No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan Races are awesome and SO MUCH FUN, in a very terrible way of course! I have done 2 Spartan Beast Races so far and I am hooked! Good for you for getting back on track! Looks like you have made good progress! Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by todayistheday View Post
      Spartan Races are awesome and SO MUCH FUN, in a very terrible way of course! I have done 2 Spartan Beast Races so far and I am hooked! Good for you for getting back on track! Looks like you have made good progress! Keep it up!
      Thanks.. I think I will start with a Spartan Sprint.. with the distances I am currently running, I'm not really worried about the length of the Beast... but the number of obstacles.... and the current state of my upper body strength.

Comment

• Speaking of distance running.... Sunday was a very nice day for a run... temps in the low 40's to start and got up to a balmy 62 degrees... compared to our recent temps, 62 is bathing suit weather! I wanted to get 28 done... got 16. I think I needs new shoes... by the end of the 16, my dogs were barking hard! So I will look in to a new pair. Now is the time to get them, so they will be broken in by the time of the marathon.

Went to the Y with the wife, we did a lifting workout. My next weight work out will be Tuesday.

The wife made cabbage rolls on Saturday. Used Napa cabbage instead of regular cabbage. Added shredded zucchini, carrot and rutabaga to the meat filling. The excess filling was made in to meat "muffins". Sunday the wife made a paleo snacks. They were dates with a whole pecan inside, wrapped in bacon. She wasn't a big fan but I thought they were the bomb!

Comment

• Have they pesky hounds quietened down yet, squire....I gots to admit, dates, pecans and bacon does sound an odd mixture, but I'll take your word that they was nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Have they pesky hounds quietened down yet, squire....I gots to admit, dates, pecans and bacon does sound an odd mixture, but I'll take your word that they was nice!
            Yes, the hounds have been heeled... and yes the dates were very tasty... I ate some for breakfast, and I thought they were better cold than warm, but warm was pretty nice too...

Comment

• the pesky hounds way up over on the hill are barking here. they bark lots. my dog sometimes gets inspired to join in which is very annoying. cabbage rolls sound divine. as do dates and pecans but my jewish blood fails on the addition of bacon. what was she thinking?! dates and any nuts are usually good. if you blend them up in a blender and add cocoa and then bits of chocolate. mix in a bit of melted coconut oil. you have perfect snacks for hiking with. we usually take some of them, some hard boiled eggs, some apples, a flask of coffee and some water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Yes, the hounds have been heeled... and yes the dates were very tasty... I ate some for breakfast, and I thought they were better cold than warm, but warm was pretty nice too...
                Might have to give them a go, just out of curiosity!

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                the pesky hounds way up over on the hill are barking here. they bark lots. my dog sometimes gets inspired to join in which is very annoying. cabbage rolls sound divine. as do dates and pecans but my jewish blood fails on the addition of bacon. what was she thinking?! dates and any nuts are usually good. if you blend them up in a blender and add cocoa and then bits of chocolate. mix in a bit of melted coconut oil. you have perfect snacks for hiking with. we usually take some of them, some hard boiled eggs, some apples, a flask of coffee and some water.
                That sounds tasty, I presume you make them into bars or balls or something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                  the pesky hounds way up over on the hill are barking here. they bark lots. my dog sometimes gets inspired to join in which is very annoying. cabbage rolls sound divine. as do dates and pecans but my jewish blood fails on the addition of bacon. what was she thinking?! dates and any nuts are usually good. if you blend them up in a blender and add cocoa and then bits of chocolate. mix in a bit of melted coconut oil. you have perfect snacks for hiking with. we usually take some of them, some hard boiled eggs, some apples, a flask of coffee and some water.
                  The recipe came form a book called "Practical Paleo"... it was an appetizer and it had bacon wrapped dates and bacon wrapped pineapple...

The dogs that were barking here were my feet. They were hurting from my run yesterday... barking dogs is 'Merican for sore feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    The recipe came form a book called "Practical Paleo"... it was an appetizer and it had bacon wrapped dates and bacon wrapped pineapple...
                    Ooh, I got me that book, will look it up later....

Comment

• That sounds tasty, I presume you make them into bars or balls or something like that?
                      balls usually.

LOL on the feet. yet another case of the different ways the English language is spoken!

Comment

• Our Dave posted in the booty thread! Nice!!!!

Doc?
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Doc?
                          yes time for another pic in tights!

Comment

• Yes pleeeezzzzeeee Doc, i so dont like to whine, but ........PLEASE, and if you have a wee g, that would be even better.......
                            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Honestly more is more in this case. Dave's pic was tasteful and funny. It showed his personality. I thought the other "gentleman's" g-string pic was gross. For the record, I would have felt the same if he was thin.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• i actually thought the other pic was a piss take. i didn't think it was really him. but yes. more is definitely more in this case. men in g-strings just don't do it for me. regardless of their physique.

Comment

Working...
                                X