Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Being the medical type onboard.. I sometimes wondered what I would do in that event... since I carried vallium and demorol etc, I'd probably just take a crap load and go to sleep..... what are they gonna do arrest me? You'd have to come get me first, and in that instance I'd be OK with it!

    Comment


    • you would probably want something stronger and then being the medical type, you would prob end up having to look after everyone else. i think tho if you thought macabre death thoughts everytime you got on a sub, you wouldnt be doing it long. it is a pity you cant see out the windows. i imagine there is some unreal things we would never get to see down there. that bit fascinates me.

      Comment


      • Doc, what exactly is it that you do for night work to be able to keep up three conversations at once? Me, I am avoiding bed 'cause I have a headache and am waiting for the painkiller to work, otherwise I would be zzzzzzz.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
          Doc, what exactly is it that you do for night work to be able to keep up three conversations at once? Me, I am avoiding bed 'cause I have a headache and am waiting for the painkiller to work, otherwise I would be zzzzzzz.
          office work from midnight to 8 am?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            you would probably want something stronger and then being the medical type, you would prob end up having to look after everyone else. i think tho if you thought macabre death thoughts everytime you got on a sub, you wouldnt be doing it long. it is a pity you cant see out the windows. i imagine there is some unreal things we would never get to see down there. that bit fascinates me.
            When I had my wisdom teeth taken out back in the dark ages... they used a combination of valium and demorol.... it was quite a nice combination....
            yeah, didn't spend alot of time thinking about that kind of stuff... too depressing... spent just enough time to devise a plan just in case... then moved on.

            Comment


            • Midnight to 8am is an awesome shift. I worked some of those putting myself through school. Quiet. It was at an emergency veterinary clinic though, so occasionally I'd have to wake a vet up for a walk-in. But mostly it was a nice shift and since I didn't take lunch, I also got an hour of overtime which is nice when you're a starving student.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

              B*tch-lite

              Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Midnight to 8am is an awesome shift. I worked some of those putting myself through school. Quiet. It was at an emergency veterinary clinic though, so occasionally I'd have to wake a vet up for a walk-in. But mostly it was a nice shift and since I didn't take lunch, I also got an hour of overtime which is nice when you're a starving student.
                oh, it's quiet for sure... but I hate working nights... I am much better suited for working the 3-11 shift... I do it cuz I like to eat and have a roof over my head...

                Comment


                • Doc, even though now I'm a lazygurl, back in those days, I worked two 16 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift between Fri night and Monday morning. Then I'd drag off to school. And I studied and I dated/partied. Not sure how I managed as I think that would kill me now. Especially the studying.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                  B*tch-lite

                  Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Doc, even though now I'm a lazygurl, back in those days, I worked two 16 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift between Fri night and Monday morning. Then I'd drag off to school. And I studied and I dated/partied. Not sure how I managed as I think that would kill me now. Especially the studying.
                    Youth...... though, I work a full time job, run a small farm raising chickens for eggs and meat and veggies and find time to stuff a little exercise in there..... I do agree that working 40 hours in 3 days would kick my fanny!

                    Comment


                    • spent just enough time to devise a plan just in case... then moved on.
                      kinda like what i am supposed to do about the shark threat when i am out diving LOL

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        kinda like what i am supposed to do about the shark threat when i am out diving LOL
                        uhm, yeah... exactly like that....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                          kinda like what i am supposed to do about the shark threat when i am out diving LOL
                          As it happens, small boy asked us what to do if one meets a shark a couple of days ago. Husband and I were not sure of the answer. Punch it on the nose?
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                          Comment


                          • i doubt you would see it before it ate you if it was a white pointer. they dont really come up and intro themselves before they eat you and they are very very fast. there are different breeds of shark and some are apparently just curious. even the great whites wont necessarily eat you. but yeah. i am jaws generation so i fret sometimes when i am out swimming around on my own in deep dark shadowy water far from the shore. as if i could outswim one by even 5 m if i wanted to LOL

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                              i doubt you would see it before it ate you if it was a white pointer. they dont really come up and intro themselves before they eat you and they are very very fast. there are different breeds of shark and some are apparently just curious. even the great whites wont necessarily eat you. but yeah. i am jaws generation so i fret sometimes when i am out swimming around on my own in deep dark shadowy water far from the shore. as if i could outswim one by even 5 m if i wanted to LOL
                              Re Jaws... At my hubby's college, during his days there, they had a Jaws showing one night. Get this - in the college indoor competitive swimming pool, projected onto a screen set up for that purpose, lights off, and viewers were floating in the pool as they watched...
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

                              Comment


                              • bloody hell - I go off and do a FULL days UNPAID work - come on back and what have you all been gossiping about ???????
                                sharks, fannies, and full days work................... sheesh
                                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

                                ...small steps....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X