Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    The only dark rum I have ever tried was Meyers... just because it was one I was familiar with. I may has to try the wee beastie Kracken....
    Trust me... My husband used to not like spiced rum due to only being exposed to CM.
    He now insists on keeping the Kracken in the house at all times, in the BIG bottle.

    I like my liquor, but I'm picky and it must be good liquor.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

    Comment


    • OMG i saw some kraken on the bottle shop today. i am not a big rum drinker as that coruba stuff everyone tries to give me is way too sweet. i do like stolen rum and i dont mean tea leafed rum, i mean the brand stolen. their golden rum is 40% alcohol and i can drink it neat. dont do beer coz of the gluten and it tastes like ass shhh ok i drink speights if it is given to me. usually in a coffee mug or out of the bottle. and i suffer for a few days after.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Trust me... My husband used to not like spiced rum due to only being exposed to CM.
        He now insists on keeping the Kracken in the house at all times, in the BIG bottle.

        I like my liquor, but I'm picky and it must be good liquor.
        I shall trust your judgement in this.... and go purchase a bottle of Kracken... funny commercials they run.. haven;t seen them in a while though, then again it Isn't football season either! lol

        Comment


        • I like my liquor, but I'm picky and it must be good liquor
          i lecture the kids about not lowering the bar lots. decent alcohol is one of the things i dont negociate either!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            i lecture the kids about not lowering the bar lots. decent alcohol is one of the things i dont negociate either!!!
            Ya gotta have standards!

            Comment


            • G, I could never do such a thing, being a gentleman, don't cha know, spell it how you like, me dear, I've been called worse!!

              Doc, yeah Pusser's is a lively little number, you need a fire engine with that one, as it burns, we got Lambs navy rum, as well, but that tastes like grog to me, or maybe turps is nearer! And there's no way I could be of 4 by 2ish persuasion either!

              Comment


              • No, I don't like sweet rums.

                Kracken is not sweet. It's dark and mildly spiced. Dark should mean complex flavor not sweet... some companies cheat and sweeten with molasses/caramel color and it's not real dark rum.
                Gosling's Black Seal is another that is lovely and complex flavored... not sweet at all. It surprises everyone I give it to. It's so dark they expect sweet, but it isn't at all.

                10 Cane is my favorite clear rum to drink mixed or neat. It isn't rough at all, and still retains a good bit of the natural cane juice flavors in a pleasant way. Not a generic high production neutral white with zero character.

                And... "too naughty" for this journal.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                Comment


                • i've never been a rum drinker so it is poss that things like coruba are the equivalent of cheap whiskies. i think the phrase is made with tap water from glasgow? coruba def tastes like someone has put loads of sugar in it and i have drunk a few mugs of it neat in my time as there has been nothing else about.

                  Ya gotta have standards!
                  it runs deeper than that. you need to have things that just dont even register as an option. very hard to explain.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    it runs deeper than that. you need to have things that just dont even register as an option. very hard to explain.
                    I totally get it... if a beer brand is available in a can it's automatically not even something I'd drink if it were free.
                    Yep... I'm a snob. I own that.

                    And I'm perfectly willing to tell people that they Patron they are drinking is mediocre grade swill pawned off on them for extra cash through a snazzy ad campaign. Better tequila is available for less money, MUCH better tequila is available for equivalent money... but douche bags like Pit Bull or whoever don't hold the bottle on TV.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      I totally get it... if a beer brand is available in a can it's automatically not even something I'd drink if it were free.
                      Yep... I'm a snob. I own that.

                      And I'm perfectly willing to tell people that they Patron they are drinking is mediocre grade swill pawned off on them for extra cash through a snazzy ad campaign. Better tequila is available for less money, MUCH better tequila is available for equivalent money... but douche bags like Pit Bull or whoever don't hold the bottle on TV.
                      I don't "normally" drink beer fro a can. The only time I do, which is exceedingly rare, is when I a drinking for effect. And thats because I am a cheap a$$. I'd rather get hammered on 50 cent a can beer than on 6 bucks a bottle beer. RARELY do I do that.... I don't remember the last time I did, no pun intended.

                      Are you saying Pepe Lopez ISN"T good tequila????

                      Comment


                      • Just finished my "lunch" and am gnawing on the bone from the pork butt steak.... grrrrrr I'm feelling primal! lol

                        Comment


                        • The only thing I drink out of can is a local cider called 'Natch', which is an abreviated form of the original name of natural dry cider, sometimes called the 5 letters of death, or trampagne! Just for the same effect as the Doc, it's cheap!

                          Eat the bone, an all!

                          Comment


                          • Ladies and gents,
                            I'm a cheap alcohol drinker, with expensive tastes when I can afford them. I like good tequila (there's a great Mexican place, Pacifico, round the back of Covent Garden); decent French wine (Chateauneuf, for preference, though I'll settle for a Gigondas); I like lovely, hoppy bitters and craft brews...gins. I love a good gin. Haven't quite grown up enough to appreciate single malts, but if I had enough money I'd probably be working on it. The first real drink I ever tasted was a whiskey mac - aged ten or thereabouts (me, not the whiskey).
                            Last edited by badgergirl; 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM.
                            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              The only thing I drink out of can is a local cider called 'Natch', which is an abreviated form of the original name of natural dry cider, sometimes called the 5 letters of death, or trampagne! Just for the same effect as the Doc, it's cheap!

                              Eat the bone, an all!
                              I do believe the worst headache I ever got from drink was from a night on the town in Scotland many moons ago, and I can't remember the name of the swill we were drinking. Canned, of course.... and hell on the head! ooohhh noooow I remember... Tennents Lager.... ohgodneveragain!

                              Comment


                              • I'm a super cheap drunk, even drinking the expensive stuff... so it all works out!
                                A couple of rockets of ale or stout, or good porter and I'm near shitty.
                                Though I tend to drink more hard ciders these days when I indulge... Samuel Smiths... MMMMMM.
                                Only really farking decent cider we can get in the states.

                                Gnawing is super primal!
                                Night before last night I gnawed the rare bone from a giant ass porterhouse husband and I shared...
                                I did not give him the option to gnaw. It was MINE!!!
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X