Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
    If you have a lot of discomfort from the sunburn you might want to A rub a thin layer of Yoghurt over it and let it sit for a while. After that rinse it off with luke warm water.
    It's a very primal solution and it keeps the lotions filled with chemicals away. It always worked for me.
    Thanks for the tip... the discomfort isn't too bad... it just stings a little, not too bad though...

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      action pelvis? i trip over flared dresses and they blow up in the wind which is so not a good look!
      I doubt the tripping up would look too crash, but I'm a thinking the dress blowing up in the wind wouldn't look that bad, strictly from an observers point of view of course....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      lol... somehow this journal has turned in to a disertation on fashion.... just an observation, not a complaint...

Today was gorgeous.... bright sun, a nice cool breeze, temps in the mid 60s I think. Got to play in the garden... FINALLY! finished marking off the last 10 beds, spread fertilizer on 10, tilled all 20, planted 1/2 a bed in romaine lettuce, a bed in cabbage (1/2 red, 1/2 green), a bed in cauliflower and kale, a bed in broccoli and brussel sprouts. Next goes the radishes, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, spinach, beets, bok choy and napa cabbage.

Worked without a shirt for about 2 hours, now my back is a bit on the red and tender side... which is what I get for not wearing a shirt on a bright sunny day... that'l learn me... eh probly not... but it is that time of year to start wearing my wide brim hat.....

All the bending and walking, stooping etc from the planting helped work some of the sore out of my legs fro the weekends "over indulgence" in exercise.
      With some of they links, the fashions looking marvelous....Sounds like a good day apart from the sunburn, but at least you got a tip to treat it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
        I doubt the tripping up would look too crash, but I'm a thinking the dress blowing up in the wind wouldn't look that bad, strictly from an observers point of view of course....

With some of they links, the fashions looking marvelous....Sounds like a good day apart from the sunburn, but at least you got a tip to treat it!
        True, that isn't a use for yogurt I have ever heard before.... so I learned something new today.... I'm not dead! woo hoo!!

Comment

• I always wear free flowing skirts and have had many "Monroe" moments, never had any complaints and I go with comfort, so I keep wearing them.

For sunburns we always soaked a wash cloth in vinegar (to wet but not dripping) and laid it on the skin, it sort of draws the heat out, then when it feels warm take it off add more vinegar apply to the next area. I am a Florida girl and suffered MANY sunburns, never heard of the yogurt idea though. The vinegar works, but you smell like a salad for a few hours. Usually you only have to do it once, never found anything that works as well.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• LOL we try not to do anything unladylike such as flash! i so love brussel sprouts but i have never been able to grow them. autumn here so it is those awesome autumn veges time. i love swedes too which i think you call rutbaga? and i am having a thing with roast carrots or mashed carrots. roast carrots and venison or mutton. way yummy. the venison is leaner tho. mutton sorta melts into fat.

very little chance of sunburn here this summer just past. we possibly had 5 hot days all up. i managed to swim once without a wet suit and it was memorable.

Comment

• Another gorgeous day... nice and dry, a slight breeze... worked a bit in the garden. Got some radishes, carrots, spinach, and peas planted.... spent most of the day outside, and it was very nice...

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                I always wear free flowing skirts and have had many "Monroe" moments, never had any complaints and I go with comfort, so I keep wearing them.

For sunburns we always soaked a wash cloth in vinegar (to wet but not dripping) and laid it on the skin, it sort of draws the heat out, then when it feels warm take it off add more vinegar apply to the next area. I am a Florida girl and suffered MANY sunburns, never heard of the yogurt idea though. The vinegar works, but you smell like a salad for a few hours. Usually you only have to do it once, never found anything that works as well.
                Good girl on the Monroe moments, like your style....What is it they say about vinegar being a wonder product, yet another practical use!

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                LOL we try not to do anything unladylike such as flash! i so love brussel sprouts but i have never been able to grow them. autumn here so it is those awesome autumn veges time. i love swedes too which i think you call rutbaga? and i am having a thing with roast carrots or mashed carrots. roast carrots and venison or mutton. way yummy. the venison is leaner tho. mutton sorta melts into fat.

very little chance of sunburn here this summer just past. we possibly had 5 hot days all up. i managed to swim once without a wet suit and it was memorable.
                Roast carrots are lush and mashed for that matter, likes them with slow cooked lamb shanks....Hope our summer don't copy yours then, like it did last year!!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Another gorgeous day... nice and dry, a slight breeze... worked a bit in the garden. Got some radishes, carrots, spinach, and peas planted.... spent most of the day outside, and it was very nice...
                Nice one, sounds like a grueller....

Comment

• Hope our summer don't copy yours then, like it did last year!!
                  last summer here was drought and so so hot. beautiful weather if you didnt have to worry about water or stock feed. i did have someone tell me the other day they had a good summer in the north island. the deep south here is not known for its good weather but it keeps the population down so i dont mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    last summer here was drought and so so hot. beautiful weather if you didnt have to worry about water or stock feed. i did have someone tell me the other day they had a good summer in the north island. the deep south here is not known for its good weather but it keeps the population down so i dont mind.
                    That was the same as ours last year, it was the best summer for years, followed by the wettest winter on record....Your not having the best weather, is that why they put a roof on the rugby ground when they built it for the world cup?!

I have got the impression that you're not overly keen on the grockles coming to town....

Comment

• Well, I just looked at the map for the 1/2 marathon I am running in May.... pardon my french, but f*ck me running bacwards in spandex.... the first 2/3 of the run is no biggie... 9 miles down hill (nearly nearly 250 ft)... woo hoo! I can do this! From mile 9-12? all uphill.... 9-10, about a 25ft climb...10-11? 150 ft.... 11-12? another 50 ft.... whatthef*ck did sign myself up for..... <face palm>

Comment

• Lol, (sorry), that 11th mile could be a bit of a sting, you might want some climbing, not running shoes....

Comment

Lol, (sorry), that 11th mile could be a bit of a sting, you might want some climbing, not running shoes....
                          you aren't far off!

Comment

• http://www.marinemarathon.com/Assets...HalfCourse_web

Comment

• Noticed that the 11th mile is through a hospital, is that coincidence....

Comment

Noticed that the 11th mile is through a hospital, is that coincidence....
                                lol... that is the offending hill.... called Hospital Hill of all things.... fortunately they have an Emergency Room there....

Comment

Working...
                                X