No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was my mistake.. it was the backstrap, not the tenderloin that he gave me.... but it was still good, even if I was clueless as to where it came from.....
    i do have a friend who doesnt like the fillets as they taste of guts apparently. i tend to eat the liver and the heart first. me and the dog have a fight he isnt going to win over them unless i let him then i have the fillets and then the backstraps and then the shanks so the backstraps are up there. i even know people, and i can almost not say this out loud, that only take the backstraps and leave the rest of the deer behind!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      i do have a friend who doesnt like the fillets as they taste of guts apparently. i tend to eat the liver and the heart first. me and the dog have a fight he isnt going to win over them unless i let him then i have the fillets and then the backstraps and then the shanks so the backstraps are up there. i even know people, and i can almost not say this out loud, that only take the backstraps and leave the rest of the deer behind!!!
      oy... what a waste of meat! ven the oughest parts can be ground in to sausage fer kristsake! Most folks I know do just that... grind most of the deer in to sausage and "snack sticks" (which is just thin sausage, like a SlimJim) or make jerky

Comment

• Good day all!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        oy... what a waste of meat! ven the oughest parts can be ground in to sausage fer kristsake! Most folks I know do just that... grind most of the deer in to sausage and "snack sticks" (which is just thin sausage, like a SlimJim) or make jerky
        I was thinking that, if your going to do Bambi in, at least do the poor bugger the honour of scoffing the whole thing....

Might ask me local butcher if he does they backstrap things, they sounds a bit tasty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Good day all!

I was thinking that, if your going to do Bambi in, at least do the poor bugger the honour of scoffing the whole thing....

Might ask me local butcher if he does they backstrap things, they sounds a bit tasty!
          yup if your gonna kill an animal for food, use as much of the bloody thing as you can.....

Comment

• Lol doc, our DD is rubbing off on you. There was an "oy" and a " bloody" in the last two posts.

All this venison talk makes me more sure that I want to become a hunter. Maybe that will be my goal for next year.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
              Lol doc, our DD is rubbing off on you. There was an "oy" and a " bloody" in the last two posts.

All this venison talk makes me more sure that I want to become a hunter. Maybe that will be my goal for next year.
              Aye, tiz probly true... but me thinks that tizn't such a bad thing! I have had far worse influences than DD....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Lol doc, our DD is rubbing off on you. There was an "oy" and a " bloody" in the last two posts.
                Lol, oil ave'n talkin' loik a wess cuntree yokal in nex ta no time....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Aye, tiz probly true... but me thinks that tizn't such a bad thing! I have had far worse influences than DD....
                Or been under the influence of worse....

Comment

Lol, oil ave'n talkin' loik a wess cuntree yokal in nex ta no time....

Or been under the influence of worse....
                  Hell, I already speak fluent Redneck....

Aye... tiz true.... still cant stomach the smell of tequilla, or as I call it To-Kill-Ya

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    Hell, I already speak fluent Redneck....

Aye... tiz true.... still cant stomach the smell of tequilla, or as I call it To-Kill-Ya
                    You'd fit in pretty well roun' here then....Hear you on the tequilla, the smell I can take, the taste is where it goes south....If you want to smell something rank, try Wray & Nephews overproof rum, that stuff could wake up an old deckchair....

Comment

You'd fit in pretty well roun' here then....Hear you on the tequilla, the smell I can take, the taste is where it goes south....If you want to smell something rank, try Wray & Nephews overproof rum, that stuff could wake up an old deckchair....
                      as I was once a sailor... and sailors love rum.... and deck chairs...... may needs look up said saucy sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        as I was once a sailor... and sailors love rum.... and deck chairs...... may needs look up said saucy sauce.
                        Here's a sampler squire, Wray & Nephew Overproof White Jamaican Rum

Comment

Good day all!

I had a friend that was married to a full blood Native American, and she once told me that they don't let anything on an animal go to waste. Being the smart ass that I was at the time, I asked her what they did with the arse hole. She told me they played poker for it and the winner got to choose. LOL

Ancient Native custom apparently.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Being the smart ass that I was at the time...
                            Oh... so you're not one now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              Oh... so you're not one now?
                              Lol, touche....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              I had a friend that was married to a full blood Native American, and she once told me that they don't let anything on an animal go to waste. Being the smart ass that I was at the time, I asked her what they did with the arse hole. She told me they played poker for it and the winner got to choose. LOL

Ancient Native custom apparently.
                              The winner got the arse hole, blood 'yell, dreads to think what the loser got....

Comment

• LOL we never waste any of the deer. other than the obvious guts. i have a deer dog and he eats anything i wont. since he costs almost as much as a child to feed, it is a win win situation. i give his dog buddies any excess bones we cant use too. the reason alot of people just take the backstraps is they are out in the middle of the bush and dont want to carry it all out. deer are officially pests here as well so very different to where you all are. plus alot of people hunt during the roar and rutting stags are very gamey.

Comment

Working...
                                X