Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Relatives of the relatives in this county named their piggies thusly: Breakfast, and Bacon. The relatives proper called theirs Pork, and Chop. All four ended up that way, too.
    I'm in total agreement with that relative naming...

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      i called her and she gave me the evil eye and kept going so i ended up having to shoo the hawk before it all ended in a vet visit LOL
      Lol, wrecking the lionesses hunt, did she sulk....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      Ahh, thanks ma'am, but it is you who are awesome..... I just don't know when to kwit.....

The chicks arrived today, they all were alive and making noise, so I turned them loose in the brooder house.... the 6 birds that were in there were all huddled in the corner scared to death of the new additions..

they sent e a ix of brown egg layers, and in the mix there are 2 Turken, or Naked Neck chickens... goofy lookin things... they are all black, with no down or feathers on their necks.... ugly as home-made soap....
      Good news on the chicks all turning up breathing, must have been a relief! Hope they smell better than home made soap....

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
      Relatives of the relatives in this county named their piggies thusly: Breakfast, and Bacon. The relatives proper called theirs Pork, and Chop. All four ended up that way, too.
      Was there BBQ and pull, etc....

Comment

• Lol, wrecking the lionesses hunt, did she sulk....
        2 funny yes but truly i probably saved her an embarassing peck with that sharp beak and ripping with those sharp talons. the hawks here arent as aggressive as the falcons but still. she really did need to have her stealth operation a bit better planned as it was looking right at her scowling lol

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          2 funny yes but truly i probably saved her an embarassing peck with that sharp beak and ripping with those sharp talons. the hawks here arent as aggressive as the falcons but still. she really did need to have her stealth operation a bit better planned as it was looking right at her scowling lol
          Lol, you can't knock her bottle then, walking into a good pecking knowing it was coming, or is she braver than clever....

Comment

• she is both brave and clever as she is half siamese. in my experience anything half siamese, provided the other half isnt a moggie, is generally pretty clued up. she may well have done the hawk but i wasnt prepared to risk her getting injured.i could have hidden the feathers if she did get it..shhhh lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post

The chicks arrived today, they all were alive and making noise, so I turned them loose in the brooder house.... the 6 birds that were in there were all huddled in the corner scared to death of the new additions..

they sent e a ix of brown egg layers, and in the mix there are 2 Turken, or Naked Neck chickens... goofy lookin things... they are all black, with no down or feathers on their necks.... ugly as home-made soap....
              Welcome to your new chickies, your current birds must not have much gumption if they are scared of them.

A revolting yet fascinating appearance indeed.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              lol... I like the idea, but I dernt name the layers..... the meat birds I do name... Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Chikin Nuggets etc..
              I name mine after my children (or at least with the same initials). But unwanted front yard pet is called Trouble.

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              i did catch her sneaking up on a native hawk the other day. ... so i ended up having to shoo the hawk before it all ended in a vet visit LOL
              lol, great story Seas.
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                Welcome to your new chickies, your current birds must not have much gumption if they are scared of them.

I name mine after my children (or at least with the same initials). But unwanted front yard pet is called Trouble.
                The scaredycats are the reainder of the lot that was mostly lost, so they are only about 2 weeks old... and have been in the brooder house ever since they got here....

Appropriately named front yard bird!

Comment

• I googled the ugly chickens and they're cute and ugly. I guess they're also good layers and good for meat, and they have good dispositions. That's one all purpose chicken!

Dipped in GF AP flour and fried in lard...
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    I googled the ugly chickens and they're cute and ugly. I guess they're also good layers and good for meat, and they have good dispositions. That's one all purpose chicken!

Dipped in GF AP flour and fried in lard...
                    oh... a good old fashioned fried chicken.... yuuuuummyyyyy!

Comment

• Where is the like button?????
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, the new chicks are doing well. Only one death, which is a considerable improvement from the last shipment. The older chicks are intermingling with the new ones, and everyone seems to be happy....

I ordered a powerlifting rack last week. Part of it came in today. I hope the other parts come in, cuz it will be hard to do any lifting with just the upright portions of the rack....

Went and took a stroll through the garden today... the peas are making in appearance, as are the radishes, and the spinach. If it ever quits raining, I can get the beets, carrots, rutabaga, and turnips in the ground... and arugula. The broccoli plants I put in are still kind of scrawny, but the beginings of head formation is noticable. It is almost time to put tomatos in the ground.... and cucumber, and summer squashes.... and sweet potato...

Comment

• I'm glad you have happy chickens, they should make for happy eggs in time.

I wonder why your set is coming in bits, here's hoping the rest arrives safely.

I like hearing about your garden too, even though it's in the exact opposite season from mine. I ate a banana passionfruit off the vine today.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            Where is the like button?????
                            There needs to be a campaign to get one of they installed....

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                            I'm glad you have happy chickens, they should make for happy eggs in time.
                            Good to here they're all getting on Doc now, should make for good egg harvests!

I wonder why your set is coming in bits, here's hoping the rest arrives safely.
                            Sounds strange to me as well, is it because of the size of it or the componants Doc, you could always lift the uprights for the time being....

I like hearing about your garden too, even though it's in the exact opposite season from mine. I ate a banana passionfruit off the vine today.
                            It sounds like it must be huge, what with the amount of stuff that seems to got planted and has yet to be....Swipe me never heard of a banana passionfruit before!

Comment

• Chicks and weights; your post man must think you're either very eccentric or paleo lol.

Comment

• Congrats on your collection of lively chicks.

Isn't your wife jealous?
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X