No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMAO yes and so totally yummy you can just drink and drink till you fall over. if i stick with neat spirits, i can pace myself far better as it is harder to drink. i do have a minor confession to make i had a bottle of speights this week when i was out LOL it was given to me and i was being polite.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      LMAO yes and so totally yummy you can just drink and drink till you fall over. if i stick with neat spirits, i can pace myself far better as it is harder to drink.
      I can imagine, and not many of um till you did I'd a reckon!

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      i do have a minor confession to make i had a bottle of speights this week when i was out LOL it was given to me and i was being polite.
      Oh it don't count if it was given to you, one must always be polite when one is fraternising....
      Last edited by Dhansakdave; 10-11-2013, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
        what is scrumpy then? i used to do cider, double pernod and some black currant back in my late teen years.
        Isn't pernod a French liquer? Added to water, turns milky and tastes like crap? If that is the stuff I'm thinking about, you have more testicular fortitude than I.... You are hard core, and I salute you....

Comment

• most of southern europe does some form of aniseed liquer which you drink with water. pernod is the more upmarket french version. pastis is the more rough version. you have to like aniseed or it would taste pretty bad. i drink ouzo and water here in the summer as we dont get pernod in the pub. ouzo is the greek version.

Oh it don't count if it was given to you, one must always be polite when one is fraternising....
          this is so good to know LOL i feel totally let off the hook on that one. i was just slutted they only had beer and i'd left the rum at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            Isn't pernod a French liquer? Added to water, turns milky and tastes like crap? If that is the stuff I'm thinking about, you have more testicular fortitude than I.... You are hard core, and I salute you....
            That's the stuff, don't mind Pernod ain't had it for years mind and I agree....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            most of southern europe does some form of aniseed liquer which you drink with water. pernod is the more upmarket french version. pastis is the more rough version. you have to like aniseed or it would taste pretty bad. i drink ouzo and water here in the summer as we dont get pernod in the pub. ouzo is the greek version.

this is so good to know LOL i feel totally let off the hook on that one. i was just slutted they only had beer and i'd left the rum at home.
            Got more than second hand in Paris once on Pastis 55, which was the less rough of their range, it was only like quaffing diesel....And the Turks got Raki, that makes Pastis taste like a Grand Cru....

You can have a guiltless sleep tonight now....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              That's the stuff, don't mind Pernod ain't had it for years mind and I agree....

Got more than second hand in Paris once on Pastis 55, which was the less rough of their range, it was only like quaffing diesel....And the Turks got Raki, that makes Pastis taste like a Grand Cru....

You can have a guiltless sleep tonight now....
              OMG Raki, I lived in Turkey. When I was 16. Everyone wanted me to try it. Yuck.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                OMG Raki, I lived in Turkey. When I was 16. Everyone wanted me to try it. Yuck.
                Yuck sums it up pretty well to me!

Comment

Yuck sums it up pretty well to me!
                  We had raki in Greece too. One of the teachers was given a two-litre lemonade bottle full of homemade stuff as an end-of-term thank you. After we had all tried it once, we used it to light fires.
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• there must be something wrong with me LOL i dont actual think portugal has an aniseed liquer so i cant even claim some dubious tentative misty ancestral thing which has always been my excuse for my love of chicken livers. i dont think i've ever had raki. not that i remember anyways. but pastis and pernod and ouzo i could happily just hang out on the beach in the sun and drink all day. i have even stuck ouzo in my coffee in the past. AND i have been hell sick on ouzo so even that didnt put me off.

Comment

• Saturday was a pretty busy day. Since wifey was flying out to visit her mom on Sunday, I did my long run on Saturday instead of Sunday. Had planned to go 16, but only made it 12. Legs are still sore. Not sure if it's because I ran too fast, or because I ran an interval run on Friday and my legs were still a bit tired from that. So, now I have to work out a plan to get back on track for my training schedule.

We cooked up some spaghetti sauce, and the grandkids had pasta, I had mine on spagheti squash. Wife also made some braised red cabbage. Suprisingly, I like it. It has apples, pears and bacon in it, and when it was cooking, it didn't smell up the house..... I had a mug of the bone broth I have in the crockpot... very tasty. I will put it in jars today.

Cooked a big beef roast on Sunday. Had some with some squash and cabbage when I got home from the airport. Wife is off visiting her mom this week, and she will be back on Friday.... so I am playing Bachelor for a few days.......

Damn... Turn-over Tony and the Cowboys won one!!! I love the Cowboys, always have, always will. I have remember watching Don Merrideth play..... yeah, I'm an old fart, I know.. I've never been a fan of Tony Romo. The only thing he is consistant with is his inconsistency...... You never know which Romo is going to show up to the game one week to the next.....

Found a place that sells the Newcastle Werewolf.. but they were out..... They did have Angry Orchard Apple Ginger

Comment

• Saturday was a pretty busy day. Since wifey was flying out to visit her mom on Sunday, I did my long run on Saturday instead of Sunday. Had planned to go 16, but only made it 12. Legs are still sore. Not sure if it's because I ran too fast, or because I ran an interval run on Friday and my legs were still a bit tired from that. So, now I have to work out a plan to get back on track for my training schedule.

We cooked up some spaghetti sauce, and the grandkids had pasta, I had mine on spagheti squash. Wife also made some braised red cabbage. Suprisingly, I like it. It has apples, pears and bacon in it, and when it was cooking, it didn't smell up the house..... I had a mug of the bone broth I have in the crockpot... very tasty. I will put it in jars today.

Cooked a big beef roast on Sunday. Had some with some squash and cabbage when I got home from the airport. Wife is off visiting her mom this week, and she will be back on Friday.... so I am playing Bachelor for a few days.......

Damn... Turn-over Tony and the Cowboys won one!!! I love the Cowboys, always have, always will. I have remember watching Don Merrideth play..... yeah, I'm an old fart, I know.. I've never been a fan of Tony Romo. The only thing he is consistant with is his inconsistency...... You never know which Romo is going to show up to the game one week to the next.....

Found a place that sells the Newcastle Werewolf.. but they were out..... They did have Angry Orchard Apple Ginger

Comment

• Good day all!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          so I am playing Bachelor for a few days.......
                          Does that mean you get to control the remote for the TV....

Still haven't found Angry Orchard over here!

And still hats off for the 12 squire, I'm having strife walking 12 yards at the moment, me backs that bad!

Comment

Good day all!

Does that mean you get to control the remote for the TV....

Still haven't found Angry Orchard over here!

And still hats off for the 12 squire, I'm having strife walking 12 yards at the moment, me backs that bad!
                            Since the wife works when I am home, I have control of the remote when she's not home... but now i have COMPLETE control of the remote!

Hope the back gets better....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Since the wife works when I am home, I have control of the remote when she's not home... but now i have COMPLETE control of the remote!
                              Make the most of it, Al Bundy style....

Hope the back gets better....
                              So do I, might have to go and buy some slip on shoes, as bending down to do me laces up is agony!

Comment

Make the most of it, Al Bundy style....

So do I, might have to go and buy some slip on shoes, as bending down to do me laces up is agony!
                                If only Christina Applegate was around.......... lol

Damn... I should pay more attention to "curent events"..... she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008, and had a double mastectomy.. I had no idea....
                                Last edited by ssn679doc; 10-14-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X