Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Sorry if you are offended by my attitude.....
    I suppose Doc - we do what we feel is right at the time. We have had some nasty dog attacks in NZ, and often after the fact we hear that the dog has maimed, killed or dismembered sheep, chickens, lambs etc.... before it has attacked the child. I really hope that the Grandbabies don't collect the eggs without Grandad.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      I suppose Doc - we do what we feel is right at the time. We have had some nasty dog attacks in NZ, and often after the fact we hear that the dog has maimed, killed or dismembered sheep, chickens, lambs etc.... before it has attacked the child. I really hope that the Grandbabies don't collect the eggs without Grandad.
      NO, they do not.... mostly because they are too young and would break more eggs than they brought back whole.....

Comment

• the only time i have heard of a german shepherd attacking anyone other than the standard police dog type carryings on, was someone's german shepherd nailed a kid in a batman suit with big ears. it wasnt nasty but could have been. they reckoned the dog took the ears as a threat. and from having observed my neighbour's shepherd when i have been walking it, the ears are definitely very expressive and she uses them alot. as a breed they prob bark more than bite. the grand babes prob also dont need the trauma of gramps blowing away a dog with a handgun at close range. it is seriously not pretty.

Comment

• I ordered You Are Your Own Gym, and it came in this weekend. Wifey got her mits on it and read it before I had the opportunity... then she had the audacity to mark up the exercises SHE liked... in MY book! lol

I read it last night... holycrap.... that guy is one sadistic SOB! Some of those exercises are nigh impossible (for my weak, fat self)!!!

Comment

• so how did wifey's exercises compare to what you could do? we also never found out which is his hardest bending exercise in YAYOG. does he has a progression after one legged warriors with a weight? if he does it that is. maybe you should buy wifey BBY?!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              the only time i have heard of a german shepherd attacking anyone other than the standard police dog type carryings on, was someone's german shepherd nailed a kid in a batman suit with big ears. it wasnt nasty but could have been. they reckoned the dog took the ears as a threat. and from having observed my neighbour's shepherd when i have been walking it, the ears are definitely very expressive and she uses them alot. as a breed they prob bark more than bite. the grand babes prob also dont need the trauma of gramps blowing away a dog with a handgun at close range. it is seriously not pretty.
              Tiz true... however, my guess is the trauma of seeing a dog get shot pales in comparisson to the trauma of being mauled.... and I'm pretty protective of my family.... My Irish gets up pretty fast in that area...

Comment

so how did wifey's exercises compare to what you could do? we also never found out which is his hardest bending exercise in YAYOG. does he has a progression after one legged warriors with a weight? if he does it that is. maybe you should buy wifey BBY?!!
                Yes, I probably should buy her BBY... Wifey has had rotator cuff and carpal tunnel surgeries over the last several years, so her strength is somewhat diminished. She had some significant heath issues a little over a year ago that left her very weak. Her shoulder and wrist problems make it difficult for her to lift her stand mixer (which she uses all the frikin time!) or 5 gallon water jug etc.

Comment

• i am 1/4 irish and we also have dubious latin blood so it pays not to piss me off either on the family front. i have seen a dog shot at close range and it is ugly. i doubt a shepherd would maul your grand baby. it would prob just grab the chicken and run. as i said before, it was just being a dog. it is not its fault the owner sucks. problem avoidance in these situations is so much wiser than getting all stressed out.

Comment

• Yes, I probably should buy her BBY... Wifey has had rotator cuff and carpal tunnel surgeries over the last several years, so her strength is somewhat diminished. She had some significant heath issues a little over a year ago that left her very weak. Her shoulder and wrist problems make it difficult for her to lift her stand mixer (which she uses all the frikin time!) or 5 gallon water jug etc.
                    i had dog induced rotator cuff issues. i got some clubbells to fix it as i figured i have to make it stronger to prevent it happening again.

Comment

i am 1/4 irish and we also have dubious latin blood so it pays not to piss me off either on the family front. i have seen a dog shot at close range and it is ugly. i doubt a shepherd would maul your grand baby. it would prob just grab the chicken and run. as i said before, it was just being a dog. it is not its fault the owner sucks. problem avoidance in these situations is so much wiser than getting all stressed out.
                      I do believe I have made the comment that I wouldn't want to see you pissed, as in angry. Now I know I was right.... and why! lol
                      Yes, avoiding a problem is in the first place is best.

Comment

i had dog induced rotator cuff issues. i got some clubbells to fix it as i figured i have to make it stronger to prevent it happening again.
                        Hopefully she can use the YAYOG to help with her shoulder issues.

Comment

• do believe I have made the comment that I wouldn't want to see you pissed, as in angry. Now I know I was right.... and why! lol
                          trust me i am usually an absolute diplomat.

Hopefully she can use the YAYOG to help with her shoulder issues.
                          i do love my clubbells but i would look into them as well. they have helped me lots.

Comment

trust me i am usually an absolute diplomat.

i do love my clubbells but i would look into them as well. they have helped me lots.
                            yes... but even diplomats have their breaking point......

clubbells are not very popular here, not sure why, but it ay be something to look in to...

Comment

so how did wifey's exercises compare to what you could do? we also never found out which is his hardest bending exercise in YAYOG. does he has a progression after one legged warriors with a weight? if he does it that is. maybe you should buy wifey BBY?!!
                              Hiya

Sorry about not getting back earlier Sea, I would say OLRDL stood on a cushion is the hardest in YAYOG, the OLW is harder, I'm thinking of trying some, just to see what there like!

Bugger about the chooks Doc, me thinks it ain't going to be a happy ending, however it concludes.

Oh, I done n=1 kettlebell swing test on Friday after the talk a few pages back, to see how long I could do them non-stop before getting jarred off, five minutes was my limit, I was blowing like enthusiastic adult film actress by then mind! (Not that I watch that type of celluloid mind!)

Cheers

Comment

• In our country it is legal to carry a weapon freely on your own property(except in those cities where prohibited by local statute).
                                It is also legal to shoot any roaming dog that is harming/killing your livestock on sight in most rural places in our country.

People that live out in the country here know this and let their animals roam anyway...
                                It's a bit like people who let their dogs roam day after day near busy streets and then blames the driver of the car that hits the dog when it goes in the road.
                                No.

You need to be much less close to shoot a dog coming in to kill your livestock than you do to catch one and read the tags(though 99% of these rural dogs don't even have those anyway).
                                Many dogs will run from strangers, making the later damn near impossible.
                                Also, as far as pistols and shooting distance/accuracy... the right pistol in the right hands. Do you want to make some bets?
                                They can be quite accurate if you know what you are doing. Do you shoot or have experience with handguns?
                                I have a lady friend who shot a smiley face at her last qualifier(she is a deputy sheriff who works with my husband) for shits and giggles.
                                (Much to the chagrin of many men present.)
                                It makes my husband feel better that she doesn't fare as well during shotgun qualifiers ... even he ends up with a purple shoulder during that mess though. 2 entire days of shooting 12 gauge 3in mags for hours on end. Bleh...
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X