Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
    I'm glad you think so. I'm still in two minds about it.
    Don't be, it's genius, Damien Hirst has made a fortune out of making stuff like that!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Ems are some interesting sausages.... That ground meat book had some recipes for ground kidney and heart sausages.... probably very similar..
    They're right tasty, and the ones you mentioned sound it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Don't be, it's genius, Damien Hirst has made a fortune out of making stuff like that!
      I don't expect to make a fortune but at least I'm not worried about "vomiting among the visitors". They may or may not be entranced, but at least they won't be revolted.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
        I don't expect to make a fortune but at least I'm not worried about "vomiting among the visitors". They may or may not be entranced, but at least they won't be revolted.
        You'd hope they wouldn't be, wouldn't you....

Comment

• Annieh, Cool tree!

We put up a minimum this year as well. No outdoor decorations because we are going to Florida. Too obvious that we are not home if we had put them on this week and then not next week.

DD - I love trying to decipher your language. Faggots, huh? That is not a politically correct term in the US.

Doc - You sound busy, but content. Nice to hear your weekend reports.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            We put up a minimum this year as well. No outdoor decorations because we are going to Florida. Too obvious that we are not home if we had put them on this week and then not next week.
            And if you're not there, it's not as if you can appreciate um....

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            DD - I love trying to decipher your language. Faggots, huh? That is not a politically correct term in the US.
            Don't no what you mean, I speaks the queensEnglish me, errr....Yeah, the terms somewhat known over here, an un-PC term for those who's bedroom activities make eye to eye contact awkward....

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            Doc - You sound busy, but content. Nice to hear your weekend reports.
            He crams more into a weekend than most do in a months worth, I reckons!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Yeah, the terms somewhat known over here, an un-PC term for those who's bedroom activities make eye to eye contact awkward.
              Well, that's one way to "look" at it.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yeah, the terms somewhat known over here, an un-PC term for those who's bedroom activities make eye to eye contact awkward....
                someone once told me that useage originates from the fact they used to burn gay people years back. i dont know how true that is. i didnt realise the food variety was made like that. were they pork? i tried a pork kidney once and it was wierd crunchy. same kidney flavour. quite strange. i avoid pigs organs generally as we dont get free range ones and wild ones i dont know about parasites. or that is my excuse and i am sticking with it. residual jewish blood is my other excuse i fall back on.

i read they only closed the public roads for lap practise at the TT in 1927 after someone collided with a member of the public and got killed. if you look at the old 1920s motorcycles, well even ones in the '40s, it must have been mental. they prob also have a huge party after as they are still alive. nothing like almost dying to make you want to party!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Sunday was a bit on the breezy side, a little cool and cloudy. As the morning wore on the sun came out and it warmed up to the low 50's. I ran for 20 miles, as measured by my road marks, and 24.4 miles by Nike Fit.... This is the farthest I have ever run in my life, and it puts the marathon distance firmly in my abilities. My plan is to run 6 4-mile segments in January, and 7 segments in February, and the marathon is in March..... so as long as nothing catastrophic happens, I should meet my goal. I am surprised at how my legs feel today. They are sore, and tired, but I'm not walking around like an old crippled man. In fact, my back and my feet hurt far worse than my legs ever did. I also discovered dates (the fruit, not the activity) as an energy source. Very sweet, almost too sweet, but their flavor is awesome. I have tried those Gatorade gels, and I prefer the dates. The flavor is better, and they aren't such a huge "sugar shot", like taking a swig of corn syrup...... I think I will be getting some whole dates and carry them in a pouch for the marathon, along with the salt capsules I use.

Overall, a pretty good weekend.
                  Dang, Doc - you are doing so great! The dates are a great idea.

Annie, I love your tree!
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Dang, Doc - you are doing so great! The dates are a great idea.

Annie, I love your tree!
                    Thanks Joanie.

