No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc, that is an awesome achievement. Well done!
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Top hombre marathon man, many congratulations, what sort of time did you manage to get round in? Speaking of rounds, I hope you replenished the spent energy in a suitable manner....

Lol, I take it your not planning to do any squats down the Y this week then?!
      My time was 6:54 and some change...

and I'm doing energy replacement today, in honor of St Patrick....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        Congratulations! You should feel very proud of your accomplishment.
        thanks... I do... twas the hardest thing I have ever done..

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
          Doc, that is an awesome achievement. Well done!
          Thanks Annie, appreciate it...

Comment

• Congratulations doc! If that didn't earn a beer or six, I don't know what would.

Comment

• Congrats on being able to finish and in a respectable time.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well done, Doc! My dad ran the NY marathon 30-some years ago... his first, and last one! He did it to check it off his bucket list. I did a marathon in Germany some time ago, hilly course but great weather. You prevailed under difficult conditions--congratulations!

After the beer and cider, I'd recommend bone broth, easy exercise, and plenty of sleep!

Comment

• woohoo!!!!!!!! well done doc xx I bet you are pleased with yourself. Epsom salt baths is my rec too. replenish the magnesium.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    OK.... it's official... I am now a marathon finisher! I have the medal to prove it! That was the single most physically challenging thing I have ever done.... it kicked my ass.... The day started with about a 15 knot wind, and the temps in the 40's. The wind never stopped, and the temp probably never got to 50. I was expecting it to get in to the 50's and the wind to be about 7 mph. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt, and fortunately I wore a fleece vest. To add to the pleasant experience, it started sleeting during the last 1/2 mile of the run. The conditions were miserable, but the crowds were awesome.

Would I do it again? Ask me next week when my legs quit hurting..... lol

Congratulations!

Very totally awesome!

Now would be a good time to indulge in a professional massage. And warm alcoholic drinks. You can even indulge in both at the same time if you know a massage therapist that does house-calls.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• There's got to be a PJ Harvey Rid of Me (lick my legs, I'm on fire) reference in there somewhere, surely? Anyway, WELL DONE. Amazing, wonderful achievement. Hope the apple juice tasted sweeter than victory and that the resulting headache isn't crippling.
                      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Great Job!! I am so impressed and I want to be just like you when I grow up, if I ever grow up. I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                          Congratulations doc! If that didn't earn a beer or six, I don't know what would.
                          To tell the truth, the day I finished, beer just didn't taste right, probably because I was too dry.... Cider on the other hand went down smooth as a baby's bottom....

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            Congrats on being able to finish and in a respectable time.
                            thanks... appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              Well done, Doc! My dad ran the NY marathon 30-some years ago... his first, and last one! He did it to check it off his bucket list. I did a marathon in Germany some time ago, hilly course but great weather. You prevailed under difficult conditions--congratulations!

After the beer and cider, I'd recommend bone broth, easy exercise, and plenty of sleep!
                              Had a couple of ciders today (St Patty's day, after all) and I was very sleepy all day. It feels good to get up and walk around... the getting up is a PITA, but it feels good to move. Tomorrow is a gym day, so I will get some work in then.. Thanks for the congrats... Not sure if I will run another marathon. This was a bucket-list check-off for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                woohoo!!!!!!!! well done doc xx I bet you are pleased with yourself. Epsom salt baths is my rec too. replenish the magnesium.
                                Thanks seas... yes, very pleased. Epsom salts bath sounds like a good idea....

Comment

Working...
                                X