Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    as have I, but fought valiantly, none the less.....
    Oh yes, being a fighter not a lover, have fought that battle with heroic valour a few times....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    it is only my iron self discipline. the js are all just around the corner. literally. well if you can call 3ks away around the corner.

i've lost a few of those fights too but afore mentioned small children have put paid to me going into battle on this front. i am also forever telling them not to pick fights they are going to lose so it would be a tad hypocritical if they had to come get me LOL
    Lol, 'accidents' do happen though....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Oh yes, being a fighter not a lover, have fought that battle with heroic valour a few times....

Lol, 'accidents' do happen though....
      Ya gotta love a good fight!

Comment

• i am generally a lover not a fighter. but no one is perfect. i think the best example i can set my kids *cough* is to live my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          i am generally a lover not a fighter. but no one is perfect. i think the best example i can set my kids *cough* is to live my life.
          That is true. Lead by example. I distrust parents who live through their children rather than continue to be themselves and watch their offspring, er, spring off.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Friday, I went to a retirement ceremony for a guy that worked for me in the 90's. He joined the submarine force, at my recomendation, and had a great carreer. He retires with 24 years of active duty service, and is going to complete his BS degree and then go to Physician's Assistant school. He will be a great PA..... After the ceremony, there were the typical catered foods and beer, wine, sodas etc. I had a couple of beers and stood around and shot the bull with several guys that serve with my friend. After the bull session, some of my new aquaintences wanted to go have a few at a place called the Taphouse..... So I ventured along. I had heard about the place but had never been..... holymoly.... 163 beers on tap.... I could have stayed there for weeks trying all of there samples..... but I opted for a Woodchuck apple-raspberry cider, and then a pear cider. I had never had a pear cider before.... I think I need to plant a few more pear trees! holy smokes that stuff if good!

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. Went to a BBQ at my retired buddie's house. Drug my wife along. They had nit sen my wife in several years, so everyone got a chance to get caught up on the gossip yadda, yadda, yadda. We learnd that another of our friends, a guy that worked for my wife, was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer about a week ago. That put a dark mark on an otherwise happy time. So, lots of positive thoughts are going his way.

Saturday was a bit chilly. There was a heavy frost on the ground, and it killed all of the squash I have growing. fortunately, most of the kubocha squash were ripe, but none of the acorn squash were anywhere close to ripe. Bummer....

Sunday was a little warmer. it was 45 degrees when I let the chickens out. I ran some errands and when I got back it had gotten up to a blistering 54 degrees.... Went for a run. Finished 8 miles, and ran it at a 150 bpm pace, which is faster than I usually run that distance. Legs feel great. No pain in the ankle or the knee. Still iced the ankle as a precaution.

Comment

• Busy weekend Doc, buggar about the cold weather. We have actually been quite cold this weekend also, so I am pleased that I haven't planted the tomatoes out yet!!!!!
              You might need some snuggly buggly to keep warm????????
              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                Busy weekend Doc, buggar about the cold weather. We have actually been quite cold this weekend also, so I am pleased that I haven't planted the tomatoes out yet!!!!!
                You might need some snuggly buggly to keep warm????????
                yes, it was pretty busy... and cold too.... the rest of this week it is supposed to warm up some... but that won't help the ded 'maters and squash! I feel sorry fo rthe chickens, since most of them a molting and have lost most of their feathers.... they beez some chilly birds

Comment

• Good day all!

163 beers, bejesus, that'd take some getting through....Reads like a pretty lively weekend, shame about the obvious bad bits!!

Any chance you can get some coats for the bald chooks....

Comment

• dont chooks give off loads of heat? i've seen permaculture designs there the glass house backs on to the chook house so the chooks can help keep the glass house warm at night. some of them do end up looking like SPCA cases when they are moulting. our horse is moulting too as it is spring. my middle child brushed her the other day. it looked like there was a deflated horse on the ground so much hair came off and she still looked like a threadbare old carpet!

Comment

Good day all!

163 beers, bejesus, that'd take some getting through....Reads like a pretty lively weekend, shame about the obvious bad bits!!

Any chance you can get some coats for the bald chooks....
                      It is true that it would take a while to get through all of the beers.... at a right pretty expense as well....

No coats for chooks, I'm afraid...

Comment

dont chooks give off loads of heat? i've seen permaculture designs there the glass house backs on to the chook house so the chooks can help keep the glass house warm at night. some of them do end up looking like SPCA cases when they are moulting. our horse is moulting too as it is spring. my middle child brushed her the other day. it looked like there was a deflated horse on the ground so much hair came off and she still looked like a threadbare old carpet!
                        yes, they have a very high metabolism, which is why they are almost always eating...... and look really ratty when they molt..

Comment

she still looked like a threadbare old carpet!
                          I know how she feels....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          It is true that it would take a while to get through all of the beers.... at a right pretty expense as well....
                          I'd say, it takes all the fun out of drinking having to pay for it!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          No coats for chooks, I'm afraid...
                          I detect a market there, not a very good one mind....

Comment

• yes, they have a very high metabolism, which is why they are almost always eating...... and look really ratty when they molt..
                            interesting. our flightless nocturnal parrot, the kakapo, who was here of recent at the ecosanctuary apparently has the slowest metabolism of any bird ever measured. they're vegetarian so they are always eating too.

Comment

I know how she feels....

I'd say, it takes all the fun out of drinking having to pay for it!

I detect a market there, not a very good one mind....
                              You pay for it one way or another.....

There are "coats" for hens, but their purpose is to prevent the hens back feathers from getting ripped up and torn out when mounted by a rooster... but they don't keep the hen warm, just protect feathers from being ripped out.

Comment

• I know how she feels....
                                awww!!!! me and the horse swear by molasses for the threadbare carpet look LOL i am convinced my side greys are starting to ungrey.

Comment

Working...
                                X