Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    It was ending up in a ditch that made it unforgetable....

Lol, you ain't wrong, wouldn't be doing that with a head full of rum....
    ahh, yes ditch diving is an unforgetable experience....

no rum would be applied in that dive.. you for certain right...

Comment

• Hey doc, make sure you give us a final w30 report at the end of the week. I'm interested to hear of any effects you experienced.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• As far as the other goes.... getting tangled in seaweed may not be such a bad deal! I've seen the pics! lol
        you are so funny! and you know I really have been tangled in seaweed. it wasn't pretty. bull kelp around the ankle. coming up for air. you think you're almost there and you stop moving. I had to do a swift manual unravel on the foot and then keep going upwards. the worst bit was that feeling when you know you are almost on the surface and can breathe again and then stopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          you are so funny! and you know I really have been tangled in seaweed. it wasn't pretty. bull kelp around the ankle. coming up for air. you think you're almost there and you stop moving. I had to do a swift manual unravel on the foot and then keep going upwards. the worst bit was that feeling when you know you are almost on the surface and can breathe again and then stopping.
          That would've had me turning those crystal blue Kiwi waters a different colour, I can tell ee....

Doc, had me some brisket brining in the coolometer for the last week for to make some of the corn beef, like what you gets your side of the water, boiled it up last night, oh my goodness, am I a happy bunny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            That would've had me turning those crystal blue Kiwi waters a different colour, I can tell ee....

Doc, had me some brisket brining in the coolometer for the last week for to make some of the corn beef, like what you gets your side of the water, boiled it up last night, oh my goodness, am I a happy bunny!
            Sounds good DD... Though I prefer my brisket smoked... It's a Texas thing.... nothing wrong with corned beef though..

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              Sounds good DD... Though I prefer my brisket smoked... It's a Texas thing.... nothing wrong with corned beef though..
              Oh it's righteous, better than the tinned or packaged stuff we get! Do plan on smoking some when the 40 days (or nearer 140) & nights of rain are over....want to try me some burnt end, as well....

Comment

• Got some snow last night... about 8" worth.... the chickens are smarter than I am... they are staying inside!

DSCN2068.jpgDSCN2070.jpg

Had to shovel the snow away from the doors to get the houses open.... birds are staying inside today.... too cold, and they really don't like snow all that much... they eat it, but don't like walking around in it... can't say I would like walking in snow barefooted either!

Comment

Got some snow last night... about 8" worth.... the chickens are smarter than I am... they are staying inside!
                  Bist that the same 8 inches you told Joanie was 12, lol....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Had to shovel the snow away from the doors to get the houses open.... birds are staying inside today.... too cold, and they really don't like snow all that much... they eat it, but don't like walking around in it... can't say I would like walking in snow barefooted either!
                  They got more sense than you gives um credit for they chooks.... Those photos look spooky/etheral in that light!

Comment

• Yes, the storm stayed south of me this time.
                    Apparently the FL panhandle got 1/2 an inch and schools had to be closed.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Got out the shovel and cleared the parking pad for the car.... back and shoulder workout done, with a bit of cardio in for good measure... After the battery for the tractor charges, it will be time to do the driveway....

Comment

• Oh it's righteous, better than the tinned or packaged stuff we get
                        I love corned beef in tins. memories of my childhood. I never even knew you got it fresh and you boiled it till years after. my kids hate the tinned stuff so I never have it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                          I love corned beef in tins. memories of my childhood. I never even knew you got it fresh and you boiled it till years after. my kids hate the tinned stuff so I never have it anymore.
                          Same here on both counts, when we were kids we used to have for tea every Saturday, and a friend of mine used to make a sort of mash out of it with tom ketchup! Couldn't you sneek a tin into the house for a little tommy treat....

Comment

• I have a corned beef in my refrigerator that needs cooking. What a bother.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Day 30 of the whole30.... so far I have stuck to the plan, have eaten more nuts and dried fruits than I should, but have had no sweeteners, or dairy. I feel pretty good, but have that dry mouth that I used to get when I was in ketosis (aka Atkins diet). I know I haven't been drinking enough water, and that could be a big part of the dry mouth thing... Haven't lost as much weight as the first w30... about 7 lbs this time. My exercise has been off for the last 2 weeks, mostly because it is hard to run on ice and snow... and I really hate running on hamster wheels....
                              I did go to the Y for my first lifting appointment... I felt fine on Wednesday... started getting a little sore late in the day, and today I am a little more sore than yesterday... firkin crunches... and snow shoveling....

Still a butt load of snow... temps never got in to the 30's yesterday... last night it was 7.... yes 7 balmy degrees F...... today it is supposed to get in to the upper 30's.... I don't foresee a bunch of snow melt today.... Hopefully as it warms up a bit today the chickens will venture outside some.... very few brave souls headed outside yesterday... and I don't blame them....

Comment

Day 30 of the whole30.... so far I have stuck to the plan, have eaten more nuts and dried fruits than I should, but have had no sweeteners, or dairy. I feel pretty good, but have that dry mouth that I used to get when I was in ketosis (aka Atkins diet). I know I haven't been drinking enough water, and that could be a big part of the dry mouth thing... Haven't lost as much weight as the first w30... about 7 lbs this time. My exercise has been off for the last 2 weeks, mostly because it is hard to run on ice and snow... and I really hate running on hamster wheels....
                                I did go to the Y for my first lifting appointment... I felt fine on Wednesday... started getting a little sore late in the day, and today I am a little more sore than yesterday... firkin crunches... and snow shoveling....

Still a butt load of snow... temps never got in to the 30's yesterday... last night it was 7.... yes 7 balmy degrees F...... today it is supposed to get in to the upper 30's.... I don't foresee a bunch of snow melt today.... Hopefully as it warms up a bit today the chickens will venture outside some.... very few brave souls headed outside yesterday... and I don't blame them....
                                Congratulations! Seven pounds is pretty dang good, especially if you've been chowing down nuts and dried fruit.

Cold here also, but we've stayed in double digits. I think the coldest I saw was 25? 27? Something totally not NOLA weather. I agree on the hamster wheels. Whenever I've used one, I had to keep messing with the incline and decline just not to go stir crazy.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X