No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back squire, hope you had a good trip, TG and family time!

Ouch, not too knackered after that drive, one hopes and hope the farms not too out of hand!

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Sweet! Between the two of us we averaged 2.5 miles. .
    You the man J.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      You the man J.....

To be fair, doc did all the hard work...and running.

Comment

• Welcome home Doc - pleased you got there and back safe and sound
        G x
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Well, back to the "normal" routine. A week out of the normal ebb and flow can be somewhat dis-orienting. We got back late Friday night and I still feel "out of it". I guess getting back in to the groove will take some time....

So it's back to the going to bed mid-afternoon, staying up all night, collecting eggs and feeding/watering birds, exercising on schedule, and eating better than I did last week...... It is fortunate that most of the cookies, cakes, and the like are somewhere other than my house. There is some stuff in the freezer, but out of sight is out of mind. I have a funny feeling January will be a Whole30 month.....

I will admit, I enjoyed the time off from work, but I did miss my time here, the banter, the humor... I am fortunate to have met some great people here..... Thanks to all of you for reading, commenting, and sharing.

Comment

• Awww. Good to have you back.
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              Awww. Good to have you back.
              Tiz good to be back..

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Awww. Good to have you back.
                Hear, hear....

As G said good to see you're back safe and sound, time off work is always good....

I also look forward to the banter, wit and social chit chat around here, it's a good place to be....and thanks to you sir for your pearls of wisdom and humour!

Comment

Hear, hear....

As G said good to see you're back safe and sound, time off work is always good....

I also look forward to the banter, wit and social chit chat around here, it's a good place to be....and thanks to you sir for your pearls of wisdom and humour!
                  wisdom? lol... If you say so..... I'm not so sure that what I spout can be classified as "wisdom", but your sentiment is appreciated, none the less.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    wisdom? lol... If you say so..... I'm not so sure that what I spout can be classified as "wisdom", but your sentiment is appreciated, none the less.....
                    Lol, I knows what you're saying, never been known as a great source of wisdom meself.... it took me while to find it, but for me personally, what's below was a pearl....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    no, and everything I have read doesn't recomend it's use because of the resin in the wood can cause off flavors (like turpentine) in the meat. If your a big fan of turpentine, feel free m'lad! It can be used in small amounts in a fireplace, but it can cause a build up of deposits in the flue that can cause chimney fires.... Pine is great for camp fires though....

Comment

• retsina is sorta ok altho i am assuming you are talking about smoking meat with pine? we use manuka here. and in fact i need to get onto it as i always do smoked moki for xmas eve dinner. my adaptation of the portuguese salt cod and potates for xmas eve. welcome back doc.

Comment

Lol, I knows what you're saying, never been known as a great source of wisdom meself.... it took me while to find it, but for me personally, what's below was a pearl....
                        Ahh, yes, I guess that could be construed as wisdom... but mostly what I put out male bovine excreta...

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                          retsina is sorta ok altho i am assuming you are talking about smoking meat with pine? we use manuka here. and in fact i need to get onto it as i always do smoked moki for xmas eve dinner. my adaptation of the portuguese salt cod and potates for xmas eve. welcome back doc.
                          Thanks....

smoked fish isn't something I have tried.... though I'm sure it is delish....

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            retsina is sorta ok altho i am assuming you are talking about smoking meat with pine? we use manuka here. and in fact i need to get onto it as i always do smoked moki for xmas eve dinner. my adaptation of the portuguese salt cod and potates for xmas eve. welcome back doc.
                            I was, I had a pine tree in my backyard hacked down and enquired what it was like to smoke with, for some reason I decided not to bother after that reply....

Goggled manuka, what's the honey like? Never tried moki either, they buggers don't swim this north.... but smoked fish, oh yes....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              but mostly what I put out male bovine excreta...
                              Ditto, my man, ditto....

Comment

• well we actually get manuka which i think is leptospermum scoparium and kanuka which is kunzea eriocides. both latin names are prob spelt wrong. very similar looking tree much confused by people. there are salient differences. manuka is a scrub regrowth tree which will last maybe 70 years whereas kanuka is more of a forest species which will last 300-400 yrs and have things like epiphytes. it gets much taller and wider. manuka honey is also often kanuka honey. very nice. i have had all sorts of different types. i think legally you can call a honey species X if you have 60% pollen in there. so the variance in sublte flavours can be quite wide. it's expensive too. moki are almost my fave fish. we have snapper and john dory too which i really like and rig which is a type of small shark. absolute sacrilege but i am not so hot on blue cod. and with smoking fish. i think too it depends on the fish as to how it smokes.

when me and the dog were out deer stalking at the weekend we found a huge pat of bovine excreta. potentially even actual real genuine live bull excreta as there was a bull not that far away acting natural. the dog proceeds to face plant in it and start eating LOL dogs cant digest veges so they love second hand veg!

Comment

Working...
                                X