Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Doc, have you thought about borrowing it back, that sounds good and what are you doing with an unopened bottle of mead?!

Sea, I'm with you on the wine, don't mind Spanish or Chilean wines, but I wouldn't put French vino on me chips (fries)!

Cori, that sounds remarkable, how did you work that out?.
    The mead I made was an experiment... I made about 3 gallons and it took me nearly 2 years to drink it.... and a good bit of it turned to "vinegar" before it was consumed. The unopened bottls were a chirstmas present last year-ish.

I'm an ale man, and one of my faves is Bass... it makes, to my tastes anyway, and darn tasty black and tan....

Comment

• If you blenderize it with maple syrup and vanilla bean frozen custard cream then add in bacon crumbles...
      i was with you till the bacon crumbles. i so dont get the thing with bacon everyone has. i do have jewish blood but i cant really blame that. i reckon dark chocolate would have been way better myself. or raspberries!!!

Comment

• I made a really rich ice cream custard with vanilla bean, egg yolks, cream, and some maple syrup and bourbon for good measure. Froze it in the churn. Froze it solid in the freezer.
        Then put some in the food processor and pulsed it with some more maple syrup and bourbon to loosen it up before serving...
        Stirred in the bacon crumbles!

I think it would be nice with the addition of some toasted pecans too. Maple, bourbon, bacon, and that toasty nut thing.

The bacon gives it a salty edge... I like that.
        It's like the sweet/salty thing with salted caramel. Which I also love.
        Bacon is also good with chocolate!
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• i never like bacon with chocolate. i did try. i can do salted caramels. toasted pecans i reckon would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            I made a really rich ice cream custard with vanilla bean, egg yolks, cream, and some maple syrup and bourbon for good measure. Froze it in the churn. Froze it solid in the freezer.
            Then put some in the food processor and pulsed it with some more maple syrup and bourbon to loosen it up before serving...
            Stirred in the bacon crumbles!

I think it would be nice with the addition of some toasted pecans too. Maple, bourbon, bacon, and that toasty nut thing.

The bacon gives it a salty edge... I like that.
            It's like the sweet/salty thing with salted caramel. Which I also love.
            Bacon is also good with chocolate!
            Bacon makes just about everything better.....

Comment

• No.
              Raspberries would not have gone with the maple/bourbon... trust me.
              Ugh.
              That would have been a taste nightmare.

Toasted nuts, chocolate, toffee bits...

But I really do like the salt on desserts thing. And bacon adds a bit of something extra that is not just "salt".
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• i will fall back on my jewish blood then. kinda why i love chicken livers for no apparent reason. it may also be cultural as american cuisine is different to ours. i'd be fine with the pecans and you can have my bacon!

Comment

• Maybe next time I'll feel fruity and do a Midori/Kiwi/lime "blizzard"... Ohh, with a touch of mint even.
                  ... that's a couple of weeks away I suppose, but it seems viable.
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    The mead I made was an experiment... I made about 3 gallons and it took me nearly 2 years to drink it.... and a good bit of it turned to "vinegar" before it was consumed. The unopened bottls were a chirstmas present last year-ish.

I'm an ale man, and one of my faves is Bass... it makes, to my tastes anyway, and darn tasty black and tan....
                    3 gallons, jesus, I can see why it took you that long to get through it, good man!

Bass was my fathers favourite beverage, it used to do strange things to him, he used to like a B&T as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                      i will fall back on my jewish blood then. kinda why i love chicken livers for no apparent reason. it may also be cultural as american cuisine is different to ours. i'd be fine with the pecans and you can have my bacon!
                      I love chicken livers too!
                      Sauteed in bacon fat...
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        i will fall back on my jewish blood then. kinda why i love chicken livers for no apparent reason. it may also be cultural as american cuisine is different to ours. i'd be fine with the pecans and you can have my bacon!
                        I think you have a point in the cuisine aspect. bacon is huge in american cuisine... and not all bacon is the sae. Thestuff I make is entirely different than the industrial bacon industry product. My bacon is made the old fashioned way.... salt dry rubbed and the slab refrigreated, and smoked with hickory. then the slab is cut in to @ 1 lb pieces.

Comment

• Thanks Cori, I thinks I haves to get me some syrup, I take it all measurements are guesstimated!

+1 for the chicken livers as well!
                          Last edited by Dhansakdave; 05-06-2013, 02:31 AM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

• That's the stuff... only I pay dearly for it(sometimes) *and cast voodoo spells hoping for sales/end cuts for cheaper prices* from an independent butcher.

I'm VERY nice/dedicated to my butcher BTW... and it really does save me money.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Thanks Cori, I thinks I haves to get me some syrup, I take it all measurements are guesstimated!

+1 for the chicken livers as well!
                              I googled some ice cream custard recipes and made a few adjustments. More cream, less milk. Maple syrup and bourbon additions... so reduced some sugar.
                              I tend to wing it.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                                I googled some ice cream custard recipes and made a few adjustments. More cream, less milk. Maple syrup and bourbon additions... so reduced some sugar.
                                I tend to wing it.
                                Sounds good to me, adjust to taste, so to speak.

I'm with you on the butcher as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X