No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was what i meant. ugh!!! but i think from memory it was 8% or so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      There ain't nothing 'special' about it!!
      After a bit of time at sea, the only thing special we were interested in was (a) wet (b) cool/cold (c) intoxicating. It met all of the rquirements.... OK (b) was optional....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Silly story. I once had someone tell me that I wasn't a real tequila drinker because I drink silver. He then proceeded to order himself a shot of Jose Cuervo "Gold." Now I was raised to tread lightly on a man's ego, but I just couldn't let that slide. I made some smartass comment about the fact that at least the "not real" tequila I drank was 100% agave and not some silly colored mixed alcohol sludge sold to the same crowd that drinks Budweiser. Oddly enough, there was no second date. hah!

I like Herradura, but at less than half the price, Lunazul doesn't taste that different to me. Could be my taste buds are fried. After the first four shots, it doesn't much matter anyway.
        That's what I'm talking about!

I once had a similar conversation with a guy... who tried to be all swank and impress me with his bottle of Maker's Mark.
        Umm, NO!
        I told him not only was I not interested in drinking it, I wouldn't even use it to "bourbon" up my grandmother's pecan pie recipe.

Top shelf my ass.
        I'm a southern girl, and I love my bourbon.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          That's what I'm talking about!

I once had a similar conversation with a guy... who tried to be all swank and impress me with his bottle of Maker's Mark.
          Umm, NO!
          I told him not only was I not interested in drinking it, I wouldn't even use it to "bourbon" up my grandmother's pecan pie recipe.

Top shelf my ass.
          I'm a southern girl, and I love my bourbon.
          What would be a good bourbon? Please don't say Wild Turkey! ohgodno! lol

Comment

• I once had a similar conversation with a guy... who tried to be all swank and impress me with his bottle of Maker's Mark.
            LOL the guys once drunk a bottle of maker's mark and almost started a bush fire when we were out hunting. it was an epic weekend. they sunk the boat too. i was, of course, sleeping in the tent the whole time!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              +1 on that. The only hangover I can remember in years was the day after drinking cheap gin. Ogod that was awful. Never again. If I have to go cheap, I'll stick to vodka because for some reason cheap vodka doesn't hurt the day after.
              When I was a cheap drunk (read: youth and the military years) cheap vodka was indeed my juice of choice.
              It's clean, it's cheap, it's pretty painless.

I didn't drink gin for YEARS after a bad night with a cheap fifth... yeah, I drank pretty much the whole fifth straight up neat. I was 16. Bad idea...
              Now I at least find Hendrick's nice.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• HOLYCRAP The Kickin Chicken makes the list of America's top 10 bourbons! lol
                Whiskey business: America's top 10 bourbons | Fox News

Comment

• Uggghhhh. Vodka. At 17 I downed a bottle (having a drinking contest with a Scottish lassie - what a fool I was) straight. Classy, huh? I remember the wallpaper slowly became the ceiling as I passed out. Several hours later, being propped up by two friends, I came to on the cliff path to hear someone say: she's walking quite well now. Apparently I'd spent the intervening time passed out in a car park. Slept it off in a beach hut, putting my hands and face in my mate's boyfriend's crotch 'for warmth' (oh, the shame). Ran home (back up the slipway - so up a cliff) and ended up shaking and puking the rest of the day.

Words of wisdom from my father: alcohol is a poison; you have poisoned your body. (Delivered in bell-tolling tones.)

Never, ever drank vodka straight again.
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    What would be a good bourbon? Please don't say Wild Turkey! ohgodno! lol
                    A good starter bourbon...
                    Elijah Craig 12yr.
                    Ridgemont Reserve 1792. (I always have this in the house... I rotate others)
                    Buffalo Trace.
                    Woodford Reserve.
                    Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel

For a splurge... Eagle Rare 17 yr. It's a little pricey at about $75 a bottle, but YUM.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

HOLYCRAP The Kickin Chicken makes the list of America's top 10 bourbons! lol
                      Whiskey business: America's top 10 bourbons | Fox News
                      Yeah, that is not the same as their usual mass market cheap offering... trust me.
                      Single barrels are a whole other world.

GODssss, I wish I could get my hands on a bottle of Pappy van Winkle... but I've read some reviews of other covetors who did and then found it did not live up to the expectation.
                      Last edited by cori93437; 04-26-2013, 02:11 AM.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        Yeah, that is not the same as their usual mass market cheap offering... trust me.
                        lol... I remember drinking their "normal" offering once.... only once... it was like drinking jet fuel... or turpentine.. pretty harsh stuff!

Comment

am gnawing on the bone
                          Yep - thats what Gwamma might head off to do..................
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• My "lesson" came fro a bottle of blueberry liquor at age 15. It was a litre shared between my bestie and I. We drank it in the woods near our favorite pizza place. Yup. we had pizza after...
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                              Yep - thats what Gwamma might head off to do..................
                              lol.... careful with the teeth there Gwamma!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                My "lesson" came fro a bottle of blueberry liquor at age 15. It was a litre shared between my bestie and I. We drank it in the woods near our favorite pizza place. Yup. we had pizza after...
                                mmmm that sounds appetizing!

Comment

Working...
                                X