No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corrupt or what! our dept of conservation has a habit of 1080ing everything and leaving it to rot. but yeah. I have always wondered why americans pay so much money to go trophy hunting here when you get deer there.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      actual. keep a sharp knife in your car. cut the throat when you hit it with the car. then you can dismember the unsquashed bits and stick them in the trunk.
      hahahahah right there in the middle of the highway Goldie !!!!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

actual. keep a sharp knife in your car. cut the throat when you hit it with the car. then you can dismember the unsquashed bits and stick them in the trunk.
        Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        hahahahah right there in the middle of the highway Goldie !!!!!!!
        Oh fer sure, I'll have Sweetie keep a lookout so I don't become the next roadkill!

After hitting a deer at >60mph/100kph I wonder how much of it would still be unsquashed?

Saw a moose roadkill on Sunday. Kind bloated looking, though, and lots of broken car bits all over the place. Too bad. I really like moose meat.

Comment

• you would lose the bruised bits and I guess you would need to hang the other bits to try to drain the blood. I do know someone who makes a huge deal about cutting the throat to bleed things out but that only works if it isn't already dead. even if you saved a back leg that would be a fair bit of meat. and no I am not really a hillbilly LOL I don't look like one

Comment

• I hit both of mine at 20-30 mph. I had to call the town to kill the first one. I'm sure one of the guys took it home.

The second jumped a guardrail skidded into my car doing $2500 in damage then ran off into the woods. The bitch.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I would have told him I would go him halves. I don't carry the gun around unless I am going hunting so I would absolutely hate to injure a deer as I would have to either wimp out and call back up or get the knife out myself. we're not allowed to shoot things on public roads anyways. or shoot guns without a permit to be hunting there or be on private land with permission. we'd get in more trouble for that than taking roadkill home. unless the roadkill was a native bird and then we have to hand it in to the local authorities or leave it to rot. another problem with being caught shooting things when you shouldn't is it becomes a criminal offence and you lose your firearms license. hence why I am incredibly precious about guns.

we're raping docs journal again and I cant even grease him up with some venison. altho I am reliably told that some of the americans who come here to trophy hunt send the meat back home as they are way slacker about what they allow in your country than we are.

Comment

• I was not there when they arrived.

I was due to proctor a test at school and couldn't miss it, so I duct taped my car together and continued on my way.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

I would have told him I would go him halves. I don't carry the gun around unless I am going hunting so I would absolutely hate to injure a deer as I would have to either wimp out and call back up or get the knife out myself. we're not allowed to shoot things on public roads anyways. or shoot guns without a permit to be hunting there or be on private land with permission. we'd get in more trouble for that than taking roadkill home. unless the roadkill was a native bird and then we have to hand it in to the local authorities or leave it to rot. another problem with being caught shooting things when you shouldn't is it becomes a criminal offence and you lose your firearms license. hence why I am incredibly precious about guns.

we're raping docs journal again and I cant even grease him up with some venison. altho I am reliably told that some of the americans who come here to trophy hunt send the meat back home as they are way slacker about what they allow in your country than we are.
                  Unless you're my proctologist... you're NOT greasing me up... thanks for the offer though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                    I was not there when they arrived.

I was due to proctor a test at school and couldn't miss it, so I duct taped my car together and continued on my way.
                    ohh the bazillion uses of duct tape!

Comment

• Unless you're my proctologist... you're NOT greasing me up... thanks for the offer though!
                      LOL you can do a lot with coconut oil you know! had to look up what proctologist meant as I'd never heard of one before.

Comment

I find it sort of interesting how customs and laws and stuff differ between us all, I'da reckon shooting a deer is still a hanging offence over here, without written permission from the Queen, not true, but the legislations over here makes it a PITA....

Nicked off Wiki:
                        UK deer stalkers, if supplying venison for public consumption, are required to hold a DSC1 (Deer Stalking Certificate 1) which incorporates meat handling and hygiene together with disease identification. Mainly a theory based course it does also test the stalkers deer identification and shooting ability. The more difficult DSC2 is the practical to the DSC1 requiring three kills, a post-mortem "gralloch" including examination of the animal's lymphatic system and a check for notifiable diseases. The stalker must put together a comprehensive portfolio of each stalk signed off by an "Approved Witness"
                        Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        Unless you're my proctologist... you're NOT greasing me up... thanks for the offer though!
                        To be fair, I think I'd prefer Seas greasing I up than some hairy arsed procto, not that I'm into being greased up mind....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          not that I'm into being greased up mind....
                          And another dream dies
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                            And another dream dies
                            Ahh, but it depends where me dear....

Comment

• I used to know a boy who was obsessed with Swarfega - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (he was the best friend of fiance number one though so I never got to experience what he said was a really, really good idea). I wonder if he ever persuaded a lassie to try.
                              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                                I used to know a boy who was obsessed with Swarfega - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (he was the best friend of fiance number one though so I never got to experience what he said was a really, really good idea). I wonder if he ever persuaded a lassie to try.
                                Now that sounds bizarre, hope he didn't progress to the upgrade tufanega....

Comment

Working...
                                X