Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    Oooh. Kangaroo steaks are fantastic. Very lean so cook hard and fast - serve very rare. I like wallaby too.
    Isn't wallaby a roo's "smaller cousin", so to speak?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      Isn't wallaby a roo's "smaller cousin", so to speak?
      Pretty much, but much smaller.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Pretty much, but much smaller.
        Does it taste similar?

On a tangent Doc, might have had a bit of a result, my best friend is head groundsman at a private school, got a knock on the front door and he had a cherry tree they'd chopped down in the back of his pick up, so I got a rake of logs of cherry for smoking, once the weather breaks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Does it taste similar?
          Yes, but milder somehow. Almost veal compared to beef, but not quite because the texture isn't softer, just finer grained.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Does it taste similar?

On a tangent Doc, might have had a bit of a result, my best friend is head groundsman at a private school, got a knock on the front door and he had a cherry tree they'd chopped down in the back of his pick up, so I got a rake of logs of cherry for smoking, once the weather breaks!
            thats awesome... hate for a good cherry to go to waste..

Comment

• OK.... it's officially on.... I just registered for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in May. I was kinda worried that I wasn't going to be able to get in, as the registration for another race in that series sold out in 9 minutes earlier today..... So, as the old George Jones song goes.... The Race Is On!

Comment

Yes, but milder somehow. Almost veal compared to beef, but not quite because the texture isn't softer, just finer grained.
                Partial to veal, so wallaby sounds like it would be okay.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                thats awesome... hate for a good cherry to go to waste..
                It's fair to say, I'm moderately happy....Now got thoughts of a woodshed, umm....

Comment

Partial to veal, so wallaby sounds like it would be okay.

It's fair to say, I'm moderately happy....Now got thoughts of a woodshed, umm....
                  lol.... any opportunity to play with your wood.... don't waste it...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    OK.... it's officially on.... I just registered for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in May. I was kinda worried that I wasn't going to be able to get in, as the registration for another race in that series sold out in 9 minutes earlier today..... So, as the old George Jones song goes.... The Race Is On!
                    Good man, hopefully you should still have the legs after the marathon.

lol.... any opportunity to play with your wood.... don't waste it...
                    LMAO, too right....

Was going to make a rather risque quip about hard woods, but refrained....

Comment

• I like playing with hard wood...

It really warms things up,
                      in the wood stove.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        I like playing with hard wood...

It really warms things up,
                        in the wood stove.
                        Lololol....glad to hear that P....and the harder the wood is the longer it'll last in the stove, I presumes....

Comment

• ignoring the wood jokes. very traumatic images here but that is another story!

Partial to veal, so wallaby sounds like it would be okay
                          we get wallaby out the back of waimate here in the south island. I know a few people who make trips out that way to go spotlight them. no one eats them as apparently they are all sinew. I have seen wallaby in the pet food shop ( which will just be hunted wallaby ) but have never been tempted to try it for that reason.

DD do you have a smoker? I still have one of my mate's fish smokers and need an excuse to find something to smoke? it's a hot smoker.

Comment

• Wood. It's been a long time. LOL
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Wood. It's been a long time. LOL
                              welcome back girl... LTNS....

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                ignoring the wood jokes. very traumatic images here but that is another story!

DD do you have a smoker? I still have one of my mate's fish smokers and need an excuse to find something to smoke? it's a hot smoker.
                                Wood jokes, what wood jokes....

I have Seas, got one of these, it's a hot smoker as well, don't think it's anything like the scale of the Docs, but it works!

welcome back girl... LTNS....
                                Full agreement....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Wood. It's been a long time. LOL
                                Can I add my welcome backs, good to see you back J.

Comment

Working...
                                X