No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL i can email you my pirate copy of enter kettlebell as well if you want. you will poss use it more than me. you dont you-tube but we found a you-tube of the YAYOG guy bar hopping. OMG he literally bounces from the floor to bar height without even looking like he is trying. the kids were entranced. in my BBY book he has a whole stack of progressions which i like. i havent seen YAYOG so it will be interesting to hear what you think of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      LOL i can email you my pirate copy of enter kettlebell as well if you want. you will poss use it more than me. you dont you-tube but we found a you-tube of the YAYOG guy bar hopping. OMG he literally bounces from the floor to bar height without even looking like he is trying. the kids were entranced. in my BBY book he has a whole stack of progressions which i like. i havent seen YAYOG so it will be interesting to hear what you think of it.
      I have Enter the Kettlebell... thats where I "learned" to do swing..... but haven't mastered the get up. Thursday will be another swing and get up day so I will work on my technique

Comment

• i have found it is actually worth you-tubing to find someone talking about it. you can copy off watching but you dont get which muscles you are supposed to be using and all that shoulder stuff can be quite tricky. good example. clubbell shoulder cast. if you do it wrong, it is an arm cast. unless you hear someone talking about it, it is easy to do, as the nuances are subtle. it is all with the lats and you need to do the cast like you are standing between 2 sheets of glass. the mind boggles at how much damage i would have done if i really were LOL i do learn better myself from seeing actual moving visuals and listening so that is MHO on the matter.

Comment

i have found it is actually worth you-tubing to find someone talking about it. you can copy off watching but you dont get which muscles you are supposed to be using and all that shoulder stuff can be quite tricky. good example. clubbell shoulder cast. if you do it wrong, it is an arm cast. unless you hear someone talking about it, it is easy to do, as the nuances are subtle. it is all with the lats and you need to do the cast like you are standing between 2 sheets of glass. the mind boggles at how much damage i would have done if i really were LOL i do learn better myself from seeing actual moving visuals and listening so that is MHO on the matter.
          I have been looking at some of the videos on swings and get up for the last 2 days, which is how I figured out that my getup for was hosed.... having watched the video I now have a better idea of what a get up looks like. Thanks for the video tip.

Comment

• thursday is tomorrow for you? such a bizzare concept. i had to change my next official gym day to next tuesday as we have anzac day next thursday which is a public hol. i usually drag the kids out of bed at 5am to go watch the dawn parade. and i need to find a decent GF anzac cookie recipe for them.

Comment

• Hi all

I've got YAYOG and it's a bit lively, the progressions are quite good, it's tough though, he does recommend you to experiment with making your own programme as well.

In the book there's a photo of him jumping onto a park table on one leg, the mans a freak, a strong one though!

Seaweed, I was going to reply in the thread you started about BBY, I've not seen it, so I can't really say what the programmes like, but with YAYOG you progress to the next level when you feel comfortable of being able to make the jump.

And Enter the Kettlebell is mint, I've also purchased 'The Ultimate Kettlebell Workout' by Dave Randolph, which I'm thinking of doing a bout of.

Cheers
              Last edited by Dhansakdave; 04-18-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• He does recommend you progress to YAYOG once you can do all of BBY. what is the most difficult bending exercise in YAYOG btw? he doesnt look like a freak which is the bit i like. he just looks like a normal guy you could see in a gym.

Comment

thursday is tomorrow for you? such a bizzare concept. i had to change my next official gym day to next tuesday as we have anzac day next thursday which is a public hol. i usually drag the kids out of bed at 5am to go watch the dawn parade. and i need to find a decent GF anzac cookie recipe for them.
                  ANZAC, as in soldiers in World War 1 and World War 2? battle of Galipoli, DDay, Island hopping campaign of World War 2 etc? ANZAC day is a memorial day for your war dead, similar to Memorial Day here in the US?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    ANZAC, as in soldiers in World War 1 and World War 2? battle of Galipoli, DDay, Island hopping campaign of World War 2 etc? ANZAC day is a memorial day for your war dead, similar to Memorial Day here in the US?
                    Yes. Can't speak for NZ, but here it's a bigger deal than Remembrance Sunday (which would be the UK version). The ANZAC Day tradition | Australian War Memorial

It's hugely important, although I suppose Australia Day is gaining ground.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• yes that is correct. i think it is important to remember them myself and i am a pacifist. what they did was huge.

Comment

• yes, it is important to remember them.

Comment

He does recommend you progress to YAYOG once you can do all of BBY. what is the most difficult bending exercise in YAYOG btw? he doesnt look like a freak which is the bit i like. he just looks like a normal guy you could see in a gym.
                          For me it's (I think) the one called 'beat your boots', which is when you bend at the waist, grab your ankles then squat down until your bum touches your heels, whilst still holding you ankles, but thats probably because my hip flexors are toilet!

It doesn't really go into bendng excercises that much to be honest, which I why I bought a book on Yoga to try and improve my rapidly stiffening joints!

And I agree, I don't want to be a gigazmatron, just strong, fit and generally uptogether for me age.

Cheers

Comment

• yes, it is important to remember them.
                            some of the whanau were on the wrong side as well. but still. i try not to cry when they do the last parade or whatever it is and lower the flag and i never cry.

By bending D, i mean the ones which start with the simplest one being the good morning?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              yes, it is important to remember them.
                              From where ever there from, they gave more than I ever can.

Comment

• yes and i doubt you would find many men up to doing what they did now.

Comment

Working...
                                X