Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    no garlic grows from a bulb. prob more like bluebells. mint grows from a runner. more like a blackberry. we have a few patches of feral mint around here so i never lack for it. and it was very close with the indians. i had to put my bra in my pocket as i didnt have time to put it on. i was kinda relieved it wasnt anyone i knew tho.
    true... its much easier to be naked in front of total strangers... nekkid in front of follks you know is eeemmbarrasin!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 10-04-2013, 02:29 AM.

Comment

no garlic grows from a bulb. prob more like bluebells. mint grows from a runner. more like a blackberry. we have a few patches of feral mint around here so i never lack for it. and it was very close with the indians. i had to put my bra in my pocket as i didnt have time to put it on. i was kinda relieved it wasnt anyone i knew tho.
      Duh, should have thought of that, what a bonehead! Ooh, still must have been a bit of a brown trouser (or whatever you was wearing) moment!!

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      oh and if they tried to put my middle daughter's horse in their dinner. heaven help them.she still isnt talking to one of her favourite neighbours who made a joke about dog tucker when her horse was sick over the winter. absolutely no sense of humour about dead horses at all.
      Tch, strange senses of humour kids....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      true... its much easier to be naked in front of total strangers... nekkid in front of follks you know is eeemmbarrasin!
      Think I'd still find it kind of a reddening event in front of a stranger....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        Last week I started back at my Convict Conditioning... This time I am doing all 6 of the exercises. Last week, I thought my ars were going to fall off they hurt so bad.... the push ups made my triceps hurt, the horizontal rows made my biceps hurt. Fortunately this week, those parts don't hurt, and I did more exercise than I did last week. Guess I just had to bust the rust out.... Yesterday I did squats. With all the running I do, I thought that my legs wouldn't have lost any conditioning. Boy, today proved me wrong. I did 3 sets of 20 full squats.... by the time I was done, my legs felt wobbly.... They feel fine now, but not then! Apparently, strength training uses "different" muscles than endurance training.... who'da thunk it?

I made some fresh vegetable soup yesterday. I put parsnips, carrots, celery, green and red bell pepper and fresh tomato, and some browned ground beef. I had a quart jar of bone "gelatin" broth that I made a couple of weeks ago that I added as the base liquid and topped off with some water. It turned out pretty tasty.

I think a big chuck roast is on the menu for tomorrow. I will be looking at table top rotisseries tomorrow as well, so I can do my own rotisserie chicken...
        Still keep meaning to get that CC book, did ask for it for Christmas last year, but didn't get it!

That soup sounds like a bit of an expansion on that almond/cashew one from the whole30 book.

And rotisserie chicken, nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Think I'd still find it kind of a reddening event in front of a stranger....
          Depends on how cute she is?

Comment

Depends on how cute she is?
            That's true and the location!

Comment

• Tch, strange senses of humour kids....
              LMAO just never ever make dead horse jokes in the hearing of my middle child and all will be good. they are ever so easy going otherwise.

Ooh, still must have been a bit of a brown trouser (or whatever you was wearing) moment!!
              what is a brown trouser moment? the wierdness of the english language LOL from memory i had on a pair of levis and a long sleeve t-shirt. nice and conservative.

Comment

what is a brown trouser moment? .
                Excellent. A genuine excuse to trot out my other pirate joke (yes, I only have two in the repertoire)...

The pirate ship was at sea when the revenue boys were spotted on the horizon. The situation looked grave. The first mate asked the captain what they were going to do. The captain insisted they would fight and asked the first mate to bring him his red jacket.

After a brief skirmish, the pirates were able to escape. The first mate asked about the red jacket - is it lucky? The captain explained that if he took a wound the men would be disheartened and the battle lost, but when he was wearing his red jacket no one noticed a little bit of blood.

Years passed and the pirates were feared wherever they sailed.

Eventually the revenue men caught up with them again. This time the government ships lined the horizon. 'What are we going to do, Captain?' Asked the first mate.

'We will fight!' Came the stern reply. 'Bring me my red jacket...and my brown trousers.'
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• i so shouldnt have asked!! IME if you get caught out nude sunbathing or something like the strap on your bikini top breaks whilst getting out of the spa pool at the swimming pool, the best strategy is to act as natural and unphased as possible. if you start covering around and shreiking all you do is attract even more attention to yourself which makes it even worse.

back on track LOL my current soup thing is venison hocks from the gamey stag that was no longer gamey after it got hung for a week. quite amazing what slow cooking does to them and you get all this broth that sets solid when it is cold. i think there was a grand total of less than a tbsp of congealed fat on top too from two hocks so they are incredibly low fat. what i do is shred the meat, thicken the gravy and have it in a soup bowl with things like baked potatoes or steamed veges.

