Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    And me, and me, err....
    yes, no doubt, there are some that think you are a right decent fellow... present company included... lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      yes, no doubt, there are some that think you are a right decent fellow... present company included... lol
      Lol, thanks, that's at least one then....

      Comment


      • Make it two.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

        B*tch-lite

        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

        Comment


        • holycrap... what a busy weekend.... Saturday was all about Christmas shopping... and it is all done, sorted, stacked, and ready for wrapping. The tree is up, and decorated. Wife isn't interested in decking the halls in out normal fashion, se we are going the "minimalist" route this year. And I'm OK with that.... just less crap for me to re-pack and carry back up to the attic.....

          Sunday was a bit on the breezy side, a little cool and cloudy. As the morning wore on the sun came out and it warmed up to the low 50's. I ran for 20 miles, as measured by my road marks, and 24.4 miles by Nike Fit.... This is the farthest I have ever run in my life, and it puts the marathon distance firmly in my abilities. My plan is to run 6 4-mile segments in January, and 7 segments in February, and the marathon is in March..... so as long as nothing catastrophic happens, I should meet my goal. I am surprised at how my legs feel today. They are sore, and tired, but I'm not walking around like an old crippled man. In fact, my back and my feet hurt far worse than my legs ever did. I also discovered dates (the fruit, not the activity) as an energy source. Very sweet, almost too sweet, but their flavor is awesome. I have tried those Gatorade gels, and I prefer the dates. The flavor is better, and they aren't such a huge "sugar shot", like taking a swig of corn syrup...... I think I will be getting some whole dates and carry them in a pouch for the marathon, along with the salt capsules I use.

          Overall, a pretty good weekend.

          My daughter sent over a couple of books Friday. One of them is called "From the Ground Up", and it is a book of recipes using ground meats. Beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, all kind of meat. It is divied in to appetizers, soups, casseroles etc. Lots of good ideas, and I think I will be trying some of them. The other book is called "Salt, Smoke Sugar". It is all about preserving food using salt, sugar, smoke, it also talks about using oil and alcohol for preserving food. Some of the food combinations the author writes about at very interesting.... many of which I would never have considered. Of the 2 books, I think I prefer the ground meat book......

          I also soaked the Canadian bacon I had curing on Sunday. It goes back in to the fridge for a couple of days, then I can cut it into sections and vacuum pack it. Next up is sausage.... I'm thinking of making an Irish breakfast sausage for Christmas. Have to pull out my venison sausage book and find an interesting one to do. Maybe find on in the daughter's wee book...... So many posibilities.....

          Comment


          • So many posibilities
            And not enough time to do them all!

            Fair play on the scamper squire, the jobs a good un, just got to keep the miles in your legs now, did you wear your new running suit?! Might look into they books, they sound interesting

            Went to a farmers market on Saturday, I could've put meself in the poorhouse there, the meat was awesome, not a word I use lightly.... But a leg of lamb, 4 chook legs, 2 lamb shanks, a lump of cows arse, 2 gluten free faggots, 6 gluten free chilli and garlic sausages and 5 litres of farmhouse scrumpy, should keep me fed for the week.....

            Oh and when it comes to crimble decoration, minimalist is always good....bah humbug....

            Comment


            • unreal run doc! we need a pic of the new running suit LOL what is a gluten free faggot DD? farmhouse scrumpy sounds very yummy indeed. still getting over the rum here so i havent gotten near another drop of anything other than water or coffee. i took the kids to an exhibition at the museum about the history of the motorcycle at the weekend. there was a movie playing where they strap a camera to the front of a race bike and go around the isle of man TT. i saw one years and years ago. V4 victory i think it was. joey dunlop. that made me feel sick. but this one was worse. my youngest made me sit and watch it with her. i was motion sick for a good 30 mins after. there was a britten there too, such unreal motorcycles. i've only ever seen one racing before and in the pits so getting to actually look at it close up was quite something. such a tragedy he died so young. and yes. minimal on the xmas decorations. less for the dog to dismantle and, as it is sposed to be hot here ( pointed stare at the weather outside as it is hosing down and i have the fire on!) the xmas tree moults and anything real wilts usually.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                And not enough time to do them all!

                Fair play on the scamper squire, the jobs a good un, just got to keep the miles in your legs now, did you wear your new running suit?! Might look into they books, they sound interesting

                Went to a farmers market on Saturday, I could've put meself in the poorhouse there, the meat was awesome, not a word I use lightly.... But a leg of lamb, 4 chook legs, 2 lamb shanks, a lump of cows arse, 2 gluten free faggots, 6 gluten free chilli and garlic sausages and 5 litres of farmhouse scrumpy, should keep me fed for the week.....

