Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    i've been trying to get interval something to tabata too as i have to count 1 mississipi, 2 mississipi and so on which can get quite challenging. i imagine an interval podcast would be good if they had decent music. garden does sound awesome. i will send the horse right over LOL do you get things like deer and rabbits gettting into it or just the usual bugs and grubs?
    yes to deer, bugs and not so much rabbits.... shotguns take care of the deer.... chemicals take care of the bugs.

Comment

• morning Doc - how is life in the fast lane ???????
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• do you shoot the deer dead with a shotgun or scare them away by shooting at them?

Comment

do you shoot the deer dead with a shotgun or scare them away by shooting at them?
          I was actually being a smart ass... I have row covers over the peas, cabbage, and broccoli to keep the deer and I have a couple of adventerous chickens that wander in to the garden.... they LOVE cabbage and would kill them if I didn't cover them.

With that said, I would love to kill a deer for the meat... I have a book of venison sausage recipes..... yum!

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
            morning Doc - how is life in the fast lane ???????
            well, if my tired old ass was fast, it would probably be great... but I'm not, nevertheless, life is grand!

Comment

• slow and steady often wins the race Doc - well thats what I tell myself !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

slow and steady often wins the race Doc - well thats what I tell myself !!!!!!!
                If thats the case I WIN!... I'm as slow (witted) as they come!

Comment

• hahahahahahahahaha - I have actually read you in action with Blood orchid - and I agree - you do have a witty way with words !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha - I have actually read you in action with Blood orchid - and I agree - you do have a witty way with words !!!!!!
                    Even a busted clock is right twice a day!

Comment

• .....and I have one of those and all !!!!!!! bought a new one for christmas, but I need a wee handy man to fix it to the wall. Do you have a few spare minutes this weekend Doc ??????? p-u-l-e-a-z-e !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

.....and I have one of those and all !!!!!!! bought a new one for christmas, but I need a wee handy man to fix it to the wall. Do you have a few spare minutes this weekend Doc ??????? p-u-l-e-a-z-e !!!!!!!
                        what? You have no buff handy Tongan male to handle a nail for you?

Comment

• NO - those strapping young testosterone filled fellas have been and gone - alas.................................

...small steps....

Comment

NO - those strapping young testosterone filled fellas have been and gone - alas.................................
                            and thou art broken hearted.... I can tell....

Comment

• With that said, I would love to kill a deer for the meat... I have a book of venison sausage recipes..... yum!
                              i would doubt a shotgun would kill a deer unless you were very close range or used solid shot and were close. i usually dont end up with many sausages from a deer. i use the rib meat and the trouts off the legs for sausages but the rest i steak, roast or stew. would be a waste to sausage it.

Comment

i would doubt a shotgun would kill a deer unless you were very close range or used solid shot and were close. i usually dont end up with many sausages from a deer. i use the rib meat and the trouts off the legs for sausages but the rest i steak, roast or stew. would be a waste to sausage it.
                                by law, in the area I live, because of the population density I think, all you can use is a shotgun to hunt with. Most folks use buckshot or slugs. The bag limit depends on where you are. Here I think it is 6 in a year, and many folks here grind the whole deer in to sausage and snack sticks, but they do save some steaks and roasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X