Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    no as it was years ago when i was poor and not very electronic. probably looked like a blondey red haired tattooed version of winnie the witch without the hook nose or the silly hat, if you can picture that LOL and they were stockings not tights.

a trip to the deep south sounds pretty good. i am sure you will enjoy it heaps. gumbos, heaps of bourbon and marshmallow cream fudge? what could go primally wrong? 20% is it not?
    Oh my imaginary powers are pretty stout.... so yes, I can... sans hat and nose..

As far as the eats go, the gumbo is a good bet, fried fish a definite (catfish and perch).. the fudge is a maybe... the bourbon is a definite no go.... for 2 reasons... first is wifey cant stand bourbon (family badness there... she feels about bourbon as I do about tequilla and broccoli) and 2 (probably most important) is that me mum is of the puritanical Southern Baptist variety. They don't drink, don't dance and don't have no dang fun! It'll be a te-totalling trip this time around...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      Oh my imaginary powers are pretty stout.... so yes, I can... sans hat and nose..

As far as the eats go, the gumbo is a good bet, fried fish a definite (catfish and perch).. the fudge is a maybe... the bourbon is a definite no go.... for 2 reasons... first is wifey cant stand bourbon (family badness there... she feels about bourbon as I do about tequilla and broccoli) and 2 (probably most important) is that me mum is of the puritanical Southern Baptist variety. They don't drink, don't dance and don't have no dang fun! It'll be a te-totalling trip this time around...
      Fried fish, that sounds the go! Could you slip a jerry can with some 'fuel' in, just in case of emergancies like, ya's don't wanna run out of fuel ya know....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
        Fried fish, that sounds the go! Could you slip a jerry can with some 'fuel' in, just in case of emergancies like, ya's don't wanna run out of fuel ya know....
        lol.... the thought HAS crossed me mind... but maybe I can convince her cider is non-alcoholic..... it's an "energy" drink!

Comment

lol.... the thought HAS crossed me mind... but maybe I can convince her cider is non-alcoholic..... it's an "energy" drink!
          Lol, absofruitly sir, I wish you the best of luck....

Comment

• Doc, have a great trip. Enjoy the non primal food.

Don't pick on Nora Roberts boys. That woman is a smart cookie and a great writer in her genre. Of course, she does not usually appeal to men.

DD I'm an orphan too and an only child. Luckily I still have my inlaws.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
              Doc, have a great trip. Enjoy the non primal food.

Don't pick on Nora Roberts boys. That woman is a smart cookie and a great writer in her genre. Of course, she does not usually appeal to men.

Thank you, my dear lady.. you have a Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Oh, I'm pretty sure she's smart... anyone that can write as many books as she can't be stupid! I'm just not a fan of the genre.. but my wife has read many of her books, which is why I know the name....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Doc, have a great trip. Enjoy the non primal food.

I consider myself lucky then, I've got a brother and 1 and a 1/2 sisters, if that makes sense!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Thank you, my dear lady.. you have a Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Oh, I'm pretty sure she's smart... anyone that can write as many books as she can't be stupid! I'm just not a fan of the genre.. but my wife has read many of her books, which is why I know the name....
                *Nods* anyone with that biblography certainly aint dim, as you say P, being a bloke, just not something that appeals.... And *nods* again at P's opening line!

Comment

• Doc - just because I would rather live between the stacks of a library than in a real house, I know this:

Our weeny rural library here happens to be in a consortium with whole lotta' other weeny/rural libraries here in this section of OH, and if you go to the online card catalog of any one of these member libraries, you automatically access the combined arsenal of the whole consortium, which means that, in reality, I actually get many, many more titles than I would at the big-city library we also regularly visit. The inter-library mail delivery system in this consortium is a thing of speedy beauty, and it does not count as a special inter-library loan with all the special rules attached to such a loan, just a regular check-out WITH renewals! Definitely ask if your local library belongs to a group or consortium - you will get much more mileage out of your local lib that way, and as I am on a one-woman drive to save the printed word and libraries in general, I can also tell you that things go away at libraries if they aren't used, so ask-use-enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!
                  I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                    Doc - just because I would rather live between the stacks of a library than in a real house, I know this:

Our weeny rural library here happens to be in a consortium with whole lotta' other weeny/rural libraries here in this section of OH, and if you go to the online card catalog of any one of these member libraries, you automatically access the combined arsenal of the whole consortium, which means that, in reality, I actually get many, many more titles than I would at the big-city library we also regularly visit. The inter-library mail delivery system in this consortium is a thing of speedy beauty, and it does not count as a special inter-library loan with all the special rules attached to such a loan, just a regular check-out WITH renewals! Definitely ask if your local library belongs to a group or consortium - you will get much more mileage out of your local lib that way, and as I am on a one-woman drive to save the printed word and libraries in general, I can also tell you that things go away at libraries if they aren't used, so ask-use-enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!
                    Thanks for the tip! You and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• me mum is of the puritanical Southern Baptist variety. They don't drink, don't dance and don't have no dang fun!
                      i prob just have a skewered view from all the movies but i always imagine the barrel of bourbon on the porch.

Could you slip a jerry can with some 'fuel' in, just in case of emergancies like, ya's don't wanna run out of fuel ya know....
                      we went on a school camping trip once, we had to go over on a boat. no alcohol etc. allowed. i stuck the whisky in a jar in my kete. when they got my kete out of the bottom of the boat, i could smell the whisky coz it had leaked! so it does pay to get a leak proof jerry can.

Comment

• Kiwi/American translation, please... "kete"??

I am slooowly coming along with Dhansakdave's English, but Kiwi regularly trips me up!
                        Last edited by Crabbcakes; 11-22-2013, 01:11 PM.
                        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

and 2 (probably most important) is that me mum is of the puritanical Southern Baptist variety. They don't drink, don't dance and don't have no dang fun! It'll be a te-totalling trip this time around...
                          Then you know the joke? Do you know why Baptists don't f***? Because it looks too much like dancing.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Then you know the joke? Do you know why Baptists don't f***? Because it looks too much like dancing.
                            And ONLY in the Missionary position!

Comment

• 5 miles today... at 160 bpm... took 56 minutes.... burned 845 calories... It's Miller.. no wait, it's Woodchuck time!

Comment

• me mum is of the puritanical Southern Baptist variety. They don't drink, don't dance and don't have no dang fun! It'll be a te-totalling trip this time around...
                                And just look at the son God blessed them with. I bet you gave them a run for their money.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X