Comment

• Sunday was a bit on the nippy side, the wife made a vegatable- ground beef soup, which is filling and tasty and good for ya, even though I do enjoy it with a bit of cornbread crumbled up in it, I think I am going to venture in to the ground meat cookbook I mentioned. I was flipping through it today, and I saw a bacon, pork and chicken soup. OOK, it has bacon in it... I'm already liking this idea, and I have 4 chicken thighs I need to cook, so tomorrow I will be frying the bacon, and browning the chicken in the bacon fat, cooking all of it together with some spices and a few veggies to make a soup. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Packaged up all the "out of town" Christmas presents and will mail them out Tuesday......

Talked to my youngest today. It seems he and his pregnant girlfriend are planning to get married... Justice o the Peace wedding, party planned for later. He also volunteered to come up and play the part of "road support" for my marathon in March...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Well, that's one way to "look" at it.
                        Lol, absolutely....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        someone once told me that useage originates from the fact they used to burn gay people years back. i dont know how true that is. i didnt realise the food variety was made like that. were they pork? i tried a pork kidney once and it was wierd crunchy. same kidney flavour. quite strange. i avoid pigs organs generally as we dont get free range ones and wild ones i dont know about parasites. or that is my excuse and i am sticking with it. residual jewish blood is my other excuse i fall back on.
                        It is genrally pork, but it can vary from butcher to butcher recipe wise, my local man sells hundreds per week, but they got some things in I don't touch anymore, much to my chagrin.....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        i read they only closed the public roads for lap practise at the TT in 1927 after someone collided with a member of the public and got killed. if you look at the old 1920s motorcycles, well even ones in the '40s, it must have been mental. they prob also have a huge party after as they are still alive. nothing like almost dying to make you want to party!
                        Too bloody right, nothing like a good staying alive to get the party juices flowing....Some of the crashes are unbelievable!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        Sunday was a bit on the nippy side, the wife made a vegatable- ground beef soup, which is filling and tasty and good for ya, even though I do enjoy it with a bit of cornbread crumbled up in it, I think I am going to venture in to the ground meat cookbook I mentioned. I was flipping through it today, and I saw a bacon, pork and chicken soup. OOK, it has bacon in it... I'm already liking this idea, and I have 4 chicken thighs I need to cook, so tomorrow I will be frying the bacon, and browning the chicken in the bacon fat, cooking all of it together with some spices and a few veggies to make a soup. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Packaged up all the "out of town" Christmas presents and will mail them out Tuesday......

Talked to my youngest today. It seems he and his pregnant girlfriend are planning to get married... Justice o the Peace wedding, party planned for later. He also volunteered to come up and play the part of "road support" for my marathon in March...
                        Fair play to the young un, in all of that, good on him, hope there was no shotgun involved in the wedding....Must look for that book, pork, bacon and chook in one meal, hallelujah!

Comment

• Some of the crashes are unbelievable!
                          there's a list somewhere on the net of all the fatalities. but then if you see the speeds they go and the obstacles to crash into. you can see why crashing is not really an option for survival.

Must look for that book, pork, bacon and chook in one meal, hallelujah!
                          we once ended up with bacon, eggs and chicken breast as there was nothing else to eat in the fridge. that was nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            there's a list somewhere on the net of all the fatalities. but then if you see the speeds they go and the obstacles to crash into. you can see why crashing is not really an option for survival.

we once ended up with bacon, eggs and chicken breast as there was nothing else to eat in the fridge. that was nice.
                            Yup, it's fair to say they don't normally walk away.... doing about +125mph down lanes about 15' wide with stone walls either side generally lends itself to a visit to the morgue....I could survive on that fridge....

Comment

• my kids yell frequently about there being no food in the house. we have bambi in the freezer, paua, crayfish, blue cod, white bait, wild pork, some home killed hogget. plus veges, potatoes and eggs and cheese. but OMG we are starving LOL bacon and chicken i dont have that often i dont really like bacon but dont tell anyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                my kids yell frequently about there being no food in the house. we have bambi in the freezer, paua, crayfish, blue cod, white bait, wild pork, some home killed hogget. plus veges, potatoes and eggs and cheese. but OMG we are starving LOL bacon and chicken i dont have that often i dont really like bacon but dont tell anyone!
                                You can live like royalty with that lot kicking about.....your secrets safe with me on the bacon, I think I might have mentioned it a few hundred times before, but I'm the same with cheese....

Comment

Working...
                                X