Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    if you have a glass house, if you can dig it up and pot it without disturbing the roots, you could try putting it inside. or on a sunny kitchen window sill.
    true, but if it isn't a heated house, when the temps drop below freezing in the house the plant will freeze. I have a hoop house covered with greenhouse film, and in the winter here it gets 30 degrees or more hotter than the outside temps.. but at night the temps drop to about 10 degrees above what outside temps are.

Comment

• i ran 15 k once on a treadmill at 10.5kph to see if i could. and i could. it didnt get any easier after the first 5k but i could have prob kept going alot longer. it was hell boring too which is why i gave it up as a bad idea LOL i guess it would be good to do once to say you have done it.

Comment

i ran 15 k once on a treadmill at 10.5kph to see if i could. and i could. it didnt get any easier after the first 5k but i could have prob kept going alot longer. it was hell boring too which is why i gave it up as a bad idea LOL i guess it would be good to do once to say you have done it.
        bragging rights are my motivation.... according to Galloway, only 1/10 of 1% of the US population have completed a marathon... thats a "small" group of folks...

Comment

• yes that is indeed. i could complete one, but i may not run all the way and they had better no publish my time!!!

Comment

yes that is indeed. i could complete one, but i may not run all the way and they had better no publish my time!!!
            Thats the thing... who said you have to run the whole way? This guy Jeff Galloway RECOMMENDS taking walk breaks during long runs and even races, which is why I like his plan.

Comment

• sounds like my kind of plan too. i think my main issue is i am way too ADD to cope with that much of the same thing. and if i run, i have to concentrate on what i am doing. after a while you use all your brain glycogen and cant think about anything else. which is actually nice in short bursts. but long distance. i want to be checking out the scenery. day dreaming. ya know. not suffering LOL as i say many times, the brain really is the weakest muscle!!!

Comment

• green fried tomatoes CC ?????? I haven't ever tried that...
                I have done a couple of half marathons, but VERY slow. I think My fastest was 2 hours and 6 minutes. My Dad always said I was a plodder !!!!!! and I used to win races - way back in the day !!!!!!
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Doc I thought that you might like to try this out when you get your cattle ...............

Cowboy no longer needed! Funny - YouTube

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    Doc I thought that you might like to try this out when you get your cattle ...............

Cowboy no longer needed! Funny - YouTube
                    I'd LOVE to have a herd that size!!!!!

Comment

• but what about the little remote car ??????? wasn't that cute !!!!!!
                      ....................and more importantly - how did the mud run go ???????

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                        but what about the little remote car ??????? wasn't that cute !!!!!!
                        ....................and more importantly - how did the mud run go ???????
                        Mud run ran went well. Hamstrings were not an issue, at all..... It was a great time! Legs a little tired, but the obstacles werent as hard as I expected.....

Comment

• Awesome. How about some pictures?
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Val - darling girl - you are welcome anytime. We could have a conference skype party ???????
                            Might be fun ???????
                            LOL... I will keep that in mind Certainly has it's possibilities. Of course, if you'll come down south I will fry up some of those green tomatoes for y'all.

Not sure what it says about me but I confess I was imagining the garden more than Doc nekkid And wondering if I could stake a tent nearby. Though I am very partial to cowboys so when you get that herd... Do want to see a picture of the mud run...all that mud...mmmmmmmm
                            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                            height 5'3
                            SW 215 lbs
                            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                            LW 172 lbs
                            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I did not take my camera on the course for a couple of reasons... the biggest is that it isn't waterproof... But I will ask my daughter if her friend's mother has any of the course.

Comment

• well done Doc - It is a fantastic feeling when you complete something like that................. I hope that you are feeling proud of yourself !

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X