• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    some classy chappeaus there

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      The Aussie army use them. Husband somehow became parted from his. I, alas, have an unnaturally large head and although hats suit they frequently don't fit, but one day I shall splash out for a real deal.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

My brother got one, got it in the same place in Sydney as I got mine all those years ago, which was a fedora style Stetson!

Comment

That was an almost TMI moment there buddy! lol.... yeah the stare does a number on the grandkids.... knees quivering etc... doen't work so well on the wife though.. she just laughs at me..
          Lol, was a bit close, I must admit....I'd imagine the boss knows you tooooo well....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          There bist!

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          The Aussie army use them. Husband somehow became parted from his. I, alas, have an unnaturally large head and although hats suit they frequently don't fit, but one day I shall splash out for a real deal.
          I got a nugget like a medicine ball, but normally manage to find something that squeezes on, perservere me dear....Just had a quick look, and it looks like Akubra don't export to the UK.... Had a longer look and found a site called Elm of burford, they generally knock out at 125, whats the rate in oz BG?
          Last edited by Dhansakdave; 01-16-2014, 07:19 AM. Reason: Akubras!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            I got a nugget like a medicine ball, but normally manage to find something that squeezes on, perservere me dear....Just had a quick look, and it looks like Akubra don't export to the UK.... Had a longer look and found a site called Elm of burford, they generally knock out at 125, whats the rate in oz BG?
            I think you have to go into the shop to find out. I've not quite been brave enough yet.
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Nothing really going on here... got home late from work yesterday. Was helping one of the managers with some requirements for a qualification he has to get... took ALOT longer than I anticipated...

Did get home and cook a couple of boneless pork chops and bake some sweet potatos. Tasted the fermented beets/turnips. Not bad... very crunchy, a little sour/tangy, a little salty..... an aquired taste, as I have never really eaten fermented foods before...

Comment

• Sounds pretty damned good to me. All about the fermented foods.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  Sounds pretty damned good to me. All about the fermented foods.
                  They aren't something I have eaten.. I lead a sheltered life as a kid... certainly not primal.... I mean, pinto beans and cornbread was a staple when I was a kid.... and when my parents split, and mom went back to work.... I learned to cook.. Hamburger Helper was the bomb for a teenager with no culinary skills! Fermented foods were a whole different universe...... and then there was eating chow hall food... OK.. I will admit, I did learn to like some fermented foods as a young enlisted guy, but you can't live on beer.... the gods know I tried!

Comment

but you can't live on beer.... the gods know I tried!
                    Obviously not. You have to add in some cold pizza to get all your vitamins. Doesn't the navy teach you guys this stuff?

Comment

Obviously not. You have to add in some cold pizza to get all your vitamins. Doesn't the navy teach you guys this stuff?
                      I was with the Marines at the time..... I think that explains alot....

Comment

Hmmm, my brother seems to disagree with you there, he is in his 5th year of drinking beer, eating sausages and pizza as his staples... I'll tell you, you can do it but you have to live with a fat belly and the worst case of acne ever!
                        My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

I was with the Marines at the time..... I think that explains alot....
                          Ah yes. That does explain a lot. That said, the most fun I have ever had (while doing activities not including women) was hanging out with marines.

Comment

Ah yes. That does explain a lot. That said, the most fun I have ever had (while doing activities not including women) was hanging out with marines.
                            Same here. Pizza come stock with beer in the army, and now that they've halved our booze allowance, I can only imagine what that means for the pizza ration.

Comment

I think you have to go into the shop to find out. I've not quite been brave enough yet.
                              Ahh, they must be quite a sting then...

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              Obviously not. You have to add in some cold pizza to get all your vitamins.
                              J, you're a man wise beyond your years....

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                              Same here. Pizza come stock with beer in the army, and now that they've halved our booze allowance, I can only imagine what that means for the pizza ration.
                              Bummer, bleedin' defense cuts....

Comment

true that.... and female Marines.... *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X