No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20lbs is just over 9kgs i think? i could def swing one of them as we have 10kg ones at the gym i have tried but i would die of boredom way before the 12 mins were up. or get some kind of repetitive strain injury on my shoulders.

Comment

• you are one sick puppy!
      hell no! i just like certain types of pain. it's way more fun than swinging a KB!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
        i just like certain types of pain.
        Why am I not surprised! lol

Comment

20lbs is just over 9kgs i think? i could def swing one of them as we have 10kg ones at the gym i have tried but i would die of boredom way before the 12 mins were up. or get some kind of repetitive strain injury on my shoulders.
          yes just over 9 kg. I think you ay be right about the boring factor, which is why I am going to break it up to 3 sets of up to 4 minutes.... even that will seem an eternity. The 20 swings I did were in the 1 minute range...

Comment

• Thanks Gwamma, it's used to be my favourite curry, before I turned from the darkside and saw the light!

And you're right Doc, 12 minutes of that nonesense is hard core, I try and get about 7 to 8 minutes of swings in the 12 minutes, try and do the 200 snatches in 10 minutes, that gets the old jam tart going, easier to collect eggs I canl tell ee!!

Keep your chin up old boy, nights are a bummer, glad I don't do um anymore, at least you got this lack of seriousness to keep you going?!

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Thanks Gwamma, it's used to be my favourite curry, before I turned from the darkside and saw the light!

And you're right Doc, 12 minutes of that nonesense is hard core, I try and get about 7 to 8 minutes of swings in the 12 minutes, try and do the 200 snatches in 10 minutes, that gets the old jam tart going, easier to collect eggs I canl tell ee!!

Keep your chin up old boy, nights are a bummer, glad I don't do um anymore, at least you got this lack of seriousness to keep you going?!

Cheers
              there is no lie there... I have a serious lack of seriousness going on!

I think I will start practicing doing snatches and presses next month.... I want to try and get at least a month of base conditioning in before I start to work on those.

Comment

• yes just over 9 kg. I think you ay be right about the boring factor, which is why I am going to break it up to 3 sets of up to 4 minutes.... even that will seem an eternity. The 20 swings I did were in the 1 minute range...
                not wanting to suggest the obvious but is there anything else you can do instead? i did see a good you-tube on clubbelling where they did sprint tabatas interspersed with flag presses. so you did a sprint to and from something and then 1 minute of flag presses. sprint back and forth again and more flag presses. i have serious ADD so no way no how would i be doing 12 mins of swings even if i am physically capable of doing it. note how i studiously ignored the smart remark about my masochistic tendencies i am way way too defiant to be that good at masochism, but show me the silk ropes and i may just pretend for a while!

Comment

but show me the silk ropes and i may just pretend for a while!
                  hmmmm the thoughts that run through my head...... lol
                  Last edited by ssn679doc; 04-12-2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• i wont encourage you by discussing my love of leather belts either LOL have you tried you-tubing cool KB workouts? i have found some unreal clubbell stuff on you-tube. i particularly like the ones where they explain the biomechanical angle. i am really enjoying my bodyweight workout stuff. and i did 2 chinups in a row on the side of the soccer goal in the paddock near where i get the kids from school today.

Comment

i wont encourage you by discussing my love of leather belts either LOL have you tried you-tubing cool KB workouts? i have found some unreal clubbell stuff on you-tube. i particularly like the ones where they explain the biomechanical angle. i am really enjoying my bodyweight workout stuff. and i did 2 chinups in a row on the side of the soccer goal in the paddock near where i get the kids from school today.
                      I don't need ALOT of encoragement... I'm pretty incorrigable all on my own...

my internet data transfer "allotment" is pretty narrow, so I don't do alot of video since it eats up alot of bytes, no pun intended... if I had an "unlimited data plan" I would do alot of you-tube surfing.

Congrats on the pull-ups!

Comment

• I'm pretty incorrigable all on my own...
                        i am always the picture of saintly behaviour myself. do you have one or two KBs?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          there is no lie there... I have a serious lack of seriousness going on!

I think I will start practicing doing snatches and presses next month.... I want to try and get at least a month of base conditioning in before I start to work on those.
                          hang on Doc - did you not tell me that you snatched and grabbed - last birthday ???????
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• i googled the flag press clubbell tabatas and i am sure you could do them with KB swings or snatches. what you do is mark a spot. jog out for 10 secs. mark that. then set the timer for 20 secs. sprint from the 10 sec spot you marked to the start and flagpress till the 20 sec timer goes. then lightly jog back to the 10 sec mark. and repeat the sprint,press etc for a total of 4 mins. i guess you could do it all for 12 mins but it would be way more exciting than just doing swings and prob achieve more.

Comment

i am always the picture of saintly behaviour myself. do you have one or two KBs?
                              I am convinced this is true....

Just on kb at present. I may be getting an 11kg kb.... then going to a 16kg.. we shall see what happens after I get to the 16kg proficiency

Comment

i googled the flag press clubbell tabatas and i am sure you could do them with KB swings or snatches. what you do is mark a spot. jog out for 10 secs. mark that. then set the timer for 20 secs. sprint from the 10 sec spot you marked to the start and flagpress till the 20 sec timer goes. then lightly jog back to the 10 sec mark. and repeat the sprint,press etc for a total of 4 mins. i guess you could do it all for 12 mins but it would be way more exciting than just doing swings and prob achieve more.
                                and kill me quicker.... explode my heart from exertion!

Comment

Working...
                                X