Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think I will stay at 20 push-ups and 20 body rows for another week....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      i actual thought we were being pretty clean with our more adventurous side LOL even tho i cross dress in the sense i wear work boots and jeans lots and all my hunting gear is mens and i have a motorcycle. i am still a girlie girl. maybe it is an age thing but i like the trappings of feminity but not the vunerability i guess. we should go back to talking about gardening or exercise! how did the 5k go doc?
      The closest I have come to "cross dressing" is dressing up like a nurse for a Navy initiation once maaaaaaany years ago.... no, I will not share details! lol

      Ran the 5K this morning. Finished it in 35:13. Not bad for a fat old man.... and it was my first race in 15 years or so... so I am not gonna complain.....

      Now I am off to plant kale and lettuce and carrots, beets turnips, rutabaga, parsnips, radish.....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        I should probably write this in my own journal rather than muddying the waters in yours sir, but I subscribe to the Judith Butler model of gender - it's a performance. Therefore it can be freeing and gratifying when the performance of gender is subverted - be that through power play, crossdressing or any other 'transgression'. I can perform my gender well, thank you very much, I'm far more interested in the dynamics of other as self, self as other... Yes, okay, I'll take these thoughts, flesh them out (so to speak) and write them down in my own space.
        Can't muddy the water any worse than the mud wrasslers....

        Comment


        • 35:15 is pretty good. 8.53kph avg? i wouldnt complain either. was it muddy? i think we call rutbaga suede? are they yellow? some have purple tops on the skin? totally yummy boiled and mashed with butter and pepper.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            35:15 is pretty good. 8.53kph avg? i wouldnt complain either. was it muddy? i think we call rutbaga suede? are they yellow? some have purple tops on the skin? totally yummy boiled and mashed with butter and pepper.
            The course was a concrete boardwalk that runs along the ocean. There was water and beach on one side and hotels on the other.... the tourist district, as it were.... As far as the pace goes, it was under 12 minutes/mile, which was my goal.....

            That sounds like the stuff.... look like huge friking yellow meat turnips. Purple top, lots of knarly, fiberous roots.

            Comment


            • yes that is them. i love suedes. i hate running on the road. i do it on the dirt roads around here occasionally when my ankle isnt sprained. 1 mile in the morning before breakfast while no one is looking. i kinda need something interesting like pot holes or hills in order for me not to get too bored. my actual fave running activity is down hill cross country. awesome fun unless it goes wrong and then it is spectacularly disasterous!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                yes that is them. i love suedes. i hate running on the road. i do it on the dirt roads around here occasionally when my ankle isnt sprained. 1 mile in the morning before breakfast while no one is looking. i kinda need something interesting like pot holes or hills in order for me not to get too bored. my actual fave running activity is down hill cross country. awesome fun unless it goes wrong and then it is spectacularly disasterous!
                And depending on your mindset... it may STILL be spectacularly fun..... my sons love doing crazy downhill bike rides etc... Me? not so adventurous...

                Today was a 7 mile jog in the rain. Was a little smarter this time around. I wore a rain jacket. Temp was warmer than last week, but still cool enough to be cold when it is wet and a bit of a breeze. Started a new walk/run training scheme. Run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute..... Legs feel good at the end. Walked for another 5 minutes or so after then run. Not as stiff as I usually am.... Maybe Jeff Galloway has a good idea in the walk/run scheme of his...

                Next week I start playing with kettlebell exercises.....

                Comment


                • Just registered for an 8K mud run.... in August.....

                  Comment


                  • i still have to limp on my ankle so i wont be doing any running. i have started doing boxing bag tabatas as i am getting so miffed with the ankle not getting better properly. when i do run, i do the run walk thing if i do any more than a mile. the other thing i do is walk the uphills and run the flats and the down hills. not so into kettlebells here. poss i maybe havent learnt how to use them properly as all i have ever been taught to do are swings. lunging with them is a total waste of time as i def cant afford a set big enough to do that! much much prefer my clubbells.

                    Comment


                    • And we are back to mud again

                      Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Just registered for an 8K mud run.... in August.....
                      I know you will kick ass. It sounds like fun. I hope one of these days I am healthy enough to do something like that.
                      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

                      Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                        And we are back to mud again



                        I know you will kick ass. It sounds like fun. I hope one of these days I am healthy enough to do something like that.
                        I guess it's true that I am a dirty old man..... lol

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                          i still have to limp on my ankle so i wont be doing any running. i have started doing boxing bag tabatas as i am getting so miffed with the ankle not getting better properly. when i do run, i do the run walk thing if i do any more than a mile. the other thing i do is walk the uphills and run the flats and the down hills. not so into kettlebells here. poss i maybe havent learnt how to use them properly as all i have ever been taught to do are swings. lunging with them is a total waste of time as i def cant afford a set big enough to do that! much much prefer my clubbells.
                          I'm a beginner-novice-probably gonna break my leg by hitting it with a kettlebell newbie. I have never swung one before, so we will see later today... breaking my lower leg with a kettlebell with definitely impact my running.. (no pun intended) The only exercises I have sceduled for myself are swings and a thing called a getup, which much like the name implies you start lying on the ground, pick up the kettlebell extend your arm up into the air and get up to a standing position with your arm still above your head, then lie back down (that would be 1 rep). From that description, getups would be a whole body work out...
                          I will do a month of swings (2 days per week) and getups (2 days per week) before I start practicing the clean, press and snatch with the kettlebell.
                          The clubbells look interesting... I may have to order a book on that exercise and read up on them before I embark on that exercise....

                          Comment


                          • if i can play with kettlebells and not break anything, anyone can *nodding*
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

                            Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              if i can play with kettlebells and not break anything, anyone can *nodding*
                              I guess I am more worried about breaking a window in my house than I am breaking my leg..... but hey ya never know!

                              Comment


                              • when i said 'anything', that's a giant umbrella of possibilities
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

                                Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X