Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    or going out for dinner.... but only one of them gets to eat....
    Not gonna put money on who's the eater and the eatee in the contest....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I've decorated m office cube, but not a single light in me home....gotta get my Grinch on!
    One has got a certain reputaion to maintain with the family and neighbours hasn't one!!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    One year my mom was complaining that I hadn't put up a single decoration. I took a piece of paper and drew a triangle with a star at the top and a caption reading, "Christmas Tree," and gave it to her. She didn't know whether to laugh or slap me.
    Lol, now that's the sort of decorating I like!

Comment

• I remember the first Christmas when I was married to my 1st ex-wife... we was so broke our Christmas tree that year was a string of light on the wall in the shape of a Christmas tree.... yes, they were colored lights...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        I remember the first Christmas when I was married to my 1st ex-wife... we was so broke our Christmas tree that year was a string of light on the wall in the shape of a Christmas tree.... yes, they were colored lights...
        That is pretty skint, but in true Monty Python, four Yorkshiremen style, you were lucky, my first chr....Did you turn them on....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          That is pretty skint, but in true Monty Python, four Yorkshiremen style, you were lucky, my first chr....Did you turn them on....
          Only at night.....

Comment

• For a very short time, my dad owned a pizzeria. For Christmas, he'd put a silver tree with a color wheel in the window. A couple of years ago I thought it would go great with my (then) mid century decor. Turns out a lot of people started liking them and the trees at least were goofily priced. So I drew a triangle... (you know the rest).

My second husband was Jewish, so we had both a tree and a menorah. And a banner over the tree that read, "Happy Hanukkah!" Our first year away from CA, we topped the tree with a CA license plate instead of a star or angel.

The lights on the wall is a classic. Especially in those tiny first apartments. They're perfect for limited floor space.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• The lights on the wall must be a classic since I did it a couple years as well. I even hung my cheap, crappy looking ornaments on it with green push pens I stole from work.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                The lights on the wall must be a classic since I did it a couple years as well. I even hung my cheap, crappy looking ornaments on it with green push pens I stole from work.
                That sounds really familiar.....

Comment

• Got a voicemail from my youngest to call him, he has something impotant to discuss with me.... I call him back last night on the way to work, I get no answer, and he has no voicemail... sooooo I call him back on the way home from work.... As it turns out there will be a new addition to the family in about 9 months time.... another heathen is added to the clan! That will bring the Grands total to 6...... Hope he has a boy (at some point)..... for a variety of reasons.....

On the way home, and before I talked to youngest, I stopped at Dicks Sporting goods. I was looking specifically for a lightweight waterproof suit to run in... the last 2 runs I have done in the rain have been miserable affairs. I found a frogg toggs suit that is light, supposed to be waterproof, and was cheap.... I got a pair of running gloves that are water/wind proof as well. On the way to the checkout line I looked at their GPS watches... they had a 100 dollar Timex on sale for 50 bucks. One of those is on my Santa wish-list, so I know what I'm getting for Christmas! It's on my kitchen table at home waiting for a pretty Grinchy bow!

Now I need to do my shopping for wifey.....

Comment

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      Congratulations!
                      ahhh thanks.... Love your new sig line... hillarious!

Comment

• Hearty congratulations squire, another excuse to raise a beaker....

Comment

• Excellent news: an addition to the family.
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• yeahaaaaaa Doc - propagation !!!!!!!!!!
                            heres hoping it is a bonny wee lad !!!!!!!
                            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                              yeahaaaaaa Doc - propagation !!!!!!!!!!
                              heres hoping it is a bonny wee lad !!!!!!!
                              We don't name our lads Bonny here... Lasses, tiz a different kettle of fish... lol Thanks for tha well wishes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Hearty congratulations squire, another excuse to raise a beaker....
                                aye, tiz true... tis a day that ends in "y"... cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X