                Oh and when it comes to crimble decoration, minimalist is always good....bah humbug....
                Because it was in the 40's I wore a shortsleeve shirt, a long sleeve shirt, and a pair of long tights, and because of the wind a light rain jacket and gloves, and a wool cap.... All of the shirts and pants are wicking material that pulls the sweat away....

                Sounds like some serious groceries you nabbed there... though I'm not sure what the faggots are... I thought that what you called cigarrettes, which it doen't surprise me they are gluten free...

                Second the Bah humbug.....

                Comment


                • Doc, great training run!!! A marathon is a very worthy goal.

                  Minimalism seems to be a trend this year. After finding sap still on the ceiling from last year's Christmas tree I decided not to risk adding to it but to create our own outdoor tree from driftwood instead. To my great surprise and delight my dh got on board and we made a family outing to collect the materials, then he drilled holes in them while I stacked them onto a rusty old pole. It's got the rustic look I was initially after but now I'm thinking it's still a little TOO minimalistic. Given the unfortunate forecast for Christmas Day, I'm wracking my brains for durable outdoor decorations.

                  the raw materials:


                  the bare tree:
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    unreal run doc! we need a pic of the new running suit LOL what is a gluten free faggot DD? farmhouse scrumpy sounds very yummy indeed. still getting over the rum here so i havent gotten near another drop of anything other than water or coffee. i took the kids to an exhibition at the museum about the history of the motorcycle at the weekend. there was a movie playing where they strap a camera to the front of a race bike and go around the isle of man TT. i saw one years and years ago. V4 victory i think it was. joey dunlop. that made me feel sick. but this one was worse. my youngest made me sit and watch it with her. i was motion sick for a good 30 mins after. there was a britten there too, such unreal motorcycles. i've only ever seen one racing before and in the pits so getting to actually look at it close up was quite something. such a tragedy he died so young. and yes. minimal on the xmas decorations. less for the dog to dismantle and, as it is sposed to be hot here ( pointed stare at the weather outside as it is hosing down and i have the fire on!) the xmas tree moults and anything real wilts usually.
                    The tights I wore were the ones in the pic I posted earlier....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      Doc, great training run!!! A marathon is a very worthy goal.

                      Minimalism seems to be a trend this year. After finding sap on the ceiling from last year's Christmas tree I decided not to risk adding to it but to create our own outdoor tree from driftwood instead. To my great surprise and delight my dh got on board and we made a family outing to collect the materials, then he drilled holes in them while I stacked them onto a rusty old pole. It's got the rustic look I was initially after but now I'm thinking it's still a little TOO minimalistic. Given the unfortunate forecast for Christmas Day, I'm wracking my brains for durable outdoor decorations.

                      the raw materials:


                      the bare tree:
                      That is an awesome idea!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        unreal run doc! we need a pic of the new running suit LOL what is a gluten free faggot DD? farmhouse scrumpy sounds very yummy indeed. still getting over the rum here so i havent gotten near another drop of anything other than water or coffee. i took the kids to an exhibition at the museum about the history of the motorcycle at the weekend. there was a movie playing where they strap a camera to the front of a race bike and go around the isle of man TT. i saw one years and years ago. V4 victory i think it was. joey dunlop. that made me feel sick. but this one was worse. my youngest made me sit and watch it with her. i was motion sick for a good 30 mins after. there was a britten there too, such unreal motorcycles. i've only ever seen one racing before and in the pits so getting to actually look at it close up was quite something. such a tragedy he died so young. and yes. minimal on the xmas decorations. less for the dog to dismantle and, as it is sposed to be hot here ( pointed stare at the weather outside as it is hosing down and i have the fire on!) the xmas tree moults and anything real wilts usually.
                        Faggots are an aquired taste, these are the first gluten free ones I've found, my brother calls them buffalo bogies....Had a few beakers of the scrump Saturday neet, it was ding dong....

                        They TT racers are as mad as meataxe, going at those speeds along country lanes, nuts, it is one massive party though!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          That is an awesome idea!
                          I'm glad you think so. I'm still in two minds about it.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            Faggots are an aquired taste, these are the first gluten free ones I've found, my brother calls them buffalo bogies....Had a few beakers of the scrump Saturday neet, it was ding dong....

                            They TT racers are as mad as meataxe, going at those speeds along country lanes, nuts, it is one massive party though!
                            Ems are some interesting sausages.... That ground meat book had some recipes for ground kidney and heart sausages.... probably very similar..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                              I'm glad you think so. I'm still in two minds about it.
                              Just put a string of light on it and it will be right as rain! Hang some shells for ornaments, and kelp strands for tinsel! A truly organic tree....

                              Comment


                              • Daren't risk lights, we're liable to get rain. I thought of ivy but if we get blistering sun it will shrivel in a most unattractive way. I didn't think of kelp, being already unattractive IMO

                                Shells are a great idea though, I might even spraypaint them for a more vibrant look.
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X