Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be be a right chore, hey....
    yes someone has to do it and deer are officially pests here so I am even being environmental and green! I guess they would be organic, free range and grass fed too. it gets better all the time LOL wild venison is possibly my fave meat. beef would be a close second.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      yes someone has to do it and deer are officially pests here so I am even being environmental and green! I guess they would be organic, free range and grass fed too. it gets better all the time LOL wild venison is possibly my fave meat. beef would be a close second.
      Lol, what can you say, a martyr you be....and yer conscience must be as clean as yer plate after a portion of that lot....

Comment

• well we are descending into the depths of depravity and corruption here. the rug rats stole my stewed venison shanks! the whole lot I made for lunch and I had to heat up some more. i was stunned. so we are now on the slippery slope. they will be eating raw kina on the beach next

Comment

• the little blighters Seas- chain them to a post out the back, with nothing but bread and water !!!!!! that'ill learn em !!!!!!!!
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• that could be a plan as I had to fight them for the rest. After a long day out getting more bambi on just coffee and apples AND they had already had dinner LOL I have the bone saw out and am dismembering the legs to get the shanks off to make more! the dog has a foot. funny almost all dogs eat the soles of the deer feet first.

Comment

• gives a whole meaning to the term filet of sole......

Had an interesting weekend.... Saturday, as is our new habit, the wife and I went to the gym for our workout. As is my usual, I increased the weight the prescribed workout has posted, and do the max number of reps for each exercise. When we are done, my chest and shoulders are pretty tired. I have my exercise profile set up to be for upper body strength more than legs. Aftert he race next month I will probably change that. Anyway, on our way out I saw a class at noon called Kettleworx. I read the dscription, and it said it was a kettlebell techniques class... Cool! So I go back to the Y for the Kettleworx class.... turns out its an areobics class that uses kettlebells.... OMG! There were lunges, burpees, pushups, crunches, squats etc etc etc.... by the time the class was 1/2 way through my legs and ass were quivering like a bowl full of jello (it quivers anyway, but thats because it's fat... not from exertion)... The adductors of my thighs are fargin sore.... so sore that I blew off my run yesterday... I don't know if I will be going back to that class until after the marathon!

Friday, I grilled some NY Strip (not my favorite steak, but they were out of ribeye), roasted some new potatos, and made a salad. I scored big points for the most recent holiday.... On Saturday, the wife made the gluten free brownies in the Practical Paleo book.... If you like dark chocolate, these are not bad. They don't have the "normal" brownie texture, as they are much denser, but have a good chocolate flavor. Basically it is cocoa powder, coconut oil, a little coffee and maple syrup for a sweetner. The wife doesn't like dark chocolate. She says it tastes like dirt... I've always been a big fan of dirt... could be why I like it! We also had braised pork chops and sauteed zucchini. I love braised pork chops.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Had an interesting weekend.... Saturday, as is our new habit, the wife and I went to the gym for our workout. As is my usual, I increased the weight the prescribed workout has posted, and do the max number of reps for each exercise. When we are done, my chest and shoulders are pretty tired. I have my exercise profile set up to be for upper body strength more than legs. Aftert he race next month I will probably change that. Anyway, on our way out I saw a class at noon called Kettleworx. I read the dscription, and it said it was a kettlebell techniques class... Cool! So I go back to the Y for the Kettleworx class.... turns out its an areobics class that uses kettlebells.... OMG! There were lunges, burpees, pushups, crunches, squats etc etc etc.... by the time the class was 1/2 way through my legs and ass were quivering like a bowl full of jello (it quivers anyway, but thats because it's fat... not from exertion)... The adductors of my thighs are fargin sore.... so sore that I blew off my run yesterday... I don't know if I will be going back to that class until after the marathon!

Friday, I grilled some NY Strip (not my favorite steak, but they were out of ribeye), roasted some new potatos, and made a salad. I scored big points for the most recent holiday.... On Saturday, the wife made the gluten free brownies in the Practical Paleo book.... If you like dark chocolate, these are not bad. They don't have the "normal" brownie texture, as they are much denser, but have a good chocolate flavor. Basically it is cocoa powder, coconut oil, a little coffee and maple syrup for a sweetner. The wife doesn't like dark chocolate. She says it tastes like dirt... I've always been a big fan of dirt... could be why I like it! We also had braised pork chops and sauteed zucchini. I love braised pork chops.....
                Sorry for tardy attendance today, got the day off after spending 7 hours on a bus yesterday to go watch some rugby, armed with a gallon of energy drinks to stop it getting boring, needless to, my legs were quivering like jello as well, but for a different reason....Call me weird that kettlebell session sounds fun!

