No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evening all - That darling wife of yours propbably wouldn't kill a fly !!!!!! let alone a possum !!!!!!! They are pesky little creatures, however I have a queensize possum rug, and it would have to be the warmest fur ever !!!!!!
    Would anyone (preferably you boyz) like to see my possum ????????

and sorry Cori - but custard ????? eeeeewww yuk !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      evening all - That darling wife of yours propbably wouldn't kill a fly !!!!!! let alone a possum !!!!!!! They are pesky little creatures, however I have a queensize possum rug, and it would have to be the warmest fur ever !!!!!!
      Would anyone (preferably you boyz) like to see my possum ????????

and sorry Cori - but custard ????? eeeeewww yuk !!!!!!!!!
      ehhh.... she's a registered nurse, and was a military nurse when I met her (my boss for a short time actually).... she told me she wants a refresher on the semi-auto pistol I carry.... so, I'm not so sure about the "not killing a fly" thing.... I've seen her with a knife.. I'm scared when she wields a knife!

I love wildlife pictures!
      Last edited by ssn679doc; 05-07-2013, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• What's wrong with frozen custard?

Most (I should say lots of) ice cream bases are custard base!

It's like ice cream but richer and yummier. The yolks give incredible mouthfeel over just frozen milk/cream with no thickening.

Oh, and mass produced ice creams that no longer use eggs as thickener... have substituted things like gums... guar gum and stuff mostly because it's cheaper and allows them to skip the complicated cooking step.

Real custard bases are still richer in flavor and mouthfeel.
        Last edited by cori93437; 05-07-2013, 12:15 AM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Cori darling girl - and I have seen your piccy - you really are a darling girl................ BUT - we is gonna have to differ on that custard shit !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Cori darling girl - and I have seen your piccy - you really are a darling girl................ BUT - we is gonna have to differ on that custard shit !!!!!!!!
            lol.... Gwamma's got a potty mouth!

Comment

• ROFL...
              Frozen cream only for Gwamma!!!!!

I know how to make that too.
              It's brilliant for fruits!
              I'd even pull one of my tricks and slip some Crema into it for you and make you have a bliss attack.

But you can't ask plain frozen cream to carry complex flavors... it lacks the same fortitude.
              Last edited by cori93437; 05-07-2013, 12:19 AM.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                ROFL...
                Frozen cream only for Gwamma!!!!!

I know how to make that too.
                It's brilliant for fruits!
                I'd even pull one of my tricks and slip some Creama into it for you and make you have a bliss attack.

But you can't ask plain frozen cream to carry complex flavors... it lacks the same fortitude.
                fortitude=body? Who doesn't love body!

Comment

• please remind me - ROFL ???????????????

and I love frozen cream !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• custard is also just creme brulee in disguise. i cant do the custard powder and milk custard but the real stuff Cori speaks of is a totally different matter altogether. in fact i was just wandering aimlessly around the kitchen eyeballing the bourbon dreaming of that very custard recipe minus the bacon. even tho i do have some laguishing in the fridge. in fact, i almost have everything to make it minus the maple syrup. we do have honey however.

Comment

please remind me - ROFL ???????????????

Roll On Floor Laughing

ROFLMFAO.... Roll On Floor Laughing My Fat Ass Off

Comment

• pssst!!!!! I dont think the F stands for fat doc!!

Comment

please remind me - ROFL ???????????????

I about fell out of my chair at your potty mouth enthusiasm against my frozen custard endeavors.
                          Spicey dark chocolate for instance... NEEDS the custard base.

Lighter flavors can go in frozen cream, like lemongrass and ginger... but plain cream is plain. IMO it needs to be kicked. And Mexican Crema is good for that.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            custard is also just creme brulee in disguise. i cant do the custard powder and milk custard but the real stuff Cori speaks of is a totally different matter altogether. in fact i was just wandering aimlessly around the kitchen eyeballing the bourbon dreaming of that very custard recipe minus the bacon. even tho i do have some laguishing in the fridge. in fact, i almost have everything to make it minus the maple syrup. we do have honey however.
                            Wing it!
                            That's what I do...
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                              pssst!!!!! I dont think the F stands for fat doc!!
                              maybe... but I can't post that OTHER word.....

Comment

• LMAO i have had enough to eat today but i could so get into it if i hadnt had dinner. and i've been poor long enough to be able to wing it. it's called the permaculture art of cookery. you use what you have. screw following the recipe!

Comment

Working...
                                X