Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
    It certainly does relieve stress. Good for you helping the office have a laugh or two or more.
    I texted the wife a picture and she replied that the decorations were truly tacky! Win! hehehe

Comment

• I always loved the office entertainers. We had a woman name a stapler, Stanley the Stappler. Stanley would end up all over the building -- 200 employees. Then there'd be signs posted that Stanley was missing. This went on for months.
      Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
      CW: 10-11-16: 144
      GW: 130 a dream, I know
      Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

I always loved the office entertainers. We had a woman name a stapler, Stanley the Stappler. Stanley would end up all over the building -- 200 employees. Then there'd be signs posted that Stanley was missing. This went on for months.
        yup office hijinks can be very entertaining.... though with the PC environment of large corporations, these kinds of things are rare...

Comment

• Fair play if the desk and surrounding area gets the bosses seal of tackiness, you've done good.....

The PC brigade do my nut in, ribald humour has been part of workshop floor humour since I started work back in the dark ages, I still get stick for something I stuffed up 20 years ago and rightly so..... And lets not get started on the gallows humour.....

PP, so what happened to Stan, he asks on tenterhooks.....

Comment

• Well, I did leave off an important part about Stanley the Stapler. I was in charge of the receptionists in the building. I really messed up when I took down all the signs about Stanley and people were mad at me. My direct boss, the one over the entire building never said a contrary word about those signs and shinanigans. I had taken this upon myself. Don't hate me, please.

I left on a two weeker vacation (oh how I miss those) and wrote a letter to the staff from Stanley. During this vacation the story of Stanley continued. He decided he liked it up north and wanted to retire there but missed the staff. Wish I still had that lengthy explanation.

Staff forgave me and life went on. Learned my lesson big time. I had been worried about the PC climate and the customers we had. We were a human services department for people with a variety of needs, mental health, public health, workplace training, veterans services, on and on.
            Last edited by perennialpam; 12-06-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Fair play if the desk and surrounding area gets the bosses seal of tackiness, you've done good.....

The PC brigade do my nut in, ribald humour has been part of workshop floor humour since I started work back in the dark ages, I still get stick for something I stuffed up 20 years ago and rightly so..... And lets not get started on the gallows humour.....

PP, so what happened to Stan, he asks on tenterhooks.....
              Thanks..

Being a former submariner, we have a reputation for bawdy humor... a tradition that I uphold with great pride...

Comment

Well, I did leave off an important part about Stanley the Stapler. I was in charge of the receptionists in the building. I really messed up when I took down all the signs about Stanley and people were mad at me. My direct boss, the one over the entire building never said a contrary word about those signs and shinanigans. I had taken this upon myself. Don't hate me, please.

I left on a two weeker vacation (oh how I miss those) and wrote a letter to the staff from Stanley. During this vacation the story of Stanley continued. He decided he liked it up north and wanted to retire there but missed the staff. Wish I still had that lengthy explanation.

Staff forgave me and life went on. Learned my lesson big time. I had been worried about the PC climate and the customers we had. We were a human services department for people with a variety of needs, mental health, public health, workplace training, veterans services, on and on.
                Great story!

Comment

• Went back to the garage for a lift session. started the Starting strength app, backed waaaaay off on the squat weight, and it's a good thing too! I did stuff up the workout though.. was supposed to do overhead press, but did bench press instead... looks like I get 2 bench workouts this week.!

Squat 3x5@ 185
                  BP 3x5@ 135
                  Deadlift 1x5 @225

Comment

• I got a tip about a new book that has recently come out for lifters over the age of 40... I ordered it, and it came in today... Started reading it, and so far I really like it... It is from The Aasgaard Company, which is the printing company that Mark Rippetoe started. So far, its a pretty good read.... The title of the book is The Barbell Prescription: Strength Training For Life After 40.

Comment

• Don't use a great deal of barbells, but might have a look as I trust your judgement, it might still give some handy tips as I fit into the title.... I just got this book, don't believe the reviews, it's a pile of shite!
                      Buy Kettlebell: The Ultimate Display of Full Body Power to Build Muscle, Burn Fat, and Get Lean by Andrew Johnson (ISBN: 9781540616609) from Amazon's Book Store. Free UK delivery on eligible orders.

Comment

• Another thing that's getting on my tits with the new forum is that it logs me out if I turn me back for half a minute, gripe over.....

Comment

Don't use a great deal of barbells, but might have a look as I trust your judgement, it might still give some handy tips as I fit into the title.... I just got this book, don't believe the reviews, it's a pile of shite!
                          I will take that recommendation and run with it... lol

Comment

Another thing that's getting on my tits with the new forum is that it logs me out if I turn me back for half a minute, gripe over.....
                            I will have to agree that things getting on my tits is pretty disagreeable...

Comment

• *slowly backs out of the journal*

Comment

• That is the oddest bird I've ever seen.

And I get a variety of messages and am unable to post often as it says human error. Or, like dave says, all of a sudden I'm gone again.

Comment

Working...
                                X