Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
    Great marathon pix and good work on the 5k. I sense an addiction developing here.
    lol... thanks... and you may be correct in that regard of it being addictive..

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      lol... thanks... and you may be correct in that regard of it being addictive..
      There is a bit of a rush and sense of achievement when you cross that finish line, which is moreish....Chatted to me mate the weekend meself about trying to run a half again without stuffing me achilles up again....

On a tangent, had a bit of a result yesterday Doc, mate of mines a landlord of a pub, who happens to do a fair bit of trade with a local butcher, he only managed to get me 28oz 'T' bone for 5, which is about $7.5, picked it up, and oh was I happy....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
        There is a bit of a rush and sense of achievement when you cross that finish line, which is moreish....Chatted to me mate the weekend meself about trying to run a half again without stuffing me achilles up again....

On a tangent, had a bit of a result yesterday Doc, mate of mines a landlord of a pub, who happens to do a fair bit of trade with a local butcher, he only managed to get me 28oz 'T' bone for 5, which is about $7.5, picked it up, and oh was I happy....
        just start slow and easy.... walk before you jog...

t-bone for the win!

Comment

just start slow and easy.... walk before you jog...

t-bone for the win!
          I gets tendonitis if I do too much running, so I'm thinking of working on a plan to get enough stamina, without excessive running, not sure how or if it'll work out to be honest....

Oh yes, winner, winner, t-bone dinner....

Comment

I gets tendonitis if I do too much running, so I'm thinking of working on a plan to get enough stamina, without excessive running, not sure how or if it'll work out to be honest....

do you have the same issue if you do a heel to toe race walk?
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Oh yes, winner, winner, t-bone dinner....
              dear gods, we cant have you doing chronic cardio, now can we.... lol

Comment

• Did a Y workout today. Mostly shoulders and back. Did 3 sets of narrow and 3 sets of wwide grip pull downs... heaviest set was 200 lb. It wont be long before I'm doing my body weight, and I will probably switch to pull ups instead. Now if my bench press would keep pace with the pull downs....

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  do you have the same issue if you do a heel to toe race walk?
                  I don't really do race walking, do plenty of normal walking without any problems though....have got a couple of Mcdavid Achilles Tendon Support that I wear when running and have some heel wedges, but eventually it flares up again, I think its just wear and tear, but any advice is always appreciated.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  dear gods, we cant have you doing chronic cardio, now can we.... lol
                  Lol, serpently not sir, it bist unthinkable....

Did a Y workout today. Mostly shoulders and back. Did 3 sets of narrow and 3 sets of wwide grip pull downs... heaviest set was 200 lb. It wont be long before I'm doing my body weight, and I will probably switch to pull ups instead. Now if my bench press would keep pace with the pull downs....
                  Good gains on the pull downs though squire, I always said the bench press was overrated meself....have that problem with hamstring curls for some reason, can never make the gains there I did with other areas, the bodies a bizarre thing...

Comment

I don't really do race walking, do plenty of normal walking without any problems though....have got a couple of Mcdavid Achilles Tendon Support that I wear when running and have some heel wedges, but eventually it flares up again, I think its just wear and tear, but any advice is always appreciated.

Lol, serpently not sir, it bist unthinkable....

Good gains on the pull downs though squire, I always said the bench press was overrated meself....have that problem with hamstring curls for some reason, can never make the gains there I did with other areas, the bodies a bizarre thing...
                    you are probably right about the bench being over rated, but it is the "standard" exercise for upperbody strength... True statement about the body being a strange thing...

Comment

you are probably right about the bench being over rated, but it is the "standard" exercise for upperbody strength... True statement about the body being a strange thing...
                      I read somewhere that Monday should be renamed Benchday, as its normally the first day of the week people hit the gym and its everyones favourite....

Comment

I read somewhere that Monday should be renamed Benchday, as its normally the first day of the week people hit the gym and its everyones favourite....
                        lol... no lie that...

Comment

• I must be the only person who doesn't like benchpress...

Actually, I don't do benchpress. I've had rotator cuff surgery, and while I can do everything else with no problem, benchpress any greater than half my bodyweight causes extreme, lasting pain (as in, takes weeks to go away). I can listen to my body. Pain? Don't do that!

Any variety of overhead press, snatch, clean and jerk, pushups, dips, kettlebell swings, none of those bother my shoulder. I figure benchpress isn't all that important for me! If I end up flat on my back with a boulder or tree on my chest, I'll either push it off that one time, or Captain America will show up and pluck it off me.

Easy solution. Don't do 'em!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                            I must be the only person who doesn't like benchpress...

Actually, I don't do benchpress. I've had rotator cuff surgery, and while I can do everything else with no problem, benchpress any greater than half my bodyweight causes extreme, lasting pain (as in, takes weeks to go away). I can listen to my body. Pain? Don't do that!

Any variety of overhead press, snatch, clean and jerk, pushups, dips, kettlebell swings, none of those bother my shoulder. I figure benchpress isn't all that important for me! If I end up flat on my back with a boulder or tree on my chest, I'll either push it off that one time, or Captain America will show up and pluck it off me.

Easy solution. Don't do 'em!
                            yup.. pain is an indicator that you aint supposed to do whatever it is you were doing....

thanks the gods for CA....

Comment

• i am not a fan of bench press either. i always do dumbbell bench, not barbell bench as my right side is stronger than my left so it makes my left side work. very few women can do anywhere near half their body weight but i do feel it in my rotator cuff about about 35kgs if i do barbell. dumbbell i prefer to use slightly lighter dumbbells and go for full depth which is tucking then dumbbells into my arm pits almost. and there i do a pair of 13kgs dumbbells if i have to do 3 sets of 10. more if i have to do less reps.

Comment

• All this anti-bench talk 'ould start a riot on the fitness forum....

I just do press ups in various forms, to keep on top of me pecs to help the posture as I do quite a few chin/pull ups, as practically benching don't really achieve much, apart from averting me a pair of moobs....

Seas, I think uni-lateral stuff is always better for the stronger side point of view reason.

yup.. pain is an indicator that you aint supposed to do whatever it is you were doing....
                                Does that apply to soap operas, I can't watch them as they make my brain hurt....

Goldie, I'm with the Doc, pain is a sure fire signal that you're doing something you shouldn't be doing!

Comment

Working...
                                X