Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Went to do my squats, and I pulled a hamstring on my first warm up set.... so much for lifting today... in a kilt or otherwise.....
    Time to put your feet up...wearing a kilt.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• hello you lot......what have i missed ???????? kilts and all ???????????
      hope you are all well
      hugs
      g x
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        Time to put your feet up...wearing a kilt.
        The thought has crossed my mind...

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          hello you lot......what have i missed ???????? kilts and all ???????????
          hope you are all well
          hugs
          g x
          Hey G!.... Thanks for stopping by! Not missing much... just the normal insanity from the normal players.... welcome home lol...

Comment

• Thanx Doc- you darling wee thing.
            Hope all is good in the hood!!!!!!
            Life very mundain/boring over here...... Heading into winter- yay- NOT
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
              Thanx Doc- you darling wee thing.
              Hope all is good in the hood!!!!!!
              Life very mundain/boring over here...... Heading into winter- yay- NOT
              The hood is good.... summer starting here, garden is in, weeds are growing like weeds, as are the grandkids.... mundane and boring isn't a bad thing... sometimes difficult to deal with, but better than going 900 mph, with your hair on fire all the time...

Comment

• Not much going on today. Got some garden tilling done to control some of the weeds. The beets, rutabagas, spinach and carrots are pretty much over run with grass and I had to till them under. It's too late to re-seed the spinach, but the beets and rutabagas will probably be re-planted. Harvested some radishes and some lettuce. Then later in the day (well after I went to bed) we got a torrential down pour, which the garden needed. The weather is supposed to be stormy for the next couple of days, so it may be a good time to run some errands.

Hamstrings still feel a little twitchy, so I will lay off the running and lifting for another day or two and let them calm down a bit. I may do the overhead press and bench press, as that doesn't require much leg power, it's all chest and shoulders.

Baked a sirloin roast, with some carrots. pretty fargin tasty..... need to grill some chicken thighs..... I guess there is always tomorrow.....

Comment

...Then later in the day (well after I went to bed) we got a torrential down pour, which the garden needed. The weather is supposed to be stormy for the next couple of days...
                  you are very lucky. It was sunny and in the mid-80s here; there hasn't been a good downpour here in quite some time, unfortunately.

Comment

• Did a squat workout today. Did several body weight squats and very light weight warm up sets. Did 3 work sets of 5 reps at 145 lbs. Since I missed the overhead press on Wednesday, I did them before I did my bench press. Did 3 work sets of 5 reps at 90 lbs. Did 3 sets of 5 reps of bench press at 165 lbs, and I deadlifted 205 for 5 reps.

Hamstrings felt a little squishy when I started with the body weight stuff, but when I go in to the heavier weights they felt solid. Legs feel a bit wobbly though...

I think I will forgo my short mid week runs and do one long slow run on Sunday. Gives my legs 2 days between running and lifting to recover.....

Read Mass Made Simple last night..... that routine looks brutal.... I did find some nuggets of info in it to keep that I can use for the Starting Strength routine... The biggest thing is eating enough protein, and he recommends using fish oil. So I may have to start eating fish-gut pills again... oh yum! Gotta love fish-gut burps.... woo hoo!

Comment

• I use this liquid from AMAZON. Tastes great, no burps.

Nature's Answer Liquid Omega 3 Deep Sea Fish Oil Epa/dha
                      by Nature's Answer

Price:

$13.99 ($0.87 / oz)

Size: 16 oz

•Deep sea fish oil
                      •Fortified with quik sorbŪ our exclusive proprietary blend of herbs known to enhance delivery of nutrients to the body.
                      •Dietary supplement
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Hey P... thanks for the tip... I may have to look that stuff up...

Comment

• Good day sir!

Originally posted by _bear View Post
                          you are very lucky. It was sunny and in the mid-80s here; there hasn't been a good downpour here in quite some time, unfortunately.
                          Come to where I live, I needs waders to thake the bins out at the moment....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Did a squat workout today. Did several body weight squats and very light weight warm up sets. Did 3 work sets of 5 reps at 145 lbs. Since I missed the overhead press on Wednesday, I did them before I did my bench press. Did 3 work sets of 5 reps at 90 lbs. Did 3 sets of 5 reps of bench press at 165 lbs, and I deadlifted 205 for 5 reps.

Hamstrings felt a little squishy when I started with the body weight stuff, but when I go in to the heavier weights they felt solid. Legs feel a bit wobbly though...

I think I will forgo my short mid week runs and do one long slow run on Sunday. Gives my legs 2 days between running and lifting to recover.....

Read Mass Made Simple last night..... that routine looks brutal.... I did find some nuggets of info in it to keep that I can use for the Starting Strength routine... The biggest thing is eating enough protein, and he recommends using fish oil. So I may have to start eating fish-gut pills again... oh yum! Gotta love fish-gut burps.... woo hoo!
                          Good effort on the lifts, considering it was done with a recovering hammer!

Might have a look at that book, I'm not overly interested in mass, more strength, but anything that got some top tips is always worth a squint!

Fish oil, err, will have to see about that....

Comment

• Good day to you too sir!

I thought it was a good book, for the most part. The workouts are farging brutal, to my simple, uneducated mind. I did find his philosophy "entertaining" at the very least, and simple and easy to follow.... which works for me, as I am an intellectual giant and am able to follow complex systes of instruction.... ehhh not so much!

For instance.... his 3 main nutritional advice is 1) Eat more protein, 2) Eat more fiber, and 3) Take more fish oil. then he goes on to explain why.

He also seems to have a bit of a warped sense of humor... so I took a liking to him immediately... and he's an advocate of Peanut butter and jelly sandwichs.... I like the way this guy thinks! lol

Comment

Good day to you too sir!

I thought it was a good book, for the most part. The workouts are farging brutal, to my simple, uneducated mind. I did find his philosophy "entertaining" at the very least, and simple and easy to follow.... which works for me, as I am an intellectual giant and am able to follow complex systes of instruction.... ehhh not so much!

For instance.... his 3 main nutritional advice is 1) Eat more protein, 2) Eat more fiber, and 3) Take more fish oil. then he goes on to explain why.

He also seems to have a bit of a warped sense of humor... so I took a liking to him immediately... and he's an advocate of Peanut butter and jelly sandwichs.... I like the way this guy thinks! lol
                              Sounds like the book for me then, easy to follow (being an erudite fellow meself, errr), warped humour and peanut butter, whats not to like....

Comment

• Precisely!

Comment

Working...
                                X