW 126
      GW 120

Comment

It is ok to feel these things. For a start it shows you care and this is what should keep yougoing, not let you stop.

I would consider eating more.

Todays Meals:
        B: yoghurt
        L: salad with shaved turkey lunch meat
        D. cooked broccoli & baked chicken breast
        calorie intake ~ 1300/1400

You ate this the other day. Now it changes depending on height, weight etc etc, but I would have something like an omelette for breakie with fruit, goats cheese, some meat. + cup of lemon and honey.
        Lunch is fine but add some olive oil over the salad (each spoon full is about 100 calories of good fat). Also consider swapping the salad for sweet potato, or having it with the salad.
        Dinner id have more veggies.
        Where are the snacks? You eed to fuel that metabolism in order for it to burn red hot and burn off calories. Have tupperware with nuts in it. Cook extra chicen etc, and have it cut up to nibble on with a nice dipping sauce of your choosing.

Dont focus on the scales much. I had a client come to me after working tofether for a while and tell me she had weighted herself that morning and she was 1.2 Kg's heavier. She wasnt happy. But she also told me she had just got into a suit that morning that she hadnt worn in years and we figured out that her BMI had also gone down, and her tennis/badminton was improving and she was getting great comments from others. What she had failed to remember was that she had dropped fat and put on muscle.

Her frown soon became a smile.

Richard
        It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
          It is ok to feel these things. For a start it shows you care and this is what should keep yougoing, not let you stop.

I would consider eating more.

You ate this the other day. Now it changes depending on height, weight etc etc, but I would have something like an omelette for breakie with fruit, goats cheese, some meat. + cup of lemon and honey.
          Lunch is fine but add some olive oil over the salad (each spoon full is about 100 calories of good fat). Also consider swapping the salad for sweet potato, or having it with the salad.
          Dinner id have more veggies.
          Where are the snacks? You eed to fuel that metabolism in order for it to burn red hot and burn off calories. Have tupperware with nuts in it. Cook extra chicen etc, and have it cut up to nibble on with a nice dipping sauce of your choosing.

.... What she had failed to remember was that she had dropped fat and put on muscle.

Her frown soon became a smile.

Richard
          Thank you dearly, Richard, you have some wonderful suggestions. I agree I probably should eat a little more, my goal to lose weight causes me to think I should cut back (which in turn ends up making me eat more at other times). I seem to think if I eat less I will lose weight faster, I mean who wants to be patient and do it the right way . I love healthy foods so that is definitely not a problem. I just feel so all over the place some times.
          -- I love the idea of cooking extra chicken for snacking, I do this some times.
          -- What do you mean by a cup of lemon and honey? I really enjoy tea so maybe a cup of tea with some lemon and honey in it?
          Richard, my mind feels a little more at peace, I am not sure what you do but your clients are very lucky...

Tonight I made my family a primal meal! I am really getting into coconut, we had coconut chicken in coconut oil, I made spaghetti squash and a nice sauce to go on all of it which I made with coconut milk ( also had butter, pecans, nutmeg, parsley, basil, parmesan cheese, white wine ect.) it was good... only needed a side of broccoli or something.
          -Victoria Hold
          F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
          HW 134
          CW 126
          GW 120

Comment

We are having some AMAZING weather in Iowa right now.
            I am on Thanksgiving break this week (the joys of college) and yesterday I got to enjoy the nice weather by rollerblading with my sister over to the basket ball court and then shooting a few hoops ... not many were made. Great to be able to get out, soak up sun, get fresh air and movement. I had so much fun with my family last night. We made a nice dinner (pork chops, corn, steamed vegetables, pineapple) and before bed we found ourselves sitting around listening to music and doing a little dancing. I have an incredible family and life.

Yesterday Workout-
            A.m. 20 min. fast pace body weight exercices
            (push ups, burpees, planks, lunges, squats, dips)

This afternoon I will be going on a walk with a friend to enjoy the beautiful weather and nature
            I'd also like to get a nice jog in at some point, oh oh or maybe a game of tennis!
            -Victoria Hold
            F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
            HW 134
            CW 126
            GW 120

Comment

This is how I make BEEF JERKY folks, I dig it...

beef jerky.jpg
              -Victoria Hold
              F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
              HW 134
              CW 126
              GW 120

Comment

Yesterdays adventure... beef jerky. Todays adventure... climbing trees

Step 1 - find a tree and make a goal
                IMG_0153.jpg

Step 2 - make it happen

IMG_0154.jpgIMG_0155.jpgIMG_0158.jpgIMG_0162.jpg

Just a little fun with the nice weather over vacation.... I did not even know my sister was taking all the pic.s but it turned out kinda cool
                -Victoria Hold
                F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
                HW 134
                CW 126
                GW 120

Comment

Reconnecting with friends from the past can be really exciting

Long day at work but overall good feelings today. It is way easier for me to stay primal when I am busy because I do not have the chance to snack or think about all those foods I could be mindlessly eating in boredom. I have a good feeling about this next week, even though it will be stressful school wise I think being busy and being forced to be productive because of deadlines will be great for me.

