Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    2 funny! I don't actually know. what I do know is we built a house out of it. cladding, flooring and beams. it is very beautiful and has a really pretty grain. pays to get the heart but that is usually expensive. unless I can work a way of towing a log down the hill in the dead of night. which I doubt. everything gets noticed going on around here.
    If you can make an adobe out of it, I'd have thought a kipper shouldn't be a drama, and if the grains as nice as you say it is, worth it, don't worry about getting noticed, call it doing your civic duty in getting it cleared! Is it possible to nobble some harness together and utilising the horse?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      we had two huge macrocarpa trees at the top of the road blow down in the gale this avo. narrowly missed my 13 yr old and the horse. she had gone up the road to collect the horse and had decided the tree was moving too much and making ominous creaking noises and the horse was not looking impressed so she took the horse back to the paddock. just as the tree made a huge crack and two of them fell down right beside her. a miss is as good as a mile in this case and I was very pleased she applied constructive thinking to assess the situation. you cannot really beat real life skills. when I went to check it out, the trees have two huge straight trunks. I am sure they will just cut right thru them to clear the road but the timber in there would be good. I was thinking of the four poster bed I could have made lol
      So glad she used her noggin and got home safe with the horse as well. Whose trees are they? They sure sound useful for something.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• hmmm... turns out its a type of cypress.... so it would be good for furniture.... it would need to be split, and dried before use... but totally useable for a bed...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          No, I don't think so.... I'm the only one...
          But of course you are

Will you share pics of the bed when done? I love the idea of making your own bed frame!
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I could use the truck to tow anything. the trees belong to one of the neighbours. hence why I doubt I would get away with a trunk. his great great granddad probably planted them. he was there with his bulldozer and another neighbour was there with his tractor before the official roading people turned up. they had a tree over a major road to clear so they just sent the man with road cones. the road is clear this morning but I haven't been up to see how it was cleared or what is left as it is the opposite direction to school. half the bay is all over the road too. I had to drive around piles of seaweed and sea debris to get the kids to school. we still have power and the wind has died down so I will brave the beach in the rain when I've got the last child to school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Would that be the best tour guide, yourself getting tuckered out with all the tramping
              Whoah, I want to go on a tramping tour!

Wait, are we using the word the same way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

*spits out coffee, clutches sides*
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Yup, it's a day lololol.

Comment

lol....

Comment

• ANOTHER frikin winter storm... yesterday we got rain/sleet mix, followed by snow... now the backwater road I live on is a friking icesheet.... yeah, I not going to work on that... Today the temps got up in to the balmy mid 30's, so most of the ice on the roads thawed... tonight its a misty rain with temps in the low 20s to mid teens..... yup going home is gonna be a blast!

If I see that damn overgrown gopher in PA, I'mma gonna throttle that sumbitch...

Comment

• Really cold (36F) and wet here also. Icky weather for Fat Tuesday. I went up and saw about three floats and a marching band, then came back to the warm. Lent has started.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          Really cold (36F) and wet here also. Icky weather for Fat Tuesday. I went up and saw about three floats and a marching band, then came back to the warm. Lent has started.
                          yeah, Im glad I'm not Catholic.... though one year I gave up Lent for Lent.... the only one I was succssful at...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            yeah, Im glad I'm not Catholic.... though one year I gave up Lent for Lent.... the only one I was succssful at...
                            Hmm I remember my first dip into vegetarianism was because of Lent. I think I must have been twelve? Now I agree with you of course.

Comment

Lolol....No, err yeah, err....now we need to find the place with the best tramps....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              ANOTHER frikin winter storm... yesterday we got rain/sleet mix, followed by snow... now the backwater road I live on is a friking icesheet.... yeah, I not going to work on that... Today the temps got up in to the balmy mid 30's, so most of the ice on the roads thawed... tonight its a misty rain with temps in the low 20s to mid teens..... yup going home is gonna be a blast!

If I see that damn overgrown gopher in PA, I'mma gonna throttle that sumbitch...
                              Sounds lovely....Throttle the bugger, got to take it out on summit!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Lol, uncanny that, wonder why that is....

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                              Hmm I remember my first dip into vegetarianism was because of Lent. I think I must have been twelve? Now I agree with you of course.
                              At least you learnt early, as long as the dip didn't last too long....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Lolol....No, err yeah, err....now we need to find the place with the best tramps....
                                youtube video

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                At least you learnt early, as long as the dip didn't last too long....
                                Well, er, I'm not known for being a fast learner. :/

Comment

Working...
                                X