Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ahhh, it's back to the normal grind.... Happy fargin New Year!....

    The last long run was supposed to go 16 miles, but only went 12, as the wind was up @ 15 mph.... kinda hard to run into a blow like that... so I cut it short. The Frogg Toggs worked great! I only wore the jacket, and it did a great job of blocking the wind, and kept out most of the rain. The proble with windbreakers is that they hold in heat as well as they block the wind, so I opend the jacket to let the heat out, but that lets the rain in. I stayed pretty comfy even with the wind and rain blowing, so the gear worked as advertised.
    The fat guy in the red suit left a GPS watch under the tree... and it works like a champ.... have already used it on a couple of runs. I compared the GPS distance to the Nike Fit app distance, and the app is off on both speed and distance. As it turns out, the markings I put on the road for disatnce were off a bit, but not nearly as much as the Ipod nano. Good info, that.

    As a New Year "resolution" (and to detox from the hollidays) I started a whole 30 on 1/1/14...... and the wife is onboard as well.... so, here's to fat burning for the New Year!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Hope all is well in docland!

      That breakfast sausage sounds like the mutts nuts....Fair play on the 16 miler after all that....was the rain gear up to scratch?
      Things here are swell... hope yours was a pleasant and happy holiday!

      The sausage was very good... I even fed it to the grands..... and they enjoyed it.... I ordered some spiced for a couple of different sausages last week. One of the is a landjager, the other a Swedish potato sausage.... can't wait to try them out...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        bloody hell Doc - 16 miles............ I hope that you are carbing up to be able to run all these miles !!!!!!!!
        I actually run most of my long runs on an empty stomach.... which makes me pretty frikin hungry by the end... the really long runs, I have started eating dates during the run which seems to help some.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          That sounds like a fantastic feast and gathering! I did have to google sauerkraut cake - who knew? But it sounds terrific.

          16 miles - you have my admiration as always.
          The wife found the recipe in an old cookbook she got back in the late 70's, and we made it primarily as a joke. Fed it to the grandkinds and they enjoyed it..... then we told them what was in it.... There is such a small amout of kraut in the cake you can't taste it. It was a nice dark chocolate, and it had a boiled icing on it. The icing was pretty interesting... kinda looked like mucus... or a white colored Nickelodeon slime.... it was pretty funny...

          Comment


          • Whole 30 - good on you (and wife). I just cannot quit dairy. Alcohol, in a push, but never dairy. I was the world's worst vegan (lasted less than a day). Bravo, sir.
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              Whole 30 - good on you (and wife). I just cannot quit dairy. Alcohol, in a push, but never dairy. I was the world's worst vegan (lasted less than a day). Bravo, sir.
              Thank you kind lady... I could never do the vegan/vegetarian thing either.... I love the taste of beef waaaaay to much.. and the thought of tofu bacon just is disturbing on so many levels!

              Quiting dairy is a bit of a strain but not unbearable, as I love to have cream in my coffee, and I do enjoy a bite of cheese every now and again. I haven't been a big milk drinkeer in years and have only started eating yogurt in the last year or so. The alcohol isn't that hard to stop as I don't drink nearly like I used to... though my taste for scrumpy has certainly picked up of late... I shall place the blame directly at the feet of DD for introducing my palate to his "energy drinks"!

              Comment


              • Fair call on the Froggs, used to find the same heat thing with my cycling waterproofs!

                Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Things here are swell... hope yours was a pleasant and happy holiday!

                The sausage was very good... I even fed it to the grands..... and they enjoyed it.... I ordered some spiced for a couple of different sausages last week. One of the is a landjager, the other a Swedish potato sausage.... can't wait to try them out...
                T'was good thanks, better than going to work by a good bit, great to be back at work innit, err....If the kids will eat um, they gots to be good!

                Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Whole 30 - good on you (and wife). I just cannot quit dairy. Alcohol, in a push, but never dairy. I was the world's worst vegan (lasted less than a day). Bravo, sir.
                Fair play, you lasted longer than I ever could!

                Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Thank you kind lady... I could never do the vegan/vegetarian thing either.... I love the taste of beef waaaaay to much.. and the thought of tofu bacon just is disturbing on so many levels!
                I agree with all of that....

                Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                The alcohol isn't that hard to stop as I don't drink nearly like I used to... though my taste for scrumpy has certainly picked up of late... I shall place the blame directly at the feet of DD for introducing my palate to his "energy drinks"!
                Guilty as charged, governor, prepared to face whatever punishment I'm given....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  Fair call on the Froggs, used to find the same heat thing with my cycling waterproofs!



                  T'was good thanks, better than going to work by a good bit, great to be back at work innit, err....If the kids will eat um, they gots to be good!



                  Fair play, you lasted longer than I ever could!



                  I agree with all of that....



                  Guilty as charged, governor, prepared to face whatever punishment I'm given....
                  no punishment... I'm just avoiding personal responsibility.... I'm a guy... It's what we do! lol

                  Comment


                  • happy new year boyz and all the gals who frolic within these confines............... yes I can but imagine the backlash that that comment will create........................bring it on...............
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

                    ...small steps....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      happy new year boyz and all the gals who frolic within these confines............... yes I can but imagine the backlash that that comment will create........................bring it on...............
                      No backlash from me... I prefer frolicking with gals...... but whatever blows air up your kilt...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        no punishment... I'm just avoiding personal responsibility.... I'm a guy... It's what we do! lol
                        Word, my man, word....

                        Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                        happy new year boyz and all the gals who frolic within these confines............... yes I can but imagine the backlash that that comment will create........................bring it on...............
                        Ya can't beat a good frolic, or backlash for that matter....just gots to pick yer frolicer and backlasher carefully....

                        Oh, and you G!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          Ya can't beat a good frolic, or backlash for that matter....just gots to pick yer frolicer and backlasher carefully....

                          Oh, and you G!
                          Good call!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            happy new year boyz and all the gals who frolic within these confines............... yes I can but imagine the backlash that that comment will create........................bring it on...............
                            Happy New Year Gwamma! I love to frolic here. Docs journal has a unique set of groupies to say the least.
                            Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-02-2014, 07:47 AM.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              As a New Year "resolution" (and to detox from the hollidays) I started a whole 30 on 1/1/14...... and the wife is onboard as well.... so, here's to fat burning for the New Year!
                              There are several of us doing the hard reset through the Whole 30 or other Paleo challenge. We will all be suffering the extreme withdrawal together. That should be fun...
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                Things here are swell... hope yours was a pleasant and happy holiday!

                                The sausage was very good... I even fed it to the grands..... and they enjoyed it.... I ordered some spiced for a couple of different sausages last week. One of the is a landjager, the other a Swedish potato sausage.... can't wait to try them out...
                                I googled both of those, and they sound yummy! I love the idea of adding potato to a sausage.

                                Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                Quiting dairy is a bit of a strain but not unbearable, as I love to have cream in my coffee, and I do enjoy a bite of cheese every now and again.
                                I tried coconut oil when I ran out of half 'n' half, and I've never gone back. Maybe this would be something you could try for your whole 30?

                                Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                                happy new year boyz and all the gals who frolic within these confines............... yes I can but imagine the backlash that that comment will create........................bring it on...............
                                frolic, frolic, frolic!
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                                B*tch-lite

                                Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X