Comment

i so shouldnt have asked!! IME if you get caught out nude sunbathing or something like the strap on your bikini top breaks whilst getting out of the spa pool at the swimming pool, the best strategy is to act as natural and unphased as possible. if you start covering around and shreiking all you do is attract even more attention to yourself which makes it even worse.

back on track LOL my current soup thing is venison hocks from the gamey stag that was no longer gamey after it got hung for a week. quite amazing what slow cooking does to them and you get all this broth that sets solid when it is cold. i think there was a grand total of less than a tbsp of congealed fat on top too from two hocks so they are incredibly low fat. what i do is shred the meat, thicken the gravy and have it in a soup bowl with things like baked potatoes or steamed veges.
                    That sounds yummy... the last batch of bone broth I made turned to jelly in the fridge.... and I thought I had done something wrong... apparently not!

Comment

Totally agree with that. Locker room - no probs. First time nekkid in front of a man I might like - omg, pass the tequila please. (Or any other liquid courage, or smokeable courage, or snortable courage - you get my drift.)
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• That sounds yummy... the last batch of bone broth I made turned to jelly in the fridge.... and I thought I had done something wrong... apparently not!
                        no that is the aim. the more jelly the better. and these were venison hocks, not bone broth so i was very pleased. the hocks are an absolute nightmare to cut all the silverskin off to turn into tiny thin slivers of meat so i slow cook them instead. you could probably remove the meat off the bone and shred it up a bit and make a very nice meat pie with it and the gravy. and maybe some cheese. venison and cheese pie is very yuumy. i just remove the pastry. something about cooking a pie. not sure what. but you need the pastry to make the inside work. covering the top with something doesnt come out the same.

Comment

• Did a bit of a run yesterday. Was planning on doing 8, but after my squats on Thursday my left hammie was feeling a bit tweeky. I ran on Friday, and it waws kinda sore then and still sore on Sunday, so I backed off of the distance to rest it a bit... I probably could have done the distance, but didn't want to chance injuring myself and then having to not run at all, which would throw my training schedule off. So I took it easy. Then shoveled mulch..... fortunately there wasn't much to shovel..

Saturday I sprayed the garden with rotten fish and garlic.... oh yum that! I got some kelp and fish emulsion fertilizer from Neptune's Harvet, and a garlic based insect repellant. so I sprayed the garden... now all the neighborhood cats will be in the garden! Maybe the garlic will keep them out....

Harvested my first kabocha squash, entirely by accident. I was lifting it to look at the bottom side of the squash, and the neck snapped off of the vine.... luckily it was ripe. I have buttternut and delicata squash that are almost ripe. Harvested a little bit of arugula, and Ihave some swiss chard that is ready. The chinese cabbage and the bok choy are getting close to being ready as well.... Still getting tomatos too.

The veggies for the resturant are coming along. the mizzuna is about 4" tall, which is a harveastable size... the mizuna is a llittle shorter, but not far behind. Radishes are doing well too....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Totally agree with that. Locker room - no probs. First time nekkid in front of a man I might like - omg, pass the tequila please. (Or any other liquid courage, or smokeable courage, or snortable courage - you get my drift.)
                            Me not sure how snorting snuff is courage enhancing....

Did a bit of a run yesterday. Was planning on doing 8, but after my squats on Thursday my left hammie was feeling a bit tweeky. I ran on Friday, and it waws kinda sore then and still sore on Sunday, so I backed off of the distance to rest it a bit... I probably could have done the distance, but didn't want to chance injuring myself and then having to not run at all, which would throw my training schedule off. So I took it easy. Then shoveled mulch..... fortunately there wasn't much to shovel..
                            Know what you're saying about aggrevating an injury, done me back (again) last week putting me training shorts on, ironically! Want to resume doing something as I hate being idle, but don't want to make it worse!

Saturday I sprayed the garden with rotten fish and garlic.... oh yum that! I got some kelp and fish emulsion fertilizer from Neptune's Harvet, and a garlic based insect repellant. so I sprayed the garden... now all the neighborhood cats will be in the garden! Maybe the garlic will keep them out....
                            That must smell devine, don't think that 'ould make good aftershave....

Harvested my first kabocha squash, entirely by accident. I was lifting it to look at the bottom side of the squash, and the neck snapped off of the vine.... luckily it was ripe. I have buttternut and delicata squash that are almost ripe. Harvested a little bit of arugula, and Ihave some swiss chard that is ready. The chinese cabbage and the bok choy are getting close to being ready as well.... Still getting tomatos too.

The veggies for the resturant are coming along. the mizzuna is about 4" tall, which is a harveastable size... the mizuna is a llittle shorter, but not far behind. Radishes are doing well too....
                            Nice job sir, sounds like the crops are coming on grand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Me not sure how snorting snuff is courage enhancing....

Know what you're saying about aggrevating an injury, done me back (again) last week putting me training shorts on, ironically! Want to resume doing something as I hate being idle, but don't want to make it worse!

That must smell devine, don't think that 'ould make good aftershave....

Nice job sir, sounds like the crops are coming on grand?
                              Oh it smells great... if you like the scent o fish guts...... The cats think it's devine! Not exactly what I would be trolling for.....

Yes, the crops are coming on grandly!

Comment

Oh it smells great... if you like the scent o fish guts...... The cats think it's devine! Not exactly what I would be trolling for.....
                                Nor me, I don't envy you that one, that's for sure....

Comment

Working...
                                X