No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya can't beat a good frolic, or backlash for that matter....just gots to pick yer frolicer and backlasher carefully....
    never a truer word spoken there! a frolic with the wrong backlasher is so no fun at all.

There are several of us doing the hard reset through the Whole 30 or other Paleo challenge. We will all be suffering the extreme withdrawal together. That should be fun...
    i struggle with doing this. when i have my backlash days, i think it is a good plan and then i remember the slow incidious weight creep on HFVLC that i managed to kick by peating without the sugar or coke. i could do hard paleo if it wasnt low carb i think but i would have to keep milk in my coffee and keep my potatoes. the potatoes i do eat arent modern ones so i reckon they are slower releasing sugars than sweet potatoes. i dont exactly eat loads either. not even daily. so yeah. we have one birthday in january and the rest of the time, i will be making an effort too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Happy New Year Gwamma! I love to frolic here. Docs journal has a unique set of groupies to say the least.
      And back to you Pebbles. Hope it was good, and heres to a much better 2014! Well i am hoping its better for those of us who need a better one !!!!!!!!!!!
      G x
      Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM.
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post

frolic, frolic, frolic!
        J they are the cutest little buggars - i think i would enjoy frolicking with them LOL
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          never a truer word spoken there! a frolic with the wrong backlasher is so no fun at all.

i struggle with doing this. when i have my backlash days, i think it is a good plan and then i remember the slow incidious weight creep on HFVLC that i managed to kick by peating without the sugar or coke. i could do hard paleo if it wasnt low carb i think but i would have to keep milk in my coffee and keep my potatoes. the potatoes i do eat arent modern ones so i reckon they are slower releasing sugars than sweet potatoes. i dont exactly eat loads either. not even daily. so yeah. we have one birthday in january and the rest of the time, i will be making an effort too.
          I don't agree that Paleo needs to be very low carb. I keep it lowish at 75 to 100 grams a day with fruit and starchy veg, because I am trying to fix some stuff. I was after all the OP on several "Eat Moar Fat" NK threads on here. In the end, I found that that very low carb level did not work well for me. In general I think it could be as high as you needed using fruit and starch. I just listened to a Wolf podcast in which he said the idea is to completely take out grains, dairy and legumes at first, but then some people could test to see if rice, dairy and legumes would work as a regular part of their diet. Gluten grains are not recommended, of course. I don't intend to add back dairy in general except for HWC and butter. I plan to use rice and regular potatoes periodically as well.
          Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-02-2014, 01:44 PM.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• i dont like rice so i dont miss it at all. well other than rice pudding made with aborio rice. legumes i have always hated, even when i was a vegan. i think it is high fat that also doesnt agree with me. by CW, i always thought you needed a g of fat a day per kg of body weight so that would be relatively low fat. all i do is avoid industrial vege oils and nuts and dont slather anything in butter or cream. i am absolutely useless at counting calories. i can do broad brush things like not eat grains for example but calorie counting i have never managed for more than a week without going insane. this is also why i have poss made it to my age with an intact metabolism. i do have no idea how many carbs i eat a day. i walk at least 6ks a day and i weight train and all that goes better if i eat things like fruit. i even get the whole when to eat carbs and protein wrong but i really dont care. not having to stress about food and feel righteous is quite priceless. we cant do gluten so total avoidance here. not worth cheating on that one.

Comment

There are several of us doing the hard reset through the Whole 30 or other Paleo challenge. We will all be suffering the extreme withdrawal together. That should be fun...
              yup... nothing says fun like "carb flu" lol.....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                I googled both of those, and they sound yummy! I love the idea of adding potato to a sausage.

I tried coconut oil when I ran out of half 'n' half, and I've never gone back. Maybe this would be something you could try for your whole 30?

frolic, frolic, frolic!
                I have done coconut oil in my coffee before... it left a "sweet" oil slick on top of of my cup.... not horrible, but not enjoyable either. I have learned to just take it straight, as it were...

hey look J is froliking nekid in my journal!

Comment

but a bad backlash is better than no backlash at all?

Maori potatoes are hard to come by here.... I did find a place that sells seed potatoes, but I haven't grown potatoes in a couple of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    J they are the cutest little buggars - i think i would enjoy frolicking with them LOL
                    G you're just a frolic-a-holic... lol

Comment

• i dont do backlashes unless they are fun LOL too old to do anything like that unless it is fun. maori potatoes are kinda an umbrella catch all name for all the varieties of potato which were here early on. and that the maori grew. so the ubiquitous long purple ones everyone knows about are but one of probably at least 40 odd varieties. i would hazard a guess that you can get many different very early varieites in the US. my rule of thumb is it needs to be pre- the red king. altho they will do at a pinch.

Comment

Absolutely, note to self, must try and get a frolic in....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        hey look J is froliking nekid in my journal!
                        Oh err, wanton nekidness, liking it....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        G you're just a frolic-a-holic... lol
                        Lol, there be worse things to be....

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                        And back to you Pebbles. Hope it was good, and heres to a much better 2014! Well i am hoping its better for those of us who need a better one !!!!!!!!!!!
                        G x
                        And fair play G, you could do with one!

Comment

• I was reminded of a friend of mine earlier tonight from an entry in another thread. Just out of curiosity, I did a Google search for them and the first entry was a photo of the person.... I haven't seen her in several years.... but the photo had the same effect on me that seeing her in person used to have..... wtf....

Comment

• Are you sure she is a friend?lol
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Are you sure she is a friend?lol
                              the very best kind.... she cooks lasagna!

Comment

• Went for a run this morning. Usually go on Sunday, but it's gonna be windy and rainy, so I braved the cold instead..... very little wind, temp was @ 28 when I started. I wore a fleece anorak over my 2 shirts. A nice, bright red one.... the last time I wore it, it was snug and I looked like a Beefsteak tomato.... today it fit fairly loosely, so I only looked like a Roma tomato.... I was planning on going 24 miles today..... the tank was empty at 12.... I am sorely disappointed.... next week I do a whole30 carb load before hand! I think that's part of why I crashed.... not enough carb dense veggie... try again next week....

Comment

Working...
                                X