Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Already?!?! I thought that could wait until the first week of Jan! Ack, doc - does VA plant that much earlier than Ohio?
    I get my radishes, turnips, rutabaga, etc in as early as Feburary most years.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      As promised, mutant chook leg....

20131204_181517 by Dhansakdave, on Flickr

After 12 hours in the slow cooker!

20131205_063016 by Dhansakdave, on Flickr

It's fair to say, it were quite filling!
      Looks right tasty!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        I get my radishes, turnips, rutabaga, etc in as early as Feburary most years.....
        Right when we are still in the grip of solid ground freeze. Whew - it is a VA thing.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Grrrrrrr... I really need to will the lottery...... If for no other reason than it would give me the financial security that allows me to tell me boss to go take a very loooong walk off of a very short pier...... We will be taking a couple of weeks off from work over the Christmas/ New Years week and we come back to work on Thursday after the new year. Our boss has decided that our normal weekly work load will be completed in the 2 days we are back. Half of my folks are taking those 2 days off because they can (and it doesn't make much sense to be here for 2 days before a weekend, so I don't blame them for doing so.) I have raised my concerns about staffing needs to complete the assigned task a couple of times.... Today I get to work and I have an email stating that I, as a front line supervisor, have lost sight of the bigger picture and of my responsibilities to upper management and our program as a whole.......... A certain Johnny Paycheck song comes to mind right about now.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
            Right when we are still in the grip of solid ground freeze. Whew - it is a VA thing.
            Well, VA isn't inside the Arctic Circle, so we thaw sooner... lol

Comment

• Doc...... Do you want me and Seas , J, DD, Badger, CC, P and all else who frequent your journal to come over there and kick a few butts into touch??????????
              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                Doc...... Do you want me and Seas , J, DD, Badger, CC, P and all else who frequent your journal to come over there and kick a few butts into touch??????????
                lol... thanks for the offer of assistance, but I a pacifist by nature..... no wait that's Passive-Agressive by nature....

Comment

• We could just pretend we are playing rugby, and beat the cr-p outta him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    We could just pretend we are playing rugby, and beat the cr-p outta him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    lol... he is slight of build..... he'd get broken if not kilt.....

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                      i have a saying that a bargain is only a bargain when you need it and it applies here. doesnt matter how many old people hit on you, if they arent what you want.
                      That's quite profound in a way!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Looks right tasty!
                      It weren't bad....

Grrrrrrr... I really need to will the lottery...... If for no other reason than it would give me the financial security that allows me to tell me boss to go take a very loooong walk off of a very short pier...... We will be taking a couple of weeks off from work over the Christmas/ New Years week and we come back to work on Thursday after the new year. Our boss has decided that our normal weekly work load will be completed in the 2 days we are back. Half of my folks are taking those 2 days off because they can (and it doesn't make much sense to be here for 2 days before a weekend, so I don't blame them for doing so.) I have raised my concerns about staffing needs to complete the assigned task a couple of times.... Today I get to work and I have an email stating that I, as a front line supervisor, have lost sight of the bigger picture and of my responsibilities to upper management and our program as a whole.......... A certain Johnny Paycheck song comes to mind right about now.......
                      Sounds like you and the can man got the same boss!

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      Doc...... Do you want me and Seas , J, DD, Badger, CC, P and all else who frequent your journal to come over there and kick a few butts into touch??????????
                      I'm in....

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      We could just pretend we are playing rugby, and beat the cr-p outta him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Why pretend....

lol... he is slight of build..... he'd get broken if not kilt.....
                      And the problem is....

Comment

• That's quite profound in a way!
                        yes people say to me but arent you flattered and i tactfully point out i may be flattered if it was brad pitt who was stalking me but alas. no such luck!!

doc i believe in karma. people's life is generally their judgement.

Comment

yes people say to me but arent you flattered and i tactfully point out i may be flattered if it was brad pitt who was stalking me but alas. no such luck!!
                          Patience me dear, patience, not that I got any, or fancy brad Pitt....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                          doc i believe in karma. people's life is generally their judgement.
                          Though a quick jab to the gullet is quite satisfying in the short term....

Comment

• yes but if they get up, you need to be able to stop them. i am actually quite a pacifist. and do you know, the high ranking horses ( and dogs ) dont usually fight. even tho they are usually very capable. everyone just does what they say. it's the low ranking ones who do all the scrapping. something to be learnt from that.

Patience me dear, patience, not that I got any, or fancy brad Pitt....
                            are you saying if i am patient brad pitt will come to me LOL you know i dont think i have ever even met a man who looked like him. i've known a few men so beautiful it took your breathe away. they had about the same amount of personality as a cardboard box tho. give me character any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              That's quite profound in a way!

It weren't bad....

Sounds like you and the can man got the same boss!

I'm in....

Why pretend....

And the problem is....
                              lol... I does like the way thou thinks kind sir!!

Comment

yes but if they get up, you need to be able to stop them. i am actually quite a pacifist. and do you know, the high ranking horses ( and dogs ) dont usually fight. even tho they are usually very capable. everyone just does what they say. it's the low ranking ones who do all the scrapping. something to be learnt from that.

are you saying if i am patient brad pitt will come to me LOL you know i dont think i have ever even met a man who looked like him. i've known a few men so beautiful it took your breathe away. they had about the same amount of personality as a cardboard box tho. give me character any day.
                                hmmm that can be taken a couple of different way.... character, as in HAVING character (defined as honor, patience, loyalty etc, etc) or BEING a character (defined as acting like a frootloop).... though they are not mutually exclusive.....

Comment

Working...
                                X