No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job avoiding the chocolate and getting some rest.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Great job avoiding the chocolate and getting some rest.
      I did avoid all the "crap" chocolate that I bought for her work, I did give in to 2 squares of an 85% Godiva chocolate bar. Took care of that "itch". 85% is about as dark as I will go. Any darker and it is too bitter, to me anyway.

Comment

• I had some beef short ribs cooking in the crockpot overnight. I got home and they were done to tender perfection. I took the broth that they were cooking in added some celery, mushrooms, carrots and parsnip and an onion, and about 2 cups of cooked rice leftover from the weekend (the wife ate some, I passed on the rice) and made a beef and vegtable soup. It was pretty tasty. I also roasted a chicken in a dutch oven with some carrots and parsnips. So I have some pre-cooked food for the next couple of days. It is supposd to be nasty here. Snow and rain today, rain and a high in the low 30's. Yeah, driving to work tomorrow night is gonna be a slide-fest, I'm sure.

I'm taking the week off from running. I will run on Sunday, but I'm blowing off my 2 mid-week runs. My legs feel fine, but there are some tender-to-the-touch areas on my inner quads. I'm sure I could run without a problem.... I'm just using it as an excuse for laying around the house during this crappy weather... I will go to the gym a do a weight workout.

Am nearly finished reading "Starting Strength". I think in March I will add back squats and deadlifts to my workouts.

Comment

• Need to get some ribs off me butcher and try them, they sound right tasty....Don't blame you on the running, as long as you've convinced yerself, it's not an excuse....D'you reckon you'll get snowed off again, we got a months worth of the wet stuff in two days at the moment, marvelous?!

Books - reckon I'm going to get that Simple and Sinister Misabi's doing, I also reckon Convict Conditioning is out of print over here, as it's over 50 ($75ish) a copy on Amazon which is a bit harsh in my opinion, have found a book called Jailhouse Strong though, which looks a bit more of a bargain....

On a personal note, found a cure for me sciatica, thought bugger it yesterday and decided to knock out some kettlebell snatches after yesterday, best me back and legs have been for a good week, not really sure if it'll catch on....

Comment

• Lol, there ain't gonna be many mothers in the world who ain't done that, I'da reckon!!
            stuff all will admit up to it LOL I may go feral every now and then but I usually take the kids with me and we all have a party. consequently they know how to behave in public and oh yes my little girls don't act like precocious brats, cake themselves in makeup or do any other such dodgy activities very unsuited to well little girls.

I did some venison ribs in marinade. I roasted them but I so didn't like them. the dog got them in the end. he is ever so partial to venison ribs so it was a win win situation. I have yet to try beef ribs. the kids like pork ribs. my middle child as well has been stealing cold roasted gamey stag LOL I corrupted her by taking her to shoot a deer as she had to eat her deer and she then noticed how nice venison is. I am off on another armed offensive to get bambi this weekend as we are getting low.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              stuff all will admit up to it LOL I may go feral every now and then but I usually take the kids with me and we all have a party. consequently they know how to behave in public and oh yes my little girls don't act like precocious brats, cake themselves in makeup or do any other such dodgy activities very unsuited to well little girls.
              Lol, absolutely, to admitting it....Your kids would stand out roun' here then, some of the kids have got there own plasterer....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              I did some venison ribs in marinade. I roasted them but I so didn't like them. the dog got them in the end. he is ever so partial to venison ribs so it was a win win situation. I have yet to try beef ribs. the kids like pork ribs. my middle child as well has been stealing cold roasted gamey stag LOL I corrupted her by taking her to shoot a deer as she had to eat her deer and she then noticed how nice venison is. I am off on another armed offensive to get bambi this weekend as we are getting low.
              Same here with the beef ribs, rapidly going to the top of the todo list....Lol, you calls that corruption, not me....Bambi, thumper and co better beware then....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                Need to get some ribs off me butcher and try them, they sound right tasty....Don't blame you on the running, as long as you've convinced yerself, it's not an excuse....D'you reckon you'll get snowed off again, we got a months worth of the wet stuff in two days at the moment, marvelous?!

Books - reckon I'm going to get that Simple and Sinister Misabi's doing, I also reckon Convict Conditioning is out of print over here, as it's over 50 ($75ish) a copy on Amazon which is a bit harsh in my opinion, have found a book called Jailhouse Strong though, which looks a bit more of a bargain....

On a personal note, found a cure for me sciatica, thought bugger it yesterday and decided to knock out some kettlebell snatches after yesterday, best me back and legs have been for a good week, not really sure if it'll catch on....
                yeah, that Simple and Sinster looks appealing. I have seen the Jailhouse Strong book, but haven't really looked at it. Dang.. $75 for CC???? Wow that's high as a kite!

Good job on the sciatica cure!

Comment

Good luck on the bambi search... and good on ya for getting girlie to snag a bambi with ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    yeah, that Simple and Sinster looks appealing. I have seen the Jailhouse Strong book, but haven't really looked at it. Dang.. $75 for CC???? Wow that's high as a kite!

Good job on the sciatica cure!
                    Just ordered S&S, will probably go and order JS now as I'm on a roll, and yeah me sphincter clenched when I saw the price of CC....

Thanks on the sciatica cure, not intended, but hell I'll take it!

Comment

• My goodness, Dave. Your butt already looks good. The next pic from you will probably make us all pass out.

Sciatica sucks. Glad you found some relief. My chiropractor told me that when the sciatic nerve is inflamed, the worst thing for it is exercises like treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike. Good thing we Primal people are not into chronic cardio. He prefers things like squats to strengthen the core.
                      Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-13-2014, 04:47 AM.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        My goodness, Dave. Your butt already looks good. The next pic from you will probably make us all pass out.
                        Lol, in that case, a general warning will be issued before me posterior gets another airing, just to give you fair chance like....

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Sciatica sucks. Glad you found some relief. My chiropractor told me that when the sciatic nerve is inflamed, the worst thing for it is exercises like treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike. Good thing we Primal people are not into chronic cardio. He prefers things like squats to strenthen the core.
                        It do, felt like me right buttock and quad were being nail gunned....good chiro you got there!

Comment

• Lol, you calls that corruption, not me....Bambi, thumper and co better beware then....
                          2 funny. the kids dad is very picky. everything has to be bland and prepackaged. he does apparently like venison but we're talking farmed venison. I struggle to tell the difference almost between commercial beef and farmed venison almost as it is that flavourless compared to the wild stuff. once you get into the species, the age, the sex, the grazing where it lived etc. there is a whole range of depth of flavour. so my daughter happily eating cold roasted gamey stag is huge. usually me and the dog eat all the venison for breakfast and lunch. we force ourselves LOL

Comment

2 funny. the kids dad is very picky. everything has to be bland and prepackaged. he does apparently like venison but we're talking farmed venison. I struggle to tell the difference almost between commercial beef and farmed venison almost as it is that flavourless compared to the wild stuff. once you get into the species, the age, the sex, the grazing where it lived etc. there is a whole range of depth of flavour. so my daughter happily eating cold roasted gamey stag is huge. usually me and the dog eat all the venison for breakfast and lunch. we force ourselves LOL
                            Oh the horrors of having to eat venison for breakfast.... lol

Comment

The ex must spend his life dining on plates full of nothing....Gots to say, rather chomp on the veni, you the dog and the little un gets to!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Oh the horrors of having to eat venison for breakfast.... lol
                              Must be be a right chore, hey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                The ex must spend his life dining on plates full of nothing....Gots to say, rather chomp on the veni, you the dog and the little un gets to!

Must be be a right chore, hey....
                                Agreed on both counts

Comment

Working...
                                X