No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairly good weekend... had the youngest grand-ankle-bitter over for Friday night and all day Saturday.... man he is a talker.....
    Saturday daughter and her son dropped by for a bit. Had a nice visit, and did a little B-B gun plinking with grandson....
    Sunday went for a scramble... finished 8 miles at race pace.... legs are a bit cranky now, but it is to be expected.

Talked to the wife about Christmas presents... she has agree to let me buy a new barbell and some rubber bumper plates... she has no idea what she wants for Christmas, so I am left to guess....

Comment

• My son was a talker until he hit middle school, now only on very rare occasions in one on one situations.

sounds like a lovely weekend.

RE: gift for the wife, maybe experience (i.e. trip?)
      Last edited by demuralist; 12-07-2015, 07:48 AM.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thats s good idea... She is an avid quilter, and I was mulling something along the line of a computer program for her long arm quilting machine...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• that sounds lovely, did you know that there is a Quilter's Museum in Paducah, KY?The National Quilt Museum |

does she quilt for a fee for others?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            that sounds lovely, did you know that there is a Quilter's Museum in Paducah, KY?The National Quilt Museum |

does she quilt for a fee for others?
            Yes, we are familiar with Paducah... it's on the bucket list of trips....

She does quilt for others, but it's a hobby, not a business, so she normally does it "for free"... I can't count the number of quilts she has given away...

Comment

• My bleeding PC wouldn't let me on here yesterday for some reason! But it sounds like you had a good weekend and a good idea to get something the boss has an avid interest in rather than guessing, in that situation when I was courting I always guessed wrong and got meself in no end of manure....

And managed to have a look at that video, they twins are somewhat pleasing to the eye as well as being reasonably talented on the harp an' all....

Comment

• Quilt museum sent me on a frantic Google. I used to work with MC, or rather for the company that she used to work for. She was a legend, and not just for quilting...
                IQSCM | Collections | Quilt of the Month
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Catherine_Lamb
                Last edited by badgergirl; 12-08-2015, 01:20 AM.
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  My bleeding PC wouldn't let me on here yesterday for some reason! But it sounds like you had a good weekend and a good idea to get something the boss has an avid interest in rather than guessing, in that situation when I was courting I always guessed wrong and got meself in no end of manure....

And managed to have a look at that video, they twins are somewhat pleasing to the eye as well as being reasonably talented on the harp an' all....
                  yup.. I gets in trouble guessing all the time....

Agreed on the two-ferness of the two...

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                    Quilt museum sent me on a frantic Google. I used to work with MC, or rather for the company that she used to work for. She was a legend, and not just for quilting...
                    IQSCM | Collections | Quilt of the Month
                    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Catherine_Lamb
                    Interesting quilt artist. Not one I am familiar with..... very talented woman!

Comment

• Looked at the automated quilting system for a longarm quilting machine..... holymoly!!! About $8K, depending on the make.... I'm thinking that this won't be happening this year!

Comment

• um, WOW!!! A trip to the museum in Kentucky would be cheaper, even if a workshop was included. That is insane.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          um, WOW!!! A trip to the museum in Kentucky would be cheaper, even if a workshop was included. That is insane.
                          And stay in the best hotel in the area... in the Presidential Suite...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            Looked at the automated quilting system for a longarm quilting machine..... holymoly!!! About $8K, depending on the make.... I'm thinking that this won't be happening this year!
                            You'd be earning a lifetime of brownie points with her indoors if'n you stretched for one of they....

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            um, WOW!!! A trip to the museum in Kentucky would be cheaper, even if a workshop was included. That is insane.
                            A trip to visit me would be cheaper than that, can't say I can offer much of a presidential suite though....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              You'd be earning a lifetime of brownie points with her indoors if'n you stretched for one of they....

A trip to visit me would be cheaper than that, can't say I can offer much of a presidential suite though....
                              Oh I would have soooo many brown-nose points.. uh brownie points for getting that contraption... you are right... I could almost get away with murder I her eyes... almost...

You have a point... though I think the wife would prefer a trip to the Emerald Isle if we are venturing your direction... though there are tours of Ireland, England AND Scotland... which would necessitate the breaking out of me wee kilt, I think...

Comment

• Very warm weekend... its almost like global warming or something.... Got squats and bench press done on Friday, did stuff around the house on Saturday, and got in 8 miles on Sunday.... was going for 12, but the "heat" sapped all of my "will" to finish the last 4. The legs had the distance, but with temps hitting in the 70's I was getting overheated... which sounds bizarre saying that 70 degrees is too hot to run in, but I haven't run any long distances at that temp in forever, so my acclimatization sucks... that's my story, and I'm sticking to it...

Wife got busy baking on Sunday... bread, biscotti.... The bread is a dense loaf that has rye, and whole wheat flower, a 6 grain cereal, flax seed and the like. Very tasty, and not at all like the squishy paste bread sold in the grocery stores. She made some German black bread about a month ago, and we pulled a loaf out of the freezer... and I find that I like the flavor.... which doesn't surprise me since I like dark beers..

Speaking of which, I had a few Scotch ales on Saturday. A nifty little thing from the Devils Backbone Brewing called Kilt Flasher.... very lovely flavorful brew...

Comment

Working...
                                X