No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Wikipedia: Fleming was a heavy smoker and drinker who suffered from heart disease; he died in 1964, aged 56, from a heart attack.

I gather from the reading I have done - none of the Bond novels, but loads of Mitford stuff - that Fleming, Xan Fielding and Paddy Leigh Fermor pretty much lived the dream.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-13-2013, 12:21 AM.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• bloody hell - he almost looks like the missing link with all that hair !!!!!!!!!
      my poor 12 yr old dd was running around yelling yuck. i so almost closed my eyes and clicked back a few pages to get her back for lecturing me LOL you see i dont mind sean connery. i could also put booze in my coffee xmas morning but i am thinking i will have to drive lots. we go visit so we can escape. the problem with living the dream is the effect it has after a while and i am sure it stops being fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        I have Baileys in my coffee on crimbo morn. It's a tradition. My tradition.
        Gotta love tradition!

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          bloody hell - he almost looks like the missing link with all that hair !!!!!!!!!
          Gots to remember Sean Canary's from the land of the celt, it gets a bit fresh up there, so the hair was good insulation....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          From Wikipedia: Fleming was a heavy smoker and drinker who suffered from heart disease; he died in 1964, aged 56, from a heart attack.

I gather from the reading I have done - none of the Bond novels, but loads of Mitford stuff - that Fleming, Xan Fielding and Paddy Leigh Fermor pretty much lived the dream.
          Wasn't he something to do with the services during WWII, still ya can't beat a bit of fantasy?!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Gotta love tradition!
          Absolutely, me an' me brothers is to get out the house and go up the pub, whilst his missus watches White 'bloody' Christmas....
          Last edited by Dhansakdave; 12-13-2013, 12:57 AM. Reason: Finish a word!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Gots to remember Sean Canary's from the land of the celt, it gets a bit fresh up there, so the hair was good insulation....

Wasn't he something to do with the services during WWII, still ya can't be a bit of fantasy?!

Absolutely, me an' me brothers is to get out the house and go up the pub, whilst his missus watches White 'bloody' Christmas....
            I'd be with ya at the pub....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              I'd be with ya at the pub....
              You'd be more than welcome, squire....

Comment

You'd be more than welcome, squire....
                Appreciated.... I never have like that frikin Bing Crosby movie... or the damn song either!...... <grinch, grinch, grinch> Bahhh Humbug!

Comment

• i'm in ...... not that I was actually invited - however .....i'm in ...................
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Appreciated.... I never have like that frikin Bing Crosby movie... or the damn song either!...... <grinch, grinch, grinch> Bahhh Humbug!
                    Lol, you and me both bruvver....on the movie and the grinch!

More than welcome G, more than welcome....

Comment

Lol, you and me both bruvver....on the movie and the grinch!

More than welcome G, more than welcome....
                      Looks like we be tipping them today AND tomorrow, right now...

Comment

Looks like we be tipping them today AND tomorrow, right now...
                        Yer not wrong, oh well, the sacrifices we make, hey.... Got our works humbug lash up today, not really up for it, cuz as I tells um, I spends all day with you a'holes out of the need to get paid, don't wants to spend me spare time with you a'holes as well....you wants curmudgeon you got it....

Comment

Yer not wrong, oh well, the sacrifices we make, hey.... Got our works humbug lash up today, not really up for it, cuz as I tells um, I spends all day with you a'holes out of the need to get paid, don't wants to spend me spare time with you a'holes as well....you wants curmudgeon you got it....
                          lol.... There is a saying where I work... I'm here to build warships, not friendships.....

Comment

lol.... There is a saying where I work... I'm here to build warships, not friendships.....
                            Lol, that's a classic....the majority I work with are okay to be fair, there's a few though who I wouldn't piss in their collective ears if their heads were on fire, as the old saying goes!

Comment

Lol, that's a classic....the majority I work with are okay to be fair, there's a few though who I wouldn't piss in their collective ears if their heads were on fire, as the old saying goes!
                              I think that's probably true in any work environment.... hell I'm sure there are folks that feel that way about me.... and I'm a right decent fellow!

Comment

hell I'm sure there are folks that feel that way about me.... and I'm a right decent fellow!
                                And me, and me, err....

Comment

Working...
                                X