Off to bed for an early night since I work all day again tomorrow, feels good to get some hours in though
                  -Victoria Hold
                  F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
                  HW 134
                  CW 126
                  GW 120

Comment

B- eggs and a big salad
                    L- tuna, steamed broccolie, couple beef jerky peices
                    D- big bacon wrapped sirloin, asparagus
                    Bed time snack= home work

Work out- 30 min. Jog

Anxieties- busy week with a lot of school work ahead. Finals will be here soon. It is also getting very busy at work with the holiday season

Hoping tomorrow goes as well as okay. My sister is staying with me tomorrow night and my guess is we will be getting sushi for dinner... The rice in the sushi isn't exactly what I'd want right now but there could be worse things , it's not extremely rice heavy any way...
                    -Victoria Hold
                    F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
                    HW 134
                    CW 126
                    GW 120

Comment

Jerky looks awesome! What cut of meat did you use for it? Spices?

Comment

Hey

Thanks you for your kind words. I dont see it that my clients are lucky to have me. They are fantastic people and I am privaledged to work with them. I just give them tools, ideas and suggestions (and a little pushing in the right direction), they have to walk the walk themselves.

How goes the eating more?

Richard
                        It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Jerky looks awesome! What cut of meat did you use for it? Spices?
                          Thanks
                          I used (though am looking for alternatives):
                          half teriyaki half soy sauce
                          onion powder
                          garlic powder
                          pepper
                          touch of molasses
                          touch of honey
                          Cut of meat : rump roast ( they cut it for me at the meat counter) could also use sirloin tip roast though it is more expensive. Maybe flank??

I marinate it for about 5 hours and then hang them in the oven. The oven temperature should be on as low as possible with the oven door cracked open slightly to ventilate the air. The drying process can take a long time depending on how thick your cut is. I would say average 8 to 9 hours. It turns out great every time, I am currently trying to find alternatives to using the teriyaki and soy sauce but it is pretty good

Richard - Eating more does feel better, I am always open to suggestions. I don't really care for snacking too much. Maybe once a day other wise I feel like I am just grazing all day. It is a continuing project, or so it seems, figuring out what works best for me.

Yesterday
                          b - eggs & salad
                          L- tuna & vegetables
                          D - 2 rolls of sushi (rainbow roll & spicy salmon)
                          glass of red wine

Dinner might have been a bit much for my needs, doesn't sound like a lot of food but I was very full and did not have the chance to work out yesterday so it was more than enough food

Stressful next couple days with school, and the time allotted to go out for a good jog is sadly diminishing. But over all I just keep on going!
                          -Victoria Hold
                          F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
                          HW 134
                          CW 126
                          GW 120

Comment

Ok, snacking doesnt have to happen. Even try spoonfulls of olive oil over your veggies. Each one can add about 100 calories of good fat to a meal. Eggs in the form of a frettata can be loaded up (topped) with anything to add calories, taste etc. Spread the meals out as you need to. A wee bit o grazing doesnt hurt. As you said you need to find what works then tweak and re-teak it. If you want to see what I eat (roughly - not all days are a good example) check out my log.

That climbing looked really good fun, very grokette of you.

If you cant get out for a jog, have you thought of investing in a skiping rope/ kettlebell etc?

Richard

Comment

Hey freedom

Love your nick! Got a kick out of the tree pics, love your hair. Might give your jerky recipe a go, maybe I'll love that too!

Comment

Richard, yes I have thought about purchasing a kettle bell. I realized today I am just making excuses for not getting my work outs in. A simple 20 - 30 min. out of my day would be better than nothing... I know I can find that amount of time. Mentally need to get past the excuses. Also, here at my college our wonderfully equipped rec. center is open until mid night. A work out buddy could also help (sadly I can not get my roommate to participate in any physical activity). I will have to check out your journal..

Talk is cheep, I need to follow through

Diogenes, thanks! I find climbing things amusing ... I should just go to the rec. center and partake in the rock climbing wall (its free for students!). Please do try making Jerky, let me know how it comes out.

I have bought a pull up bar and have worked my way up to 4 pull ups in a row, shooting for 5 by christmas. I like to leave the pull up bar in my door way and randomly do them as I go in and out of the room.

I really enjoy making up my own body weight routines especially when the weather is nice and I can do them in a grassy area outside... it is turning cold here though.

Self image is such a funny thing, one minute you may see yourself a particular way and the next (maybe in a different context) you see yourself differently. I think for many of us working out and feeling strong gives us strength in other areas of our life. I would love to learn how to have a stable self image. I also think it is important to get past instant gratification and work towards a bigger goal, rather than just satisfying what I want right in the moment.... just some things I think about and want to work on.

Eating
                                -today was not primal, don't care to share (aka - chocolate & ice cream day oops)
                                -Victoria Hold
                                F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
                                HW 134
                                CW 126
                                GW 120

Comment

Working...
                                X