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                well we are descending into the depths of depravity and corruption here. the rug rats stole my stewed venison shanks! the whole lot I made for lunch and I had to heat up some more. i was stunned. so we are now on the slippery slope. they will be eating raw kina on the beach next
                Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                the little blighters Seas- chain them to a post out the back, with nothing but bread and water !!!!!! that'ill learn em !!!!!!!!
                Lol, kids today hey, always found the cat 'o' nine tails to be efficacious meself....

Gave those energy bars we talked about a while back a go, with the dates, pecans and stuff, oh my, you could get addicted to they....

Comment

• gives a whole meaning to the term filet of sole......
                  you could probably stick the feet in a pot and make wicked broth which would go like gelatin. the dog is happy tho and he needs to be kept sweet. stop him from sulking as he's not allowed out hunting still as the onga onga is still flowering. he was thinking about bailing up a seal with other day so he does need one of those sorts of outings soon.

Gave those energy bars we talked about a while back a go, with the dates, pecans and stuff, oh my, you could get addicted to they....
                  I've never made them with pecans for very obvious reasons. what I need to do is master the art of making the single serve and taking it for a long walk LOL I did see a recipe for pecan marzipan to go on a fruit cake the other day. since I can make a really really good raw fruitcake, the potential for disaster there was extreme.

Comment

I've never made them with pecans for very obvious reasons. what I need to do is master the art of making the single serve and taking it for a long walk LOL I did see a recipe for pecan marzipan to go on a fruit cake the other day. since I can make a really really good raw fruitcake, the potential for disaster there was extreme.
                    They were spot on, but I see what you mean, need to get the rest of the pecans out of the house meself....Best of luck with that with the single serving, reckons you'll need it....Pecan marzipan does sound dangerous!

Comment

• Seaweed, you make me want to go out and kill some deer. Due to hitting 2 in the last year with my new car, I would like to kill and eat them all. Too bad hunting season is over. I may actually take the hunting course next year.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Seaweed, you make me want to go out and kill some deer. Due to hitting 2 in the last year with my new car, I would like to kill and eat them all. Too bad hunting season is over. I may actually take the hunting course next year.
                        you just need a decent gun and the nuts to pull the trigger. i know someone who is related to someone who takes americans out trophy hunting and they are often apparently shocking shots and also scared of the guns. unsuppressed deer rifles sounds like anti tank guns in your ears so i much prefer guns with suppressors. they don't kick back as badly either. it all gets a bit theatrical if you get blown backwards down a bank in a huge puff of smoke and ear splitting banging ( yes it has happened LOL ) the meat version of that could be an option to start. there is a place near where G is going jet boating who takes people out. he has a dog like mine who is legendary. I'd love to go hunting with them just to see the dog hunting. he's 8 and does it full time for a job and does stuff like gets down on his belly and creeps if he sees a deer. my dog is as good looking but is 9 months old still. doesn't get as much practise and is very boisterous LOL. i got my stag with the big antlers as i had to commando crawl up a hill to get a good shot at it and the dog decided to play with me on the way up the hill. all the hinds stood up to watch instead of running away as they prob thought he was a crazy fawn. since the hinds weren't running away, the stag stayed put so i got him! meat hunt with them is usually approx. $500 so i cant afford or justify it. but then also when you think how much equipment, effort and fuel costs some people i know put into going hunting and don't get a thing, it could be the way to go.

Comment

• actual. keep a sharp knife in your car. cut the throat when you hit it with the car. then you can dismember the unsquashed bits and stick them in the trunk.

Comment

actual. keep a sharp knife in your car. cut the throat when you hit it with the car. then you can dismember the unsquashed bits and stick them in the trunk.
                            Whether or not you can do that depends on what (U.S.) state you live in. If you hit a deer with your car in Utah, a Division of Wildlife Resources officer has to examine the carcass to make sure you actually hit it and didn't just shoot it without a license.

Of course, you could dismember the unsquashed bits on the sly... but after I hit a 300 pound deer, I think I'd be more worried about my car than the possibility of venison!

Comment

• LOL i forget deer are a native species where you are!

Comment

• Yeah, and the state sells "tags" that give hunters permission to shoot 'em, during the season. If we could get our venison via car-strikes, the state would lose money!

Comment

Working...
                                X