Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Today, got in a 4 mile run. A little warm, but not horrible... it's early yet... horrible is on its way, no doubt.
    Always expect the worst ,you're quietly surprised then if it turns out better than you thought....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Playd on the power rack a little. I can get about 3/4 of a pull up done. So I did a few negative pull ups.... jumped up and lowered myself down... did a few barbell curls with just the bar. Nothing really serious just goofing around and getting familar with the equipment.
    Cracking in the negatives will have you doing full P/U's in no time, still do negatives meself for there benefits!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    Weight training is really good for old... older... people over 40.
    Then we're being good Doc, that makes a change....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Always expect the worst ,you're quietly surprised then if it turns out better than you thought....

Cracking in the negatives will have you doing full P/U's in no time, still do negatives meself for there benefits!

Then we're being good Doc, that makes a change....
      lol... the change is the being good part?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        lol... the change is the being good part?
        Lol, I'm afraid so....

Comment

• Played out in the garage with the barbell today. Did some back squats. Form feels pretty good, though I do seem to want to lean forward a bit at the end, and not stand up completely. The overhead press form needs some work though. It seems to want to get a bit wobbely at the top of the movement. Apparently I need to strengthen the "stabilizers" for that move. The deadlift feels awkward. I seem to be leaning back too far, and on a couple of occasions had to take a step backwards because I got so off balance. It may be a lack of weight on the bar as well... hopefully the weights will make an appearance this weekend... If not, I may have to go get them....

Dinner tonight (actually lunch) sheppards pie and strawberries....

Breakfast was yogurt and quikie Lorraine....

Comment

• Some dumb bells or KB's presses will get the stabilizers in the game also isolates each side, you're probably right on the deadlifts as in my experience there ain't much stepping back with a few hundred or more pounds on the bar, in fact there ain't much moving at all....

Dinner sounds good, sheppards pie is the bomb, not to mention the strawberries!

Comment

• I can feel myself leaning forward when I get tired doing squats too... Definitely something I need to fix. Got any tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                I can feel myself leaning forward when I get tired doing squats too... Definitely something I need to fix. Got any tips?
                I presume it's at the exhausted end of sets/reps when your starting to fail? You could go to half reps, if you do feel yourself leaning and you haven't got a spotter, just to get a bit more out, or maybe finish with a drop set, whilst watching the old form of course!

Comment

• did you get yourself a mirror to keep an eye on your form?
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    did you get yourself a mirror to keep an eye on your form?
                    I think we need video clips to be helpful.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• excellent idea!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Do you girls actually think he is going to fall for that? *making popcorn*
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Fall for what? I'll make the drinks
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I just made a batch of grain free "granola". Plus, I have extra comfy folding chairs.

Comment

• Sounds like a perfect movie night
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                did you get yourself a mirror to keep an eye on your form?
                                No, but not a bad idea....

Comment

Working...
                                X