Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You know what? I'm not even going to go back and find out what this is in reference to. Just smiling and moving on.
    Lol, trying to imagine what that smiles like....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol... it was a reference to ethanol.... but I like the way you think! lol
    Lol again, Ditto!

Comment

• Werewolf Ale? To be imbibed only by the light of a full moon?

Is it fitting that I learn about Werewolf Ale while having a vampire show playing in the background?

Damn, now I'm in the mood for a beer.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Another wet, rainy, gloomy, windy day. In a lull in the action I harvested some of the greens I have growing, and I cut some swiss chard. The greens don't like being cut when they are wet, as they basically lay down flat, and the blade on my harvester skims right over them.... hopefully it will quit raining and dry out a little so I can cut some more...

The swiss chard was used for my dinner. I fried a bit of bacon, and I cooked the chard in a vegetable soup/bone broth mix I made last week. Chard soup? It wasn't bad. Now I needs make more bone broth. Time to pull the BACP out.... (Big A$$ Crock Pot)

Got my newest issue of the Stockman Grass Farmer in the mail today... It's a "newspaper" for grass farmers... pasture for cows, alpacas, sheep, goats etc. I always find an interesting article or two. I expect this issue will be no different. The editor is a guy out of Missippi that has been raising cattle on pasture for 40ish years. He has an "opinion" column that I find pretty enjoyable. One of my favorite columns is one written by Joel Salatin. I met Joel at a "farm field day" he holds every year. What an enjoyable character he is!

Went to the store for some things, and looked for the Werewolf Ale. No gotz. But they DID have Woodchuck Hard Cider... I have to be careful around that stuff... it goes down waaaaaay too easy... Had 2... slept like a log (but I got to bed 2 hours later than normal)... AND I had a handful of Hersheys Dark chocolate morsels..... The first chocolate I've had in 6 weeks... The cider was better... I need to go back to square one with a Whole30, I think. Since I finished the Whole30 and have added dairy back in to my diet (mainly yogurt), I find myself "craving" stuff I wasn't eating in September... that and I seem to be "snacking" alot more (hand full of cashews here, walnuts there, raisins the next time etc)... more like I'm eating out of "boredom" rather than because I'm hungry. I have waaaay too much crap to do to be "bored" really... I'm just eating "mindlessly", and I know where that leads... 280. and hell no I ain't going there again....... So, time to tighten up.

Comment

• Yes, hard cider is crazy easy to over drink. Oh, I'll just have one or two or all of them...damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            Yes, hard cider is crazy easy to over drink. Oh, I'll just have one or two or all of them...damn.
            yup... sometimes I can have one or two 6-packs.....

Comment

• yup... sometimes I can have one or two 6-packs.....
              my problem with both beer and cider is putting away the volume of liquid necessary to overdo it. which is also why i stick to spirits

Comment

• I love the change in terminology. In Blighty cider is cider and apple juice is apple juice (fizzy apple juice is appletize - go figure). In Aus and the US (apparently, correct me if I'm wrong), apple cider is alcohol-free and the cheeky juice is hard cider. So what is the extra alcohol cider? Hard-core? Please tell me my Diamond White days were hard core...
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• here in aotearoa, cider is not alcohol free.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                    I love the change in terminology. In Blighty cider is cider and apple juice is apple juice (fizzy apple juice is appletize - go figure). In Aus and the US (apparently, correct me if I'm wrong), apple cider is alcohol-free and the cheeky juice is hard cider. So what is the extra alcohol cider? Hard-core? Please tell me my Diamond White days were hard core...
                    Apple juice is filtered to remove the "pulp" and is clear. Apple cider is a non-alcohol unfiltered apple juice, usually a blend of several varieties of apples to give it a tart, tangy, sweet taste. Hard cider is fermented cider.
                    Personally, I'm thinking "cheeky juice" is a head splitting good time!!

(If memory serves me correctly, that is a mixture of vodka and cider, as opposed to vodka and hard cider?)

Comment

• Ah, we Brits have cloudy apple juice (unfiltered) and apple juice (filtered, usually from concentrate).

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        (If memory serves me correctly, that is a mixture of vodka and cider, as opposed to vodka and hard cider?)
                        Well I, for one, assumed it was vodka and 'hard' cider. Woo!

Comment

Well I, for one, assumed it was vodka and 'hard' cider. Woo!
                          That would make it "Cheekier", for shore!

Comment

Ah, we Brits have cloudy apple juice (unfiltered) and apple juice (filtered, usually from concentrate).
                            We in cider country call the unfiltered stuff, rough cider, which is proper gear and my preferred beverage when I nip out for a snifter, the concentrate stuff isn't recognised as real cider, according to CaMRA (the campaign for real ale), as it doesn't come from pressed apples and some tend to have grape concentrate in it as well!

Oh, the Diamond White days were definitely hardcore, that stuffs high octane....

Two six packs Doc, I bow my head in respect....

Comment

• what is scrumpy then? i used to do cider, double pernod and some black currant back in my late teen years.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                what is scrumpy then? i used to do cider, double pernod and some black currant back in my late teen years.
                                Scrumpy and rough are one and the same, and I double doft my cap in respect for that concoction, that's uber cheeky....

Comment

Working...
                                X