• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    A character...

Nicely positioned piccy J
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• seriously girls. that is a very traumatic picture!!! he is all yours. so not my type at all.

ETA can someone PM me please when we hit the next page so i dont have to see it again. and yes i am being serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        Yeeeehaaaaaa - that is why my darling Doc, you send her out to work............ So you can spend all of her hard earned money !!!!!!
        Egggzacatackly!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          seriously girls. that is a very traumatic picture!!! he is all yours. so not my type at all.

ETA can someone PM me please when we hit the next page so i dont have to see it again. and yes i am being serious!
          lol.... tooooo funny...

Comment

• Well, the Christmas shopping went fairly well. We pretty much finished getting all the stuff for the kids, grandkids, parent, and grandparents. Sunday was baking day.... and I went for a run..... It was nice to come in to a warm house that smelled so wonderfull, as it was in the low 40's and a wet, misty rain..... By the end of the run I was soaked, frozen, and starting to cramp, and I only got 12 miles according to my markings on the street. My Ipod said I went 15.... I'll take the Ipod's word for it. I think I am going to look for a rain suit for runners. The jacket that I wore yesterday was a lightwight rain jacket that was prety much soaked through before I finished the first 8 miles... made for a fun day on the road.

Next weekend, it will be a 23 miler....

Well, the wife did a good bit of baking, as I mentioned. She made 5 diifferent kinds of biscotti. She did a bit of experimenting and made a new variety that was a lemon and dried blueberry variety. It turned out pretty well. She also made a coconut cranberry variety, a chocolate chip espresso variety, a gingerbread variety, an almond variety. Fortunately almost all of them will be going out for a cookie exchange this week.

I checked in on my Canadian bacon that I have curing in the fridge.... it looks like it is doing well. It will be finished next weekend, and I will package it up the following weekend. All of this bacon is going to some doctors that my wife works with. Trauma surgeons. Good guys. They took pretty good care of her when she was sick a couple of years ago.... These are the same guys that did my galbladder surgery 2 years ago this February.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              woo hoo... today is Christmas shopping day...... going out to spend the wife's money!
              You can't beat spending someone elses wonga....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              Well, the Christmas shopping went fairly well. We pretty much finished getting all the stuff for the kids, grandkids, parent, and grandparents. Sunday was baking day.... and I went for a run..... It was nice to come in to a warm house that smelled so wonderfull, as it was in the low 40's and a wet, misty rain..... By the end of the run I was soaked, frozen, and starting to cramp, and I only got 12 miles according to my markings on the street. My Ipod said I went 15.... I'll take the Ipod's word for it. I think I am going to look for a rain suit for runners. The jacket that I wore yesterday was a lightwight rain jacket that was prety much soaked through before I finished the first 8 miles... made for a fun day on the road.

Next weekend, it will be a 23 miler....

Well, the wife did a good bit of baking, as I mentioned. She made 5 diifferent kinds of biscotti. She did a bit of experimenting and made a new variety that was a lemon and dried blueberry variety. It turned out pretty well. She also made a coconut cranberry variety, a chocolate chip espresso variety, a gingerbread variety, an almond variety. Fortunately almost all of them will be going out for a cookie exchange this week.

I checked in on my Canadian bacon that I have curing in the fridge.... it looks like it is doing well. It will be finished next weekend, and I will package it up the following weekend. All of this bacon is going to some doctors that my wife works with. Trauma surgeons. Good guys. They took pretty good care of her when she was sick a couple of years ago.... These are the same guys that did my galbladder surgery 2 years ago this February.
              I never used to mind running in the rain, (apart from the risk of nipple rash) along as it wasn't too cold, always made the shower afterwards most enjoyable!

And that's most generous to give perfectly good bacon away, they must be worthy of it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                You can't beat spending someone elses wonga....

I never used to mind running in the rain, (apart from the risk of nipple rash) along as it wasn't too cold, always made the shower afterwards most enjoyable!

And that's most generous to give perfectly good bacon away, they must be worthy of it....
                They make a product called Body Glide just for that purpose..... It comes in a stick kinda like underarm deodorant... I don't mind the rain so much... but it was the cold temps that kicked my arse yesterday.

Oh, they are great guys.... and I told them I would do it a while ago, and I never got around to it... so I figured I needed to pay my debt, as it were...

Comment

They make a product called Body Glide just for that purpose..... It comes in a stick kinda like underarm deodorant... I don't mind the rain so much... but it was the cold temps that kicked my arse yesterday.
                  I used to use a couple of plasters....it is grim when the cold and wet gets into you, getting warm again is a somewhat of a chore (master of understatement)....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Oh, they are great guys.... and I told them I would do it a while ago, and I never got around to it... so I figured I needed to pay my debt, as it were...
                  Fair play to you and them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    I used to use a couple of plasters....it is grim when the cold and wet gets into you, getting warm again is a somewhat of a chore (master of understatement)....

Fair play to you and them!
                    After a really long run I usually soak in a tub of hot water to help relax my legs... yeasterday it was a long hot shower... and yes, it can be a bear to get warm after a bone chilling run...

Comment

• Next weekend, it will be a 23 miler....
                      Wow! Just wow! I'm so impressed, really. You're a warrior, dude.

She made 5 diifferent kinds of biscotti.
                      My taste buds fainted. Though I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to biscotti, I always try new flavors. Get out the espresso pot and the biscotti - it's time to indulge in some serious 20.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        Wow! Just wow! I'm so impressed, really. You're a warrior, dude.

My taste buds fainted. Though I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to biscotti, I always try new flavors. Get out the espresso pot and the biscotti - it's time to indulge in some serious 20.
                        Warrior... actually, that was my high school mascot, now that I think about it... I don't normally think of myself in those terms, even though I was in the military. As I was a medic, I don't see myself in the warrior role.... my sons, on the other hand, they were hard core bad asses.

Yeah, my tasetbuds never lack for flavor.... more likely they get exhausted from all of the possible samplings...... it really is a wonder I don't weigh 900 lbs.... and I was well on my way to that a little over a year ago.

as for my culinary forays, today I cooked a mix of turnip and mustard greens with a little hickory smoked bacon and chicken broth.... I've never really been a big greens fan, but I could learn to like them cooked like this! lots of smokey salty flavor... pretty dang tasty... then I baked up a couple of kabocha squash I grew. I may give them a whirl in a "Sweet potato" mash kinda thing....

Comment

• Finished decorating my desk for the Christmas season... I put up green garland with multicolored lights, a battery powered strand of lights that are round disks with pictures of penguins, the decorations are purple, silver, and pink. I put a small lighted tree on the book shelf above my desk. The tree is bright pink, with a glittery pea-green tree topper. The tree skirt is a light blue with a medium blue tiger stripe, and there are small blue glittery presents, silver bows, and pink, purple and silver decorations. I'd take a picture, but cameras aren't allowed here..... they are afraid we might take pictures of our work environment... you know how those gubamint types are about keeping secrets....

Comment

... then I baked up a couple of kabocha squash I grew. I may give them a whirl in a "Sweet potato" mash kinda thing....
                            Yum, with sour cream and coriander maybe?
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Finished decorating my desk for the Christmas season... I put up green garland with multicolored lights, a battery powered strand of lights that are round disks with pictures of penguins, the decorations are purple, silver, and pink. I put a small lighted tree on the book shelf above my desk. The tree is bright pink, with a glittery pea-green tree topper. The tree skirt is a light blue with a medium blue tiger stripe, and there are small blue glittery presents, silver bows, and pink, purple and silver decorations. I'd take a picture, but cameras aren't allowed here..... they are afraid we might take pictures of our work environment... you know how those gubamint types are about keeping secrets....
                              Sounds a bit festivy to me....Miserable bastards, they guvmint types, they keeps secrets just for sake of keeping secrets....saying that ya don't want to do a Snowden just for a photee of yer desk....

Going by your chow, I reckons I weigh in at about 900lbs if I lived at Doc farm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                                Yum, with sour cream and coriander maybe?
                                hmmm... may have t give that a go.

Comment

Working...
                                X