Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yesterday was sweltering here, 27C, I did water fight with my daughter yesterday to cool us both off. I gave up first, but she came out wettest, so I guess that's a draw. now it's cloudy and even raining off and on - crazy summer.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

    Comment


    • 27C sounds wonderful. We've got 35C today and 40C tomorrow
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
        daisy pic on the ass thread since you posted a tights pic! not quite as hot as a crusty old warthog in blue tights tho but then I don't fancy old ladies lol global warming is still doing its bit here. yet another not so nice day. yesterday did warm up quite well. typically as it was a public holiday and I got stuck inside taking everyone and then some to the swimming pool. we went hydrosliding which was a lot of fun.
        Must disagree... daisies beat a crusty old warthod regardless of the color of the tights!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Must disagree... daisies beat a crusty old warthod regardless of the color of the tights!
          Seas, just skipped over to have a squint at the daisyies, and I must agree with the Doc, yowza....Sorry Doc, but they shade it I'm afraid, then again you're probably glad to hear that....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Seas, just skipped over to have a squint at the daisyies, and I must agree with the Doc, yowza....Sorry Doc, but they shade it I'm afraid, then again you're probably glad to hear that....
            true that...

            Comment


            • Well, comparing seaweed to doc is like comparing apples to oranges. I like them both, but for different reasons.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Well, comparing seaweed to doc is like comparing apples to oranges. I like them both, but for different reasons.
                You and me both, I reckons....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  You and me both, I reckons....
                  probly the same reasons..... lol

                  Comment


                  • Overall, a pretty good weekend. Saturday was a gym day with the wife. We went and did a bit of lifting. Was a predominately a back and shoulder workout. Left feeling tired, but good. Ran a few errands. Went to Whole Paycheck and bought some cashews, and the to Trader Joes for some dates. Found some cashew meal. Looks like it will make a good breading for some fish... or maybe chickcen....

                    Sunday was a run day. Cold, with a bit of a breeze. Warmed up to about 44..... finished my longest run ever. Ran 28 miles. Legs are tired as hell. Not really sore, that will probably show up tomorrow. I ate some cashews and dates at each of my water stops. It seemed to help. So, it looks like I can finish a marathon distance. the question remains can I do it all at one stretch, without taking the 10 minute breaks every 4 miles.... Pretty sure I can... Time will tell. Only 5 weeks till the marathon. I promised myslf that if I finished the 28 mile run I would reward myself with 2 ciders.... I can't wait to get home from work!

                    Comment


                    • Holey moley Doc - that is huge. Very well done!!!!!! And you deserve more than two ciders !!!!!!
                      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

                      ...small steps....

                      Comment


                      • Congratulations - that's a fantastic achievement and you deserve your ciders.
                        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                        Comment


                        • far out that is definitely huge. 28 miles is a very long way. have as many ciders as you want after that!

                          Comment


                          • ^^^What all they said, fair play Doc, carbing up a bit with a cider does sound the go after that....

                            Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            probly the same reasons..... lol
                            Lol, abso-fikkin-lutely sir....

                            Comment


                            • studiously ignoring previous comment LOL

                              I was gonna say the theory I work on with alcohol is your body cant store it, it needs to process it as fuel. it is fine tuning as you need not to get dehydrated. so... yes. a cider powered marathon doc. could be fun if you can ever call that sort of marathon fun.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                studiously ignoring previous comment LOL

                                I was gonna say the theory I work on with alcohol is your body cant store it, it needs to process it as fuel. it is fine tuning as you need not to get dehydrated. so... yes. a cider powered marathon doc. could be fun if you can ever call that sort of marathon fun.
                                oh i've had a few alcohol marathons in my life..... some were funner